USMB Coffee Shop IV

You can still post pics in the same way....unfortunately in your pictures thread (or in Gracie's) they lose much of the impact as the screen size is reduced by roughly a 3rd so they can hammer you with more ads.

But remember....it's all to enhance you user experience. :)

I'm not getting an ads. You must not have Adblock.

But the x'd my "c" word in the same post where they left bitch in.

Obviously your c-word was on a list and bitch no longer was. The irony is my post said "moan, bitch, complain" -- I was using bitch the verb, not the noun. Stupid f#$%ing robots can't tell the difference.

(I did that...just to mock them)

Last edited:
Obviously your c-word was on a list and bitch no longer was. The irony is my post said "moan, bitch, complain" -- I was using bitch the verb, not the noun. Stupid f#$%ing robots can't tell the difference.

(I did that...)

Yeah, it seems kind of odd to have all that blank space on both sides of the board.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, Coffee Shoppers, and welcome to the first day on the new Planet of Zenforo-USMB. It's also a Tuesday, btw. (wink)

In honor of today, and considering that many of us maybe feel like aliens in our own "home", today's topic is "ALIENS DRINKING COFFEE!"

Alien no. 1 drinking coffee:

alien-needs-coffee.jpg

Here is our alien again, showing his chocolate side:

article-2390178-1B3DB9FB000005DC-523_634x423.jpg

So, the great Stat-Princess-Statalina vacation has come to an end. I just took the little one back to her mother and have business appointments starting in about 2 hours. From today through 08/31 is now crunch time for me - with lots of appointments to catch up on from the vacation and also two large projects. Every time I take her back from vacation, I am depressed, but with so much work this time, I have less time to feel depressed.

Wishing you all a fine Tuesday.

That seems to be the general consensus. But hey....at least they now get to fill up both the top of the screen and the right 3rd with constantly flashing revolving ads that never stop....so that makes it better....right? :)

Not seeing any ads at all because I am using Adblocker! :) When I turn it off I see the ads but when I turn it on they are gone again. :D Now when are they going to import the smilies? :eek:

Last edited:
So the front door lock gave up the ghost! :eek: My key just turned around and around and did nothing at all! Not good when you are on the outside trying to get back inside and everyone else is still asleep! :(

So after some jiggling and fiddling (and banging and cursing) I eventually managed to unlock the door. No point in just replacing the broken part(s) because we are talking builder's grade crap that is 20 years old now.

Went down to Lowes and looked at all of the options available. Eventually chose a more expensive Baldwin over the cheaper models and I am glad that we did because we don't have to get any new keys cut! :cool:

They have this "smart key" technology that enabled me to slide in this special tool and then using the supplied key and my original key it "learned" to use my original key. So the extra that we spent actually saved us the cost and hassle of buying and cutting new keys.

Now we just have to upgrade the kickplate, doorknocker and outside lamps to match the new door handle!

/sigh

What's the [OP] after my name just under my avie on some threads? Am I the only one who sees it?

No, I see it too. I think it means you're the OP for the thread. I kind of like that, knowing when you're talking to the OP without having to look it up.

Good morning fellow coffee drinkers! The first morning in a new home is always the hardest. That's when you realize how many things you can't find and you haven't had your coffee...

Good morning all. It was with some anxiety I logged in this morning knowing there would be the stress of adjusting to the new site. In answer to Spoonie, at the bottom of the post, below the sig line on the right hand side you will see a +quote option and a reply option. The +quote is to multi-quote posts and I don't know how to use that yet. The reply button will quote the post you want to quote just like the old system did.

As issues come up do visit C_K's debug and questions thread in Announcements where all of this is being officially discussed. I am confident once all the bugs are worked out, some additional functionality is added back in, and we get used to it, this is going to be okay. I am not missing the rep system. And at least we'll know who loves us for us and keeps showing up in the Coffee Shop and who just checked in to get rep. :)

But the sun is shining, it is pleasant outside, and the coffee is good inside. I'll have a medical taxi run with Aunt Betty later this morning and I plan to stop by and pick up that new keyboard I never got around to getting yesterday.

Forum List

Back