USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ups and downs for me the past few days.
This weekend my lady and I went to Jacksonville and watched the 49ers crush the Jaguars. That was tons of fun.
Yesterday we drove back home. On the drive home I smacked my elbow into her big tumbler and bruised it. After we got home I got to start my prep for a colonoscopy that Iā€™m having done today. After I drank the stuff, but before my first trip to the bathroom, I slammed my toe into the corner of our bed. That is at least bruised, maybe strained, possibly broken.
Iā€™m on my second dose of prep, so I get to limp into and out of the bathroom until itā€™s time to leave for the procedure.
I wish I could have done the colonoscopy Thursday and Friday, then gone to the game to end on a high note. šŸ™ƒ
Aw those things do seem to come in bundles. Hopefully you're now done and all the hurt things healing.

Hint for colonoscopy prep: I got tired of the quick runs to the bathroom so finally just set up a TV tray for my Kindle and phone and the gallon of prep in the bathroom and sat it out til done.

Aw those things do seem to come in bundles. Hopefully you're now done and all the hurt things healing.

Hint for colonoscopy prep: I got tired of the quick runs to the bathroom so finally just set up a TV tray for my Kindle and phone and the gallon of prep in the bathroom and sat it out til done.
Iā€™m waiting in the hospital now. Itā€™s been a long wait because the gi office apparently cancelled my appointment but didnā€™t tell me. The hospital didnā€™t have me on their schedule but are squeezing me in. My lady is already planning to go off on the gi office about it.

Iā€™m waiting in the hospital now. Itā€™s been a long wait because the gi office apparently cancelled my appointment but didnā€™t tell me. The hospital didnā€™t have me on their schedule but are squeezing me in. My lady is already planning to go off on the gi office about it.
Ah modern medicine. A pure joy. Not.

Ups and downs for me the past few days.
This weekend my lady and I went to Jacksonville and watched the 49ers crush the Jaguars. That was tons of fun.
Yesterday we drove back home. On the drive home I smacked my elbow into her big tumbler and bruised it. After we got home I got to start my prep for a colonoscopy that Iā€™m having done today. After I drank the stuff, but before my first trip to the bathroom, I slammed my toe into the corner of our bed. That is at least bruised, maybe strained, possibly broken.
Iā€™m on my second dose of prep, so I get to limp into and out of the bathroom until itā€™s time to leave for the procedure.
I wish I could have done the colonoscopy Thursday and Friday, then gone to the game to end on a high note. šŸ™ƒ
Prayers up for your improved health, Montrovant. Hope they find out what's wrong with you, and that you get better fast. :huddle:

Deck the Halls with boughs of Coffea arabica...
1700068646602.png

All right, that was successful! My 2018 i7 Mac mini showed up yesterday and I hooked it up, I immediately upgraded it to macOS Monterey as it was waiting for me to do it when it powered on. The unfortunate thing about Monterey is Apple support ends a year from now and I believe this mini is an unsupported upgrade for Ventura or the latest, Sonoma.
No problem, enter OpenCore Patcher. It's set up on a flash (thumb) drive with 15 gb or bigger. Follow all the instructions and a few hours later I have a fully functioning macOS Sonoma running on the Mini.
I'm happy........ :cool:
Also took my previous home built gamer (8 years old I think) out of the closet, reset it (Windows 10) leaving it to be set up by whomever owns it next. Comes with an older 24" ASUS monitor and standard Dell keyboard.

My new shelf is coming along but there are a few things I need to do before it's finished. I have to work it in between playing games on my computer, watching 'how to' YouTube videos and naps. I have soooooo little time to work.

All right, that was successful! My 2018 i7 Mac mini showed up yesterday and I hooked it up, I immediately upgraded it to macOS Monterey as it was waiting for me to do it when it powered on. The unfortunate thing about Monterey is Apple support ends a year from now and I believe this mini is an unsupported upgrade for Ventura or the latest, Sonoma.
No problem, enter OpenCore Patcher. It's set up on a flash (thumb) drive with 15 gb or bigger. Follow all the instructions and a few hours later I have a fully functioning macOS Sonoma running on the Mini.
I'm happy........ :cool:
Also took my previous home built gamer (8 years old I think) out of the closet, reset it (Windows 10) leaving it to be set up by whomever owns it next. Comes with an older 24" ASUS monitor and standard Dell keyboard.

My new shelf is coming along but there are a few things I need to do before it's finished. I have to work it in between playing games on my computer, watching 'how to' YouTube videos and naps. I have soooooo little time to work.
I think there comes a time for all of us when it's perfectly okay to have little time to work. :)

THE COFFEE SHOP VIGIL LIST
We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness & their nephew diagnosed with ALS and now in Hospice
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
Boedicca's nephew for healing/adversity and baby Emma for healing and full recovery with good news for both now reported.
Mindful for successful preventative therapy.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Before autumn morphs into winter. . .
1700204825295.png

The postman left me a notification yesterday that I had a package and could pick it up, but I can't remember ordering anything. That's why I'm excited about what this could be. I'll pick it up on Monday, the post office isn't open on the weekend. I have to pay 21 euros for the package and need a photo ID. I assume someone sent me something, maybe even a gift and I have to pay the postage for the package. That's what I suspect, but I have no idea who it could be and what could be in the package.

The postman left me a notification yesterday that I had a package and could pick it up, but I can't remember ordering anything. That's why I'm excited about what this could be. I'll pick it up on Monday, the post office isn't open on the weekend. I have to pay 21 euros for the package and need a photo ID. I assume someone sent me something, maybe even a gift and I have to pay the postage for the package. That's what I suspect, but I have no idea who it could be and what could be in the package.
Hope it's good, Morty.

Wow, this morning I swept a lot of leaves off the front porch and sidewalk. There's more to do later, but I have to go buy some trash bags first. It's always something around here. It's already close to 7 am here, and I just wrote out a list of bills that have to be paid, errands that need to be done, etcetera. It's Saturday already! Have a great weekend, all!

1700311648210.jpeg

Okay, everybody pony up. Found the Christmas present I want but after slightly renovating my home hobby room (not an office room anymore) all my current spendable cash is used up.
So you all are just gonna have to get it for me...........

Brown of London Regent Robe for the low, low price of $200. :eek: :lol:

1700319067846.jpeg

Men's Robe - Regent

Last edited:
Okay, everybody pony up. Found the Christmas present I want but after slightly renovating my home hobby room (not an office room anymore) all my current spendable cash is used up.
So you all are just gonna have to get it for me...........

Brown of London Regent Robe for the low, low price of $200. :eek: :lol:

View attachment 860334

Men's Robe - Regent
Why not go for something really good? Amazon wouldn't let me copy it, but they have a lovely Dolce & Gabbana men's silk robe for $3,200.

Or this one looks good at Walmart for $18.95 :)
1700320301579.png

I have to say though, your Brown of London selection is of impeccable taste. :)

I was also looking at 100% silk pajamas on Amazon and they run $145 and up. Of course the cheap silk satin (polyester) ones always show up in the search also. That's the one thing I hate the most about Amazon's product search. Too broad with only a limited filter offering. Generally can't filter out the stuff you don't want. Heck, search "100% Egyptian cotton bedding and 90% of the results are Rayon "like Egyptian cotton" results. Maddening.........

Forum List

Back