USMB Coffee Shop IV

Got the wife an early birthday present (her b-day is next month). The old treadmill was about worn out and she wanted to go a different route, something less strenuous on the knees, low impact. Well I just got my exercise putting together her new NordicTrack E6.3 Elliptical.

nordictrack-e6.3.jpg

I tried it in the store and it doesn't really hurt my knees so I may have found something I can use to work on my lower body. :thup:

You will feel it in your thigh muscles though - they are great.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Sheila test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Today is day 17 of the great Stat-Princess-Statalina vacation.

Yesterday, since Princess Statalina was still tuckered-out from the 12-13 hour day at Phantasialand the day before and just as we were planning to get out the door for a bike tour, it started to rain in buckets, we made a chill-day instead with lots of indoor games, and in doing so, we sorted through the games in her room that she does not want anymore, so I could box them up and prepare to ebay them or flea-market them. :D

And since 2 customers from the final business day that I opened up the week before couldn't make it and since little Princess loves doing arts-n-crafts with her babysitter when she is here, I scheduled two business appointments for the early evening, at 5 pm. Well, the babysitter came with old coffee mugs, special markers and a mini-kiln and the two were creating their own coffee mug designs. Since it was going to take more than two hours to get the mugs done and since I hadn't gotten a workout in since the beginning of the vacation, I took off to the gym for 3 hours, pumped like a crazy man :D and let little one stay up late with the babysitter.

Typing now feels like this today:

25-how-it-feels-to-write-after-a-long-time.jpg

:lol:

The weather looks to be perfect today, really post-card perfect, so we will do a bike-tour today, and then scooter-tour and then playgrounds, and since the one private pool is open till 9, we will go swimming. The goal is to let her run wild so it will be easier to get her into bed earlier and earlier, incrementally, so that when she goes back to her mother next Tuesday, she will be on the normal school-year sleep schedule, because she begins the 2nd grade on Wednesday.

I often ask myself where the last year and frankly, this year. Wow.

Last edited:
Had my follow-up doctor's appointment today at 1000 with my family doctor. Things are going well with the Lyme disease. By the time I had gotten to his office, the pain that kept me awake all night was pretty much gone. I was, however, very tired and when I got back home I went to bed and slept until 1600. He said he didn't see any reason why I couldn't go on vacation Sept 1st and that I should be feeling very much better before then. I do feel pretty good right now except for being a little tired. I feel a bit like a drama queen complaining about my little ailment when so many of the crew here in the Coffee Shop have much more serious things going on either with them or loved ones. I do hope everybody gets well soon and their loved ones that have problems right now can quickly overcome the bumps in the road. In the future I will try to think of others more and myself a little less.

What you have is not trivial, BBD! Unchecked Lyme disease can have a serious impact on your overall health. You need to take care of yourself and thank you for caring about others too.

Welcome to Thursday! Coffee is good and I'm feeling pretty good today. Looks like it's going to be a pretty nice day outside. Got some really good sleep last night. Good sleep cures all ills!!!

Got the wife an early birthday present (her b-day is next month). The old treadmill was about worn out and she wanted to go a different route, something less strenuous on the knees, low impact. Well I just got my exercise putting together her new NordicTrack E6.3 Elliptical.

nordictrack-e6.3.jpg

I tried it in the store and it doesn't really hurt my knees so I may have found something I can use to work on my lower body. :thup:
These things burn some serious calories!

Fellow posters,

Your brain is the most important thing you carry around, with the possible exception of your heart/soul. A brain can help you overcome tremendous struggles with a positive attitude. Medicine has witnessed time and again what the soul and brain can do together in restoring mental and physical health. I personally think having others direct that energy of postitive thought toward you can also be of great help. All of you are going to get better and that is that. Consider it all fixed.

looking at the calendar i see its august 14th already. i noticed on the way into work some of the Ash and sumac trees are starting to turn colors already. The nights are starting to get cold and it felt like fall in the air this morning. Where did this summer go? It seems to have gone faster than usual.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I've spent most of it as a bachelor. My wife works in the school system and has summers off. this summer she has taken advantage of that time and did a lot of traveling with friends. She spent a week at a friends summer house on the beach in North Carolina. Then we managed to squeeze a wek in at our shore house. Then she was off to vegas for a week and a half. home for the weekend to see two plays and do a mystery theater dinner. then she was back down to our shore house for a week with her friends. Back for a few more plays, then a week up in the Berkshires. This week her friends form Vegas are out staying with us. Next week she does a 3 day wine tour wine a bunch of her friends. and the last week of summer we finally get away together again. It's good that she is getting away because i have been buried at work with two special projects. I actually had to switch one weeks vacation this summer and cancel another. hopefully these nightmares will die down shortly.

But one thing for sure, it all has made for the fastest summer on record. i feel like i haven't done any of the normal summer things. haven't been fishing once. Haven't been hiking and taking my normal massive amount of pictures. Never started my bike up or got it inspected this year. I think if i've been in the pool 10 times that is it.

Fellow posters,

Your brain is the most important thing you carry around, with the possible exception of your heart/soul. A brain can help you overcome tremendous struggles with a positive attitude. Medicine has witnessed time and again what the soul and brain can do together in restoring mental and physical health. I personally think having others direct that energy of postitive thought toward you can also be of great help. All of you are going to get better and that is that. Consider it all fixed.

What you say is true but I must remind you that chanting and shaking a dead chicken around can sometimes be helpful too - especially if done in the close vicinity of a campfire!

Fellow posters,

What you say is true but I must remind you that chanting and shaking a dead chicken around can sometimes be helpful too - especially if done in the close vicinity of a campfire!

No chickens were harmed in the making of my post, nor was Smokey the Bear nervous.

Hey, happy campers, have a great day.

Started as a bummer when I discovered my cat managed to damage an external drive with a finished book and three articles underway on it. I don't have the articles backed up, so if my computer guy can't fix the drive I will have to send the cat to computer science school to figure it out.

Forum List

Back