USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was also looking at 100% silk pajamas on Amazon and they run $145 and up. Of course the cheap silk satin (polyester) ones always show up in the search also. That's the one thing I hate the most about Amazon's product search. Too broad with only a limited filter offering. Generally can't filter out the stuff you don't want. Heck, search "100% Egyptian cotton bedding and 90% of the results are Rayon "like Egyptian cotton" results. Maddening.........

With all the money Amazon makes, you'd think they could afford to hire someone to make a good search function on the site....

I was also looking at 100% silk pajamas on Amazon and they run $145 and up. Of course the cheap silk satin (polyester) ones always show up in the search also. That's the one thing I hate the most about Amazon's product search. Too broad with only a limited filter offering. Generally can't filter out the stuff you don't want. Heck, search "100% Egyptian cotton bedding and 90% of the results are Rayon "like Egyptian cotton" results. Maddening.........
There is usually a menu with price range, brand, color, etc. on the left side of the Amazon page. That does help filter some

With all the money Amazon makes, you'd think they could afford to hire someone to make a good search function on the site....
Amazon generally gives you more and better detail in their product descriptions than any other on line site I've found. But yeah, its hard to nail down an absolutely specific product you're looking for sometimes. I put as much detail into the search as I can and that helps some. But if they don't have the specific item you're looking for they do give a bunch of alternate suggestions.

I always read through the reviews a bit though because sometimes the product description is misleading and the reviews sometimes point that out. You also get some good advice on assembly when that is required. You have to figure out which reviews are the real deal though and which are not those generated by the seller and/or those generated by the seller's competition. :)

Sometimes using the filter will get rid of options that should be there. It’s not great 🙃
Yes that has happened too. Their product lines are almost always radically shifting from day to day anyway--they may or may not have a brand that I usually buy for supplements, popcorn, coconut oil, raw honey, flax oil etc. etc. They also sell a lot of stuff on consignment for small businesses and those can be really fluid from day to day. I am sure IT at Amazon is extremely full time and probably overworked keeping up with everything on a website that size.

I also vary keywords and do several different searches and sometimes find a product that way that they didn't show me before.

The postman left me a notification yesterday that I had a package and could pick it up, but I can't remember ordering anything. That's why I'm excited about what this could be. I'll pick it up on Monday, the post office isn't open on the weekend. I have to pay 21 euros for the package and need a photo ID. I assume someone sent me something, maybe even a gift and I have to pay the postage for the package. That's what I suspect, but I have no idea who it could be and what could be in the package.
I hoping it's something you have to blow up.. ..:eusa_think:.. :71: .. like an air cannon or something ..:)

Last edited:
Mostly done. Still debating a few things and I have a few more items I need to make it all work. Mainly a bluetooth keyboard and mouse that will work with both my Linux and Windows machines. I still have some more cable organizing also but so far so good. :thup:

IMG_0932.jpg

Yes I know I laid the angle shelf over the top of the other. I did that for strength considering that's a mid size tower up there and I wanted overkill.

Mostly done. Still debating a few things and I have a few more items I need to make it all work. Mainly a bluetooth keyboard and mouse that will work with both my Linux and Windows machines. I still have some more cable organizing also but so far so good. :thup:

View attachment 860661

Yes I know I laid the angle shelf over the top of the other. I did that for strength considering that's a mid size tower up there and I wanted overkill.
Looks good.

View attachment 860661

I’m unnecessarily paranoid about heat, both of my pc’s are full-size towers. They go on the floor 😂

Welp, other than giving me a more organized desk space it also played havoc with my body........ Especially my back. Yes I exercise but it's not as intense as the workout involved in putting all of this together. Thank God for my shiatsu massager........

Hmm... wonder what happened to "Flopper"?
For those that post in the movie review section, he is a regular there.
Has not logged in since September 30th... on that day posting away... and then nothing.
😟

Hmm... wonder what happened to "Flopper"?
For those that post in the movie review section, he is a regular there.
Has not logged in since September 30th... on that day posting away... and then nothing.
😟
Now that you mention it he hasn't posted in quite some time. Hope he's okay.

Forum List

Back