USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's the little things...

So often, people can ask what there is to be thankful/grateful for and, more often than not, the respondents seem to go after lofty and esoteric things....As though we're not surrounded by that which aren't enjoyed by so many of the planet's inhabitants.

Running water...All of us can turn a knob and get fresh and clean water to drink....We can also push down on a lever and all our bodily toxic waste gets carried off to be tended to by someone paid to do so....Filter it through some brown grainy substance and you get a favorite hot beverage.

Flip a switch, you get light...Turn a knob, you can cook your meals...Press a couple buttons, you home is warm.

Forget or run out of something needed for that gathering you're having?..Turn a key and drive to a store stocked to the roof with just about every imaginable foodstuff you could need.

A little tired after that dinner?...How about a modern box spring and mattress to rest upon?

What else that most of us take for granted, that would be somewhat annoying to possibly life endangering, if we suddenly didn't have access to right now?

Yeah, the little things.

It's the little things...

So often, people can ask what there is to be thankful/grateful for and, more often than not, the respondents seem to go after lofty and esoteric things....As though we're not surrounded by that which aren't enjoyed by so many of the planet's inhabitants.

Running water...All of us can turn a knob and get fresh and clean water to drink....We can also push down on a lever and all our bodily toxic waste gets carried off to be tended to by someone paid to do so....Filter it through some brown grainy substance and you get a favorite hot beverage.

Flip a switch, you get light...Turn a knob, you can cook your meals...Press a couple buttons, you home is warm.

Forget or run out of something needed for that gathering you're having?..Turn a key and drive to a store stocked to the roof with just about every imaginable foodstuff you could need.

A little tired after that dinner?...How about a modern box spring and mattress to rest upon?

What else that most of us take for granted, that would be somewhat annoying to possibly life endangering, if we suddenly didn't have access to right now?

Yeah, the little things.
I so agree. We so take those little blessings for granted we usually don't think about them all that much. But blessings they are. I'm in the early stages of preparing Thanksgiving dinner that we'll enjoy this afternoon, and there's no wood to chop, no problem producing the right temperatures on a wood or coal fired stove, plenty of light and other modern conveniences. Life is good.

THE COFFEE SHOP VIGIL LIST
We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness & their nephew diagnosed with ALS and now in Hospice
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
Boedicca's nephew for healing/adversity and baby Emma for healing and full recovery with good news for both now reported.
Mindful for successful preventative therapy.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

And let us be grateful for all the little and large blessings that we are given to enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Coffee Shop family.[

1700756811476.png

I finally put my turkey in the oven about a half hour ago. Sausage stuffing to go with it. The giblets and neck are cooking in hot water for the gravy. Pretty much that is all I'm going to have.
Ordered a 10-12 pound bird from Walmart pickup, ended up with a 20 pounder......... That should keep me at least four months if not more.
Hope everyone is having a blessed thanksgiving.

Hmm... wonder what happened to "Flopper"?
For those that post in the movie review section, he is a regular there.
Has not logged in since September 30th... on that day posting away... and then nothing.
😟
Now that you mention it he hasn't posted in quite some time. Hope he's okay.

How is this relevant to the missing Flopper, Oddball? Or are you just recommending the book?

The postman left me a notification yesterday that I had a package and could pick it up, but I can't remember ordering anything. That's why I'm excited about what this could be. I'll pick it up on Monday, the post office isn't open on the weekend. I have to pay 21 euros for the package and need a photo ID. I assume someone sent me something, maybe even a gift and I have to pay the postage for the package. That's what I suspect, but I have no idea who it could be and what could be in the package.
I didn't know the formula about Euros to Dollars, so I loaded the words, "dollar to euro calculator" and got the answer:

1.00000 EUR = 1.09410 USD​

When I used the converter, "How much is 21 Euros in American Dollars?" The exchange converter said it was equal to $24.99 in dollars.

I like Flopper too. If he's writing a book, it may be taking every minute he has to put it together. That's just speculation. Other things take us away from our free time. I just couldn't for the longest time get over my husband's passing, so I didn't show up here much for a long while. As I healed from my loss, I remembered how much I missed USMB especially the people who posted at Foxy's Coffee Lounge. I had forgotten my password, so I requested help, was given alternatives, so I chose to reregister as beautress, and dropped my "freedombecki" moniker, because I lost my notebook that had my old password in it. The other alternative was to get a moderator to locate my information, and I didn't want someone as important as a moderator to waste time on my issues. That's my line, and I'm sticking to it. Nevermind how silly I felt for not remembering a complex password. :redface:

I finally put my turkey in the oven about a half hour ago. Sausage stuffing to go with it. The giblets and neck are cooking in hot water for the gravy. Pretty much that is all I'm going to have.
Ordered a 10-12 pound bird from Walmart pickup, ended up with a 20 pounder......... That should keep me at least four months if not more.
Hope everyone is having a blessed thanksgiving.

We had Thanksgiving at one of my sisters place. Small gathering due to the F&F diaspora of folks fleeing CA & Covid. Quite lovely, but I made way too many dinner rolls and too much pie. So, we are eating a lot of carbs this weekend. Oh darn.

We had Thanksgiving at one of my sisters place. Small gathering due to the F&F diaspora of folks fleeing CA & Covid. Quite lovely, but I made way too many dinner rolls and too much pie. So, we are eating a lot of carbs this weekend. Oh darn.
Well you just tell yourself that for a week or so in November they're brain food and you're SUPPOSED to eat them. :)

Welp, other than giving me a more organized desk space it also played havoc with my body........ Especially my back. Yes I exercise but it's not as intense as the workout involved in putting all of this together. Thank God for my shiatsu massager........

There's a little secret I have to fix a sore back in the spinal and rib areas: If you're not using it lready, it only takes one good night's sleep to love the stuff called Blue Emu cream. It feels best on my back when I rub it in onto the spinal area gently. Sometimes it is effective for three or four weeks of comfort. You can get Blue Emu cream at any pharmacy that has merchandise, and I've seen it in two or three local grocery stores. It's effective in soothing muscles, and it's effective in soothing anywhere a bone joint is painful. Some say it cured their aches with just one or two applications. Hope it heals you well, Ringel05.

Forum List

Back