USMB Coffee Shop IV

My hubby was an all lines general insurance adjuster for many years and worked too many Christmas fires caused by too dry Christmas trees so we haven't been allowed a real tree for a very long time now though new technologies have greatly reduced that risk. Nothing like the smell of a real tree freshly cut though. The balsam fir is usually one of the best choices. Yours must have been cut way too early to drop needles that fast.
Alas .. last year was the last year of a real tree.. but, on the bright side our new phony Frasier pine led programable zero odor I sweet talked down to 70% off. My darlin wife loves it which actually amazes me. So yup, real acceptable fresh cut trees were ridiculously priced this year and walking around finding the perfect tree has lost it's pizzazz now that it's down to my wife and I.

Alas .. last year was the last year of a real tree.. but, on the bright side our new phony Frasier pine led programable zero odor I sweet talked down to 70% off. My darlin wife loves it which actually amazes me. So yup, real acceptable fresh cut trees were ridiculously priced this year and walking around finding the perfect tree has lost it's pizzazz now that it's down to my wife and I.
The most fun we ever had with Christmas trees was cutting our own in the two Christmases we spent in New Mexico after we were married. (I grew up in New Mexico but my parents just bought a tree off the lot.) The state designates areas that the forests need to be thinned a bit on the theory nobody will take the enormous trees but choose the living room appropriate ones. It was great fun making that trip to the mountain and trekking through the snow to find just the right tree, cutting it down, dragging it back to tie it on top of the car.

The artificial ones don't provide the same smell but they're a whole lot easier :)

The most fun we ever had with Christmas trees was cutting our own in the two Christmases we spent in New Mexico after we were married. (I grew up in New Mexico but my parents just bought a tree off the lot.) The state designates areas that the forests need to be thinned a bit on the theory nobody will take the enormous trees but choose the living room appropriate ones. It was great fun making that trip to the mountain and trekking through the snow to find just the right tree, cutting it down, dragging it back to tie it on top of the car.

The artificial ones don't provide the same smell but they're a whole lot easier :)
Even when we lived down in the Silicon Valley we honored that Christmas ritual minus the snow part..

Even when we lived down in the Silicon Valley we honored that Christmas ritual minus the snow part..
Alas, on the Texas high plains, in the Panhandle, and in all of Kansas there were no Christmas trees growing anywhere at least in places the public had access. :)

Alas, on the Texas high plains, in the Panhandle, and in all of Kansas there were no Christmas trees growing anywhere at least in places the public had access. :)
Well, for me it's been the Silicon Valley to Northern California to Oregon during the children raising years, so, I feel blessed.

sleep.jpg

Anybody watch the Rose Parade? We went once for a vacation and saw it in person. Patriotic theme that year and was well worth it.
Mom watched it every year and it just carried over with me.

One more short week at work and then the long slog thru the deep of winter to spring begins. Been very mild so far and this week doesnt look bad but I doubt it can hold.

May 2024 be a year of morning coffee, love and sunshine to everyone!
And I know this may be corny, but I found a sunshine quilt...

1704150147651.png

Poem to all Coffee Lounge members who post here:

May beauty surround you,
May God stay and found you,
May peace walk before you,
May heaven adore you,
May all kindness warm you
May no evil harm you
May good health be given you
May justice live in you
So Satan shall fear you
When you keep God near you!

Love,
beautress
(formerly freedombecki)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
May this new year bless you.
And nothing distress you.

Anybody watch the Rose Parade? We went once for a vacation and saw it in person. Patriotic theme that year and was well worth it.
Mom watched it every year and it just carried over with me.

One more short week at work and then the long slog thru the deep of winter to spring begins. Been very mild so far and this week doesnt look bad but I doubt it can hold.
I seem to have lost interest over the years but …talk about sweet memories, cool tunes, delightful women and oh yah .. a parade.
We used to camp out on the curb in the late 60’s .. early 70’s and let’s say party the night before the parade passed by.. then leave early to miss the traffic and get some sleep! Oh the free love days 💕.. :nono: .. :slap:

Last edited:
I found out my blood sugar is back up to the pre-diabetic level, so no cocoa for me 😢
I don’t drink alcohol, so I don’t feel bad about not having the schnapps/Irish creme 🙃
When my blood sugar goes up, my neuropathy goes into overdrive, and my ankles disappear due to swelling and awful shades of blueblack with dull dark pink. Somebody should dream up a perfect cinnamon drink. Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels. There's one other supplement that lowers blood sugar levels too, my favorites being Cinnamon and bitter melon capsules. Only best wishes to find out what works best for you. The nice thing about food helpers is that you have no side effects other than feeling good.
  • Cinnamon
  • Ginseng
  • Other herbs
  • Vitamin D
  • Magnesium
  • Probiotics
  • Plant compounds like berberine
  • Aloe vera
  • Bitter melon
Found here: list of supplements that lower blood sugar - Bing

Last edited:

Forum List