USMB Coffee Shop IV

This... board... is... weird!

I see no way to go to "last post read," and when I reply to someone, it puts my reply on the first page when there's lots more pages after it.

What in the F is going on here?
after you post hit backspace twice. it takes you back to where you were

Sometimes you just have to work with it. When I first came to USMB, I thought the software was rather antiquated, but I liked the way it was run and members seemed friendlier, so I decided that it didn't matter, I would get used to using the older features. In other forums, one didn't have to copy links to pictures, I just copied the picture and then pasted it, and they didn't nest quotes to the extent they were done here..it was actually hard for me to get used to it, especially when I wanted to respond to comments in between and then the quotes would be accredited to the wrong person.....but eventually I was able to figure out exactly how to fix it....and it was easier. But, this system ran slower than other forums, so, now, I'm kinda enjoying that I don't have to wait patiently for an instruction to complete. This goes a lot faster.

All I can say is, use what you are able to, and play around with the other features until you figure them out....most forums are adopting newer software versions, so eventually you'll either have to quit altogether or learn them. :)

I see no way to go to "last post read," and when I reply to someone, it puts my reply on the first page when there's lots more pages after it.

I think when they upgraded they set everyone's last post read to July 21.....but once you've gone to that thread under the new software, the "go to first unread" to the right of the page numbers at the top of the page will actually take you to the last post you read in that thread. I haven't had the problem with my post going to the first page....maybe I haven't been paying attention.....:eek:

I'm not so sure I like this new format for USMB. I'm an old dog and it's not so easy for an old dog to learn new tricks. The old USMB was so much easier to use - or at least I think so. Haven't decided just yet as to what I will do. The choices are to (a) stay and get used to it. (b) Leave and not worry about it. (c) Have more coffee, scratch head, and keep saying "WTF"??? Seems like to me, everytime I nearly win the rat race, they get faster rats.

You will stay here and get use to it! No way are you going anywhere!

Sometimes I get so sick of turning up to work, only to find that NOTHING has been done. No matter how busy it is, if there are two of you working together, I expect that everything will be stocked up, and we will have enough product to cover us for the half an hour you spend on your break.

No such luck for me. Ever. Frustrating as heck.

I'm learning a little bit more each day. But, I must surrender to the sleep fairy. She threw some of that dust on me and I can hardly keep my eyes open....goodnight everyone....

th

The next thing I want is the UserCP button back. The watched threads is good for one look. But once you've looked, that thread goes away. I want some place to look for all my active threads like the old UserCp showed us whether or not I've looked at it recently.

So I come in tonight and there's no place to post a new post. ARRRRRGH!!! I used the reply button on Noomi's last post and deleted the quoted portion to post this, but sheesh what's next? Maybe tomorrow will be better???

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.
And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.
candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Good morning, everyone. Rainy Thursday, still dark, little breeze, cool. I imagine we will stay several more days over 90 in the next three weeks, then fall here will be on a role. Some of the foliage is turning colors. I have not been in the mountains for a few weeks, but I bet the color change is more advanced there Have a good day.

Why are you discontinuing it, Stat?

For a number of reasons, @Noomi . For one, it takes time to organize, think through and post those pic series and my business(es) are taking up more and more of my time.

I also noted less and less interest on the part of Coffee-Shoppers over those pics and so I decided that's it's time to stop. It has nothing to do with the switchover to the new forum format.

Oh, and some of the extremely nasty PMs I received over the last 8 months (plus some open postings on the baord) about something as innocous as coffee drinking pics is probably something I don't need in my "conversations" box anymore. I'll just leave it at that for now. :D Let peace and harmony reign eternal, amen.

Plus, elections are coming up and that means that I will be nestled down in the elections forum when I do have time.

Often, people see me posting in USMB alot in short, intensive spurts of maybe 15-30 minutes. What they don't realize is that I am multi-tasking and doing this just for fun alongside business operations that require computer, printer, telephone and FAX. USMB is not something that I sit exclusively at the computer for, not even late at night before I do to sleep. And this is often why I am officially listed as online, but away from my computer for hours on end. I just leave everything up and running for when I need to do work quickly.

I am sure someone else will be delighted to post a daily series of coffee drinking pics, but I for my part have contributed enough to the CS. Let the younguns have their turn!

I will simply read and enjoy the postings in the CS.

I'm not so sure I like this new format for USMB. I'm an old dog and it's not so easy for an old dog to learn new tricks. The old USMB was so much easier to use - or at least I think so. Haven't decided just yet as to what I will do. The choices are to (a) stay and get used to it. (b) Leave and not worry about it. (c) Have more coffee, scratch head, and keep saying "WTF"??? Seems like to me, everytime I nearly win the rat race, they get faster rats.

Know what ya mean, kinda the dilemma I find myself in. But I think in my case it's more I've busy and burned out so might be looking at taking a hiatus for a while anyway. Still don't like the format, can't put my finger on exactly why though. It's not like this format is hard to figure out, it's not, maybe I simply prefer the old v-bulletin layout better. :dunno:

Last edited:
About the only good part of this board is that rep is gone.

Saw this clock in a movie and had to have one, since I have a black and white cat. She'll come up and sit beside me and I'll talk to her, and she'll kinda roll her eyes back and forth like... "I sure wish I knew what the hell he was saying," LOL, so this clock is her. Have it on the wall right above my computer and I just love it... too cool...

Going to head out here in a bit to go visit Ma. She's doing much better but is still in a hospice. But I think she'll be in better shape than she's been in, in months by the time she leaves there. They have her riding a stationary bike, walking around the court outside, etc, doing physical therapy, and she's getting a good diet instead of eating her candy. If she stuck to what they're doing to help her, she'd probably be with us another 5 or 10 years.

I don't know but I DO miss the Quick Reply option at the bottom of an OP or post, so I guess I won't be placing any more quotes in Quote for the Day, OP. :( I WAS going to the first page of that OP and hitting Quick Reply and posting my daily quote. I began doing that when I was part of the staff and had little time to make posts. Now I have more time and I don't need that OP anymore. :thup: Cool how things work out when least expected. :D

How are you doing, baby??? :smiliehug:
Look at the bottom of the page, you will see, well, you but it looks like a post with no post in it, has "Write your reply" in it the box. That's this formats version of Quick Reply.

Forum List

Back