USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yup..
We have raised a family of huggers but alas times have changed, you just can’t go around hugging willy nilly anymore .. (had a vision) .. especially if your a hair smeller as well.. 😬
Ahem. I'll let that one slide my dear Lumpy but just a wee bit too close to politics. :)

This reminded me of my eldest daughter. Not to long ago, I was singing the praises of this particularly creamy vanilla ice cream (called red top) that I was enjoying lately. I think I was over selling but she looked real interested and I was expecting a positive response.

Her response was, “what is it with old folks and ice cream? “ … sheesh.. too honest but funny.. 😀
Too funny. I don't think I've ever seen Red Top ice cream here. Must be a local thing there. Our favorite is Tillamook which is a bit pricey but really good ice cream with real ingredients instead of unpronounceable stuff.

But I guess I haven't associated old folks and ice cream. Kids and ice cream yes. :) I struggle with unwanted weight gain as Beautress mourned when it comes to ice cream. Hombre seems to crave it but he can lose 10 pounds just by thinking skinnier while I can gain weight on air. But my Aunt Betty who will be 97 next month is encouraged to gain weight and she doesn't even think about ice cream unless I happen to serve it while she's here for our weekly lunch and movie.

Ah well. Doing ice cream sparingly is not a terrible problem to have.

Too funny. I don't think I've ever seen Red Top ice cream here. Must be a local thing there. Our favorite is Tillamook which is a bit pricey but really good ice cream with real ingredients instead of unpronounceable stuff.

But I guess I haven't associated old folks and ice cream. Kids and ice cream yes. :) I struggle with unwanted weight gain as Beautress mourned when it comes to ice cream. Hombre seems to crave it but he can lose 10 pounds just by thinking skinnier while I can gain weight on air. But my Aunt Betty who will be 97 next month is encouraged to gain weight and she doesn't even think about ice cream unless I happen to serve it while she's here for our weekly lunch and movie.

Ah well. Doing ice cream sparingly is not a terrible problem to have.
I’m not much of beer drinker but I’ve heard beer helps people gain a little weight. My darlin wife typically has just one glass of red wine for the health benefits. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m not much of beer drinker but I’ve heard beer helps people gain a little weight. My darlin wife typically has just one glass of red wine for the health benefits. 🤷🏼‍♂️
For a very long time now Hombre have not used any form of alcohol for health reasons--would be inadvisable for us now due to some medications we are prescribed. Aunt Betty doesn't like beer but will have a glass of wine with dinner once in a blue moon and has one margarita a week on Thursday Happy Hours at the independent/assisted living community where she now lives. She will be 97 next month. :)

Sigh. Venting a bit. I think I'll just stay in the Coffee Shop for now. I can't seem to start a thread these days no matter how I phrase the OP so that it isn't moved and buried in some obscure forum or merged with another in a different forum. It gets discouraging. I'm not objecting. Rules are rules and I do try to follow them when it's somebody else's territory. But it does make a person less interested in participating.

Oh well. Vent over.

Not much sleep as we lost power just after midnight last night and didn't get it back until 7 a.m. this morning. I was awake again and again checking on it so I could get Hombre back on his CPAP machine and get the wifi turned back on so our phones would work. But all is well now. Our problems are so little when I think of folks in Florida and Georgia who may be without power for days or weeks.

My beloved son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter will come tomorrow for the long weekend and I'll spend the day preparing. Life is good.

Last edited:
Sigh. Venting a bit. I think I'll just stay in the Coffee Shop for now. I can't seem to start a thread these days no matter how I phrase the OP so that it isn't moved and buried in some obscure forum or merged with another in a different forum. It gets discouraging. I'm not objecting. Rules are rules and I do try to follow them when it's somebody else's territory. But it does make a person less interested in participating.

Oh well. Vent over.

Not much sleep as we lost power just after midnight last night and didn't get it back until 7 a.m. this morning. I was awake again and again checking on it so I could get Hombre back on his CPAP machine and get the wifi turned back on so our phones would work. But all is well now. Our problems are so little when I think of folks in Florida and Georgia who may be without power for days or weeks.

My beloved son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter will come tomorrow for the long weekend and I'll spend the day preparing. Life is good.
Mixed emoticons here and under the right conditions a hug. I haven’t been starting to many threads lately, more like adding more fuel to the chaotic and uncivilized behaviors, I’m bad .. soo bad, nuff said..
It’s great that your loved ones are visiting, I love the smiling times and I’m certain you do as well .. enjoy. 🙂

Mixed emoticons here and under the right conditions a hug. I haven’t been starting to many threads lately, more like adding more fuel to the chaotic and uncivilized behaviors, I’m bad .. soo bad, nuff said..
It’s great that your loved ones are visiting, I love the smiling times and I’m certain you do as well .. enjoy. 🙂
Thank you. It does help when somebody just understands. I guess any of us are capable of being bad but I've never seen it from you. :) Love ya Lumpy.

Thank you. It does help when somebody just understands. I guess any of us are capable of being bad but I've never seen it from you. :) Love ya Lumpy.
I felt that, “Love ya Lumpy” .. I seem to tear up easier at this age. Mmm okay .. back to smiling. 😊

A little stroll down memory lane and preparation for venturing out of the cherished, "okay fine, I'll be nice" sanctuary of the beloved Coffee Shop.

Okay I've located everybody in Florida and George that I know in real life. So
WelfareQueen and Montrovant sign in please. I'm not exactly sure where Montro is in Florida but know WQ is or used to be in the Tampa area. Everybody okay?

Thanks Foxy. Sherry and I are north of Tampa. The hurricane went about 120 miles off shore from us. We had some tropical storm force winds, but we basically dodged a bullet. We are all okay, unlike folks in the panhandle/big bend area. Last year I stayed with my father and sister in Winter Haven Florida and hurricane Ian went right over the house as a category 1. I have had the experience twice before. Basically, it sounds like a locomotive right outside your door for about 3 hours. Very scary when you go through it for the first time.

Thank you for asking about us. My best to you and everyone in the Coffeeshop. :thup:

Forum List

Back