USMB Coffee Shop IV

perhaps it was the point of it.

Certainly revenue is an issue because when no one can log into USMB because of a Bad Gateway problem (as was occurring in the old version) and Foxy kept on having to move the CS then that would have a negative impact on revenue.

It would also have a negative impact on those who use USMB for whatever reason. If the system is flaky and unstable then posters will go elsewhere.

Yes, I would love to have the option of different skins so as not to dealing with the glaring white background but that is only a matter of time before CK and the admins can sort that out. In the meantime there are still things to learn. Overall I agree with Foxy that I am not missing rep one iota! :)

That says "Remove Formatting" on my box.

My spell checker does its underline thing automatically; I didn't have to set anything up. And as far as I know that's a function of your own browser, not the site's software.

@Pogo
I never said anything about the site's software.
I explained where I found my spell checker.
Mine says the same thing too Pogo when you put your mouse over it.
If I right click on mine it brings down a menu and down at the bottom I have spell checker.

Good Morning !

hBA72223C

Certainly revenue is an issue because when no one can log into USMB because of a Bad Gateway problem (as was occurring in the old version) and Foxy kept on having to move the CS then that would have a negative impact on revenue.

It would also have a negative impact on those who use USMB for whatever reason. If the system is flaky and unstable then posters will go elsewhere.

Yes, I would love to have the option of different skins so as not to dealing with the glaring white background but that is only a matter of time before CK and the admins can sort that out. In the meantime there are still things to learn. Overall I agree with Foxy that I am not missing rep one iota! :)

C_K is working on the skin issue and I'm pretty sure that will be remedied in the near future so we don't have to deal with the blinding white. I've found him to be open and receptive to legitimate complaints and accommodating when he can be, but nobody can make everybody happy about everything. At some point you just have to set the rule or standard or concept and that's it.

And since most folks aren't contributing members for whatever reason but I enjoy having them around, I don't mind the ads unless they interrupt what I'm doing or talk over what I'm trying to listen to. The ads make it possible for us to have a USMB.

@Pogo
I never said anything about the site's software.
I explained where I found my spell checker.
Mine says the same thing too Pogo when you put your mouse over it.
If I right click on mine it brings down a menu and down at the bottom I have spell checker.

The "T" icon you mention comes from the site's software, and its function is to remove formatting (the stuff inside brackets that tells it quote, indent, etc). That's what mine says, nothing about spell checking -- right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'", "Inspect Element (Q)" and "AdBlock Plus Block Image", the same thing it reads for all the other control icons.

The spell check feature is a function of your browser and would be in the browser settings. In Firefox (what I'm typing with) it's under "Options/Advanced/Browsing". The site software really can't spell check, since the site doesn't know what you're typing unitl you put it online. That's my understanding. :)

Last edited:
The "T" icon you mention comes from the site's software, and its function is to remove formatting (the stuff inside brackets that tells it quote, indent, etc). That's what mine says, nothing about spell checking -- right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'", "Inspect Element (Q)" and "AdBlock Plus Block Image", the same thing it reads for all the other control icons.

The spell check feature is a function of your browser and would be in the browser settings. In Firefox (what I'm typing with) it's under "Options/Advanced/Browsing". The site software really can't spell check, since the site doesn't know what you're typing unitl you put it online. That's my understanding. :)

I'm just saying that is where I found mine. That's all.

I like that. People are able to vent, but it doesn't show up....terrific! Won't create as much heartburn as actually seeing the word bitch printed out. I wonder if the took out the word ****, too?

Liar, liar, pants on fire.... I posted the word and it came out....

Am I the only one who's disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire?

Forum List

Back