USMB Coffee Shop IV

Always lettuce, tomato, never onion, thin thin coat of mayo, and of course a nice sharp cheese. Mustard not really, that's for fries and dogs and other things. Ketchup is for the trash can. :death:
Lettuce and tomatoes are two items that I don't like on my hamburger, as they tend to overpower the burger thus not getting the full flavor of the beef patty. Not to mention making the burger soggy. I don't order my burgers with lettuce and tomatoes, but if I get em' with lettuce and tomatoes, I'm not one to complain, I'll just remove em' and enjoy my burger...:)

I dont care for raw tomatoes at all...

tumblr_lptyhmhFE71qjcwuzo1_400.gif

-- they come in some other form?? :confused:

:puke:

I have several reddening on the vine right now. Yummmm....

Good morning all. It doesn't seem possible that it is another Wednesday already. The days are just zooming by. I'm awaiting the arrival of the Comcast tech who hopefully will get our phones back up and running. And Hombre will do the medical taxi run with Uncle Ed today. Hope BBD has found some relief for his shoulder, that Mertex's dental adventure goes well, that Gracie and 007's Mom get good reports, and all are looking forward to a productive or at least a pleasant day.

Well... it's not good... got a call from my younger sister about 30 minutes ago and she said Ma has a perforated appendix, however the hell that happens, and her pulmonary embolism is back. She'll have to have surgery for the perforated appendix, but that's going to be very tricky being as she has a pulmonary embolism, so... it's bad... no matter how you look at it.

So, I think I'm going to call the radio station and postpone this DJ taping. I just don't feel all bubbly and cheerful right now, not with a mother laying gravely ill in the hospital.
I'm saddened to hear that, 007. Hope the surgery goes well, and your mom makes a speedy recovery. Prayers go out to you and your mom.

Me too Double 0. I've been by that hospital bed, prayers up. You and Sheila have a special sub-circle. :eusa_pray:

Wow....that looks really good. :thup:

Before my heart attack I used to eat things like that.

I'd never eat anything like that. Ruining a good burger with all that slop! :lol:

Actually I agree with both of the above. That thing does look rather wet. But I'll take that jalapeño. :D

I didn't want to go down the heart attack road so I gave up cow in the '70s, though only gave up wheat more recently. But not entirely-- I had this whole grain pizza crust sitting around and baked it last night, figured it would be a splurge/reward after losing all that weight, and would set me back. Even had a beer with it, which has also been off for about 6 months. But according to this morning's weigh-in, it didn't. :) It's all in the timing methinks.

I do still enjoy a good turkey burger -- all the taste, protein instead of fat, and no hormones. :thup:

It's gotta have a little better cheese than the Velveeta on this one though...

Last edited:
Lettuce and tomatoes are two items that I don't like on my hamburger, as they tend to overpower the burger thus not getting the full flavor of the beef patty. Not to mention making the burger soggy. I don't order my burgers with lettuce and tomatoes, but if I get em' with lettuce and tomatoes, I'm not one to complain, I'll just remove em' and enjoy my burger...:)

tomato-sauce-49820.gif

Happy Thursday all!

Well, my dental surgery went smoothly....the only painful thing about this 2nd phase, is the shot they give you to numb the area.....man, that was some big needle.....

Anyway, it didn't take that long, less than an hour, and I was out of there. I'm a tad sore, but he said Motrin should be enough....if not, I still have some pain killers from Phase 1...but the numbness is going away and I'm not feeling a lot of pain....keep my fingers crossed.

Bad news.....I have to eat soft foods for 2 weeks! Yikes! 2 weeks is a long, long time.

th

Milkshakes!!

Eggplant Parmigiana! Right outta the garden! :eusa_angel:

Good morning all. It doesn't seem possible that it is another Wednesday already. The days are just zooming by. I'm awaiting the arrival of the Comcast tech who hopefully will get our phones back up and running. And Hombre will do the medical taxi run with Uncle Ed today. Hope BBD has found some relief for his shoulder, that Mertex's dental adventure goes well, that Gracie and 007's Mom get good reports, and all are looking forward to a productive or at least a pleasant day.

Well... it's not good... got a call from my younger sister about 30 minutes ago and she said Ma has a perforated appendix, however the hell that happens, and her pulmonary embolism is back. She'll have to have surgery for the perforated appendix, but that's going to be very tricky being as she has a pulmonary embolism, so... it's bad... no matter how you look at it.

So, I think I'm going to call the radio station and postpone this DJ taping. I just don't feel all bubbly and cheerful right now, not with a mother laying gravely ill in the hospital.

They can do amazing thing though 007. My Aunt Betty, at age 86 last year, went through two perforated appendix situations until they finally decided to take out the bad appendix--something they resisted doing because of her age (86) and because of numerous other serious health issues that she has. But they finally did it and she came through with flying colors. So your mom is in our prayers and we will expect the best. A perforated appendix is serious--not good at all--but it's better than cancer.
Well you're right Foxy... Ma is in surgery as I type this, and my little sister said they told her that it was a rather quick procedure and not to worry. So if she pulls through this OK and then some drugs take care of the P.E. again, she'll be back to herself here in no time. And boy you're also right that that beats the snot otta being cancer. She can whip this... thank God.

Last edited:
looking at the calendar i see its august 14th already. i noticed on the way into work some of the Ash and sumac trees are starting to turn colors already. The nights are starting to get cold and it felt like fall in the air this morning. Where did this summer go? It seems to have gone faster than usual.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I've spent most of it as a bachelor. My wife works in the school system and has summers off. this summer she has taken advantage of that time and did a lot of traveling with friends. She spent a week at a friends summer house on the beach in North Carolina. Then we managed to squeeze a wek in at our shore house. Then she was off to vegas for a week and a half. home for the weekend to see two plays and do a mystery theater dinner. then she was back down to our shore house for a week with her friends. Back for a few more plays, then a week up in the Berkshires. This week her friends form Vegas are out staying with us. Next week she does a 3 day wine tour wine a bunch of her friends. and the last week of summer we finally get away together again. It's good that she is getting away because i have been buried at work with two special projects. I actually had to switch one weeks vacation this summer and cancel another. hopefully these nightmares will die down shortly.

But one thing for sure, it all has made for the fastest summer on record. i feel like i haven't done any of the normal summer things. haven't been fishing once. Haven't been hiking and taking my normal massive amount of pictures. Never started my bike up or got it inspected this year. I think if i've been in the pool 10 times that is it.

I wish I could say the same, we had a little shower the other evening, and the temp dropped to 75 degrees, but it didn't stay there long. The days are still very hot. I'm so looking forward to cooler weather since I haven't lost any plants this summer, but more of this hot weather and I won't be able to keep them all watered.

I can eat a tomato just like I was eating an apple.....soooooo good.

Good morning, there's still 39 minutes left of it here :), everybody. Just reading over the posts since I signed off this morning and thinking what an interesting group of people you all are. Would we ever have all come together as a quasi-family in real life? Probably not. But here each and every one of you is important.

Still wonderful weather here in north central New Mexico, but this will be our last day in the 80's probably. It is forecast to start climbing back into the low 90's next week but that is very pleasant for us this time of year. It goes down to the low 60's, even high 50's at night which makes for great sleeping with the windows wide open.

We will likely have flash flood warnings again today, but only a vey few flash floods have been at all destructive and we'll take the risk to get the rain. Starting tomorrow it looks like it will be drying out for awhile. As I am sure Mertex will agree, too wet is sure better than too dry.

So hoping those feeling poorly are getting better rapidly and those awaiting verdicts will get great ones.

They can do amazing thing though 007. My Aunt Betty, at age 86 last year, went through two perforated appendix situations until they finally decided to take out the bad appendix--something they resisted doing because of her age (86) and because of numerous other serious health issues that she has. But they finally did it and she came through with flying colors. So your mom is in our prayers and we will expect the best. A perforated appendix is serious--not good at all--but it's better than cancer.
Well you're right Foxy... Ma is in surgery as I type this, and my little sister said they told her that it was a rather quick procedure and not to worry. So if she pulls through this OK and then some drugs take care of the P.E. again, she'll be back to herself here in no time. And boy you're also right that that beats the snot otta being cancer. She can whip this... thank God.

Little sister just texted me... Ma is out of surgery, doing fine and eating a bite of lunch. ONE OBSTACLE DOWN.

Now they can concentrate on that pulmonary embolism.

Good morning, there's still 39 minutes left of it here :), everybody. Just reading over the posts since I signed off this morning and thinking what an interesting group of people you all are. Would we ever have all come together as a quasi-family in real life? Probably not. But here each and every one of you is important.

Still wonderful weather here in north central New Mexico, but this will be our last day in the 80's probably. It is forecast to start climbing back into the low 90's next week but that is very pleasant for us this time of year. It goes down to the low 60's, even high 50's at night which makes for great sleeping with the windows wide open.

We will likely have flash flood warnings again today, but only a vey few flash floods have been at all destructive and we'll take the risk to get the rain. Starting tomorrow it looks like it will be drying out for awhile. As I am sure Mertex will agree, too wet is sure better than too dry.

So hoping those feeling poorly are getting better rapidly and those awaiting verdicts will get great ones.

Living in a wet area I don't know if I can agree. You can always bring in water in a drought but when you have mildew on everything about all you can do is run around with a rag and a bottle of vinegar. Seems the former is less work.

Forum List

Back