USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, my dental surgery went smoothly....the only painful thing about this 2nd phase, is the shot they give you to numb the area.....man, that was some big needle.....

Anyway, it didn't take that long, less than an hour, and I was out of there. I'm a tad sore, but he said Motrin should be enough....if not, I still have some pain killers from Phase 1...but the numbness is going away and I'm not feeling a lot of pain....keep my fingers crossed.

Bad news.....I have to eat soft foods for 2 weeks! Yikes! 2 weeks is a long, long time.

th

Milkshakes!!

Eggplant Parmigiana! Right outta the garden! :eusa_angel:
There's also mashed potatoes with gravy on top for a side. You can't get any softer than mashed potatoes. For a complete meal, you could have Shepherd's Pie, it should be passable for soft food ... :thup: ... don't forget to add some catsup ... :D

looking at the calendar i see its august 14th already. i noticed on the way into work some of the Ash and sumac trees are starting to turn colors already. The nights are starting to get cold and it felt like fall in the air this morning. Where did this summer go? It seems to have gone faster than usual.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I've spent most of it as a bachelor. My wife works in the school system and has summers off. this summer she has taken advantage of that time and did a lot of traveling with friends. She spent a week at a friends summer house on the beach in North Carolina. Then we managed to squeeze a wek in at our shore house. Then she was off to vegas for a week and a half. home for the weekend to see two plays and do a mystery theater dinner. then she was back down to our shore house for a week with her friends. Back for a few more plays, then a week up in the Berkshires. This week her friends form Vegas are out staying with us. Next week she does a 3 day wine tour wine a bunch of her friends. and the last week of summer we finally get away together again. It's good that she is getting away because i have been buried at work with two special projects. I actually had to switch one weeks vacation this summer and cancel another. hopefully these nightmares will die down shortly.

But one thing for sure, it all has made for the fastest summer on record. i feel like i haven't done any of the normal summer things. haven't been fishing once. Haven't been hiking and taking my normal massive amount of pictures. Never started my bike up or got it inspected this year. I think if i've been in the pool 10 times that is it.

I've spent most of the summer decorating my new place. I woke up this morning and there was certainly a chill in the air. My friend and I decided to go garage saling today and it was so much fun, really nice day. We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch then I came home and incorporated the things I bought.

I know winter was bad last year, hope it isn't quite that extreme again but I really love Fall and Winter.

This was taken on the beach where our shore house is. pretty wild. check out the video in the link.

Caught on Camera: Hammerhead Shark at Island Beach State Park | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Caught on Camera: Hammerhead Shark at Island Beach State Park

3-140814202946.jpeg
Would be nice to have a clear pic of the hammerhead shark. It's rare to see one. Good news is that most hammerheads are harmless to humans. In isolated cases where hammerheads have attacked humans, none of the attacks were fatal.

One way to attract the shark for a better picture would be to throw raw meat into the water. However just to play it safe, it's best to use a cage, just in case other sharks come by and engage in a feeding frenzy ... :D

Milkshakes!!

Eggplant Parmigiana! Right outta the garden! :eusa_angel:
There's also mashed potatoes with gravy on top for a side. You can't get any softer than mashed potatoes. For a complete meal, you could have Shepherd's Pie, it should be passable for soft food ... :thup: ... don't forget to add some catsup ... :D

Creamed spinich, mashed sweet potatos, riscotto, fluffy eggs, apple sauce, bisque, pudding, banana smoothies, butternut squash, liver pate, yogurt, soufle,
humus (and feta:D),Chocolate-Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe...omg!, salmon mouse, ICE CREAM....now I'm hungry :lol:

looking at the calendar i see its august 14th already. i noticed on the way into work some of the Ash and sumac trees are starting to turn colors already. The nights are starting to get cold and it felt like fall in the air this morning. Where did this summer go? It seems to have gone faster than usual.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I've spent most of it as a bachelor. My wife works in the school system and has summers off. this summer she has taken advantage of that time and did a lot of traveling with friends. She spent a week at a friends summer house on the beach in North Carolina. Then we managed to squeeze a wek in at our shore house. Then she was off to vegas for a week and a half. home for the weekend to see two plays and do a mystery theater dinner. then she was back down to our shore house for a week with her friends. Back for a few more plays, then a week up in the Berkshires. This week her friends form Vegas are out staying with us. Next week she does a 3 day wine tour wine a bunch of her friends. and the last week of summer we finally get away together again. It's good that she is getting away because i have been buried at work with two special projects. I actually had to switch one weeks vacation this summer and cancel another. hopefully these nightmares will die down shortly.

But one thing for sure, it all has made for the fastest summer on record. i feel like i haven't done any of the normal summer things. haven't been fishing once. Haven't been hiking and taking my normal massive amount of pictures. Never started my bike up or got it inspected this year. I think if i've been in the pool 10 times that is it.

I've spent most of the summer decorating my new place. I woke up this morning and there was certainly a chill in the air. My friend and I decided to go garage saling today and it was so much fun, really nice day. We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch then I came home and incorporated the things I bought.

I know winter was bad last year, hope it isn't quite that extreme again but I really love Fall and Winter.

a winter like last would be really hard to take. it was the coldest one I can remember. long too. I was getting depressed at the end.

I didn't know you had moved into a new place. that's always fun.

Sounds like a great way to spend time. Is the new place "home" yet?

This was taken on the beach where our shore house is. pretty wild. check out the video in the link.

Caught on Camera: Hammerhead Shark at Island Beach State Park | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Caught on Camera: Hammerhead Shark at Island Beach State Park

3-140814202946.jpeg
Would be nice to have a clear pic of the hammerhead shark. It's rare to see one. Good news is that most hammerheads are harmless to humans. In isolated cases where hammerheads have attacked humans, none of the attacks were fatal.

One way to attract the shark for a better picture would be to throw raw meat into the water. However just to play it safe, it's best to use a cage, just in case other sharks come by and engage in a feeding frenzy ... :D
I caught a 14' hammerhead right of the beach in florida.

a winter like last would be really hard to take. it was the coldest one I can remember. long too. I was getting depressed at the end.

I hear ya. It was bitter cold last winter. Got down to 28 one time.

Last edited:

I love it here. I moved June 1.

We did have an extreme winter but your's especially bad.

I wish I could say the same, we had a little shower the other evening, and the temp dropped to 75 degrees, but it didn't stay there long. The days are still very hot. I'm so looking forward to cooler weather since I haven't lost any plants this summer, but more of this hot weather and I won't be able to keep them all watered.

75 degrees!:eek::eek::eek:
How ever did you survive! It's been pleasantly in the mid-50s this week here.

"28" :lol: Vortex brought me a minus 5. Twice.

"28" :lol: Vortex brought me a minus 5. Twice.

Minus -20 or -40...not uncommon in winter here. Ya get used to it. Just dress in layers and plug your car in.

Forum List

Back