USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good news, I don't have the flu.

Bad news. I may have breast cancer again.

Biopsy was done today, will have the results next week.

Geez. I know we can't control these things, but it sure seems to me you've had your fair share of issues already and didn't need this. And I am really frustrated when they do these things and then you have to wait days and days for the verdict. When they do MOHS surgery for skin cancers, they take off a layer of skin and you have the lab results back in less than an hour so they know whether they got it all or need another cut. You can't tell me they couldn't get the lab results back more quickly on these biopsies so the patient didn't have to wait and worry for sometimes up to two weeks. Hombre had to wait almost two weeks for results on his last one.

Back in the olden days (dark ages?), my sister twice had suspicious looking moles. The doctor did a quick biopsy right in the office, the lab had the results back within an hour, the doc took a chunk out of her to get the rest of it, and it was done. No reoccurence and no agony of waiting. That's the humane way to do it.

Okay rant over. But I'm still frustrated and a little angry. Prayers continue.

Well, my dental surgery went smoothly....the only painful thing about this 2nd phase, is the shot they give you to numb the area.....man, that was some big needle.....

Anyway, it didn't take that long, less than an hour, and I was out of there. I'm a tad sore, but he said Motrin should be enough....if not, I still have some pain killers from Phase 1...but the numbness is going away and I'm not feeling a lot of pain....keep my fingers crossed.

Bad news.....I have to eat soft foods for 2 weeks! Yikes! 2 weeks is a long, long time.

th

Milkshakes!!

That sounds delicious....I think I will make me one, later...

I had soup for lunch....it was okay!

Good news, I don't have the flu.

Bad news. I may have breast cancer again.

Biopsy was done today, will have the results next week.

Praying it is just dead fatty tissue!

:smiliehug:

Unfortunately this is the most dangerous kind of breast cancer: Inflammatory Breast Cancer - Breast Cancer Center - EverydayHealth.com

No no no. Positive thinking. It's not that. Nope. its dead fatty tissue. Right? RIGHT? Right.:smiliehug:

I bought some chocolate ice cream at the store earlier...so I think I will make one too for tonight!

Morning folks! Today is National Filet Mignon Day ... :thup:

National_Filet_Mignon_Day_8_13_14_TUC.jpg

Good way to celebrate would be to have a tenderloin steak cookout...
smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Best cut of mammal meat in the world is a filet/tenderloin of beef. I like mine cooked rare over natural wood coals (preferred) or charcoal. A little salt after cooking and maybe some horseradish for dipping some of the cut pieces in to.

smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Best cut of mammal meat in the world is a filet/tenderloin of beef. I like mine cooked rare over natural wood coals (preferred) or charcoal. A little salt after cooking and maybe some horseradish for dipping some of the cut pieces in to.

Give me a rib-eye steak any day!!!!!!

smiley_bbq.gif

Have a great day!

Then you have never had a Dall Sheep backstrap (tenderloin).

Had my follow-up doctor's appointment today at 1000 with my family doctor. Things are going well with the Lyme disease. By the time I had gotten to his office, the pain that kept me awake all night was pretty much gone. I was, however, very tired and when I got back home I went to bed and slept until 1600. He said he didn't see any reason why I couldn't go on vacation Sept 1st and that I should be feeling very much better before then. I do feel pretty good right now except for being a little tired. I feel a bit like a drama queen complaining about my little ailment when so many of the crew here in the Coffee Shop have much more serious things going on either with them or loved ones. I do hope everybody gets well soon and their loved ones that have problems right now can quickly overcome the bumps in the road. In the future I will try to think of others more and myself a little less.

Had my follow-up doctor's appointment today at 1000 with my family doctor. Things are going well with the Lyme disease. By the time I had gotten to his office, the pain that kept me awake all night was pretty much gone. I was, however, very tired and when I got back home I went to bed and slept until 1600. He said he didn't see any reason why I couldn't go on vacation Sept 1st and that I should be feeling very much better before then. I do feel pretty good right now except for being a little tired. I feel a bit like a drama queen complaining about my little ailment when so many of the crew here in the Coffee Shop have much more serious things going on either with them or loved ones. I do hope everybody gets well soon and their loved ones that have problems right now can quickly overcome the bumps in the road. In the future I will try to think of others more and myself a little less.

Lyme disease..... Little ailment...... Sure thing BBD...... Damn thing's potentially deadly and can cause sever neurological and cardiac issues decades in the future if not treated in time. Trust me, you're not being a drama queen. Leave that to me........ :lol:

Got the wife an early birthday present (her b-day is next month). The old treadmill was about worn out and she wanted to go a different route, something less strenuous on the knees, low impact. Well I just got my exercise putting together her new NordicTrack E6.3 Elliptical.

nordictrack-e6.3.jpg

I tried it in the store and it doesn't really hurt my knees so I may have found something I can use to work on my lower body. :thup:

Forum List

Back