USMB Coffee Shop IV

This morning dawned rainy. The sound of the rain on the roof made a magnet out of my bed. Daisy the Mutt, after a grand day of sleeping, eating and then a walk in Thompson Park and a visit to my Mom's house where she enjoyed a few treats and a lot of attention, snuggled up hearing that rain pelt the roof. She knows that today will be a lazy day.

As we came into the park, a girls' tennis match between our home town Lady Potters and nearby rival Indian Creek was just breaking up. The Indian Creek Warriors were headed back to their bus. It was a whole heartbreak of high school aged girls. The way lions have prides and hyenas have covens and sheep have flocks, whenever there are six or more high school aged girls, there is a heartbreak of them. I coined that term, so credit me when you use it in the future.

Daisy performed her notorious "Stick 'em up! Bang!" trick to a chorus of "Aww!". Then she got her ears scratched by every girl in the heartbreak. But, there were still squirrels to chase back up into their trees (where they belong!). Chipmunks had to be hastened back into their little holes, other dogs had to be intimately sniffed and handstands had to be done to get all that pesky urine out of her body.

I found a snapshot of her at ten weeks and posted it as an avatar.

Nosmo, I can hardly wait for the next page of your story.....I feel like I'm reading a novel, keep it up....:)

(you should try writing a book, you'll do good!)

I turned them off except for when someone quotes me or tags me.
I have those turned off, too. The only thing I left turned ON was the ability to start a conversation with me. That also comes straight to my inbox in my email program. I've never subscribed to, or followed, threads, either. I am just bare-bones here or accessible. lol.

I don't read the quotes in the Quote for the Day, OP, and am used to just going to the first page of the OP and posting from there by hitting the Quick Reply option, but don't see that. It is much faster that way. I am sure there is a way. I just don't have the time today, to look for it...:D

I also am missing the Preview Post ( before submitting ) as once in a while, I like to use that. :dunno:

You still have the preview....you just have to hit "more options" - then there will be a preview box to click on.

Good morning everybody even though it is mostly gone even here in the Mountain zone. I have been kind of dragging the last few days and decided this morning to stay In bed until I wanted to get up so I did. Slept until I could not sleep any more. And what a difference that makes. I feel wonderful today.

But then I found myself not looking forward to logging into USMB so much this morning and sort of bracing for the new look. I know me well enough to know that getting used to using new stuff when we do the old stuff automatically without even thinking about it is always stressful whether it is learning to use a new microwave or new sewing machine or new message board or whatever. It is frustrating here because I want to be here while visiting other boards isn't so bad because I don't care whether I stay or not. But admin is hearing our concerns and complaints and is gradually bringing stuff on line, working out the bugs, and adding features we ask for and I expect that to continue.

So I hope we all gradually become comfortable with the new thing and it begins to be familiar and unstressful. I really don't want to lose what we have had here.

Oh well...more coffee and a Mama Fox ((hug)) to all and then I'm going to see if I can get my new keyboard to work.

Fun fact: I have never used either a sewing machine or a microwave. But I'm navigating this new format pretty much OK once figuring out where the controls are, so all's well.

Foxy, the red arrow just showed up on my screen a few minutes ago - did you get it?

That must be it! I was wondering what was wrong with you.......:p

maybe because i post on a lot of different forums with different formats the change isn't bothering me that much.

Same here. I can adjust to the change in the way the page LOOKS and can adjust to using different terms or different ways of doing things so long as things work as they should. But we have lost a lot of functionality that is very uncomfortable for me and that is what I hope to be restored. I am one of those folks who wants things to work and don't easily accept that I just have to settle for something that isn't satisfactory. But they're working on it, one issue at a time so I am the eternal optimist after all. :)

I think all the features we had and had become accustomed with the old skin are probably in this new software in an even better mode, we just have to find them, figure them out. I've already figured out quite a bit of stuff...still find myself rolling my eyes now and then....but, it's a lot faster than the old one.

Why are you discontinuing it, Stat?

For a number of reasons, @Noomi . For one, it takes time to organize, think through and post those pic series and my business(es) are taking up more and more of my time.

I also noted less and less interest on the part of Coffee-Shoppers over those pics and so I decided that's it's time to stop. It has nothing to do with the switchover to the new forum format.

Oh, and some of the extremely nasty PMs I received over the last 8 months (plus some open postings on the baord) about something as innocous as coffee drinking pics is probably something I don't need in my "conversations" box anymore. I'll just leave it at that for now. :D Let peace and harmony reign eternal, amen.

Plus, elections are coming up and that means that I will be nestled down in the elections forum when I do have time.

Often, people see me posting in USMB alot in short, intensive spurts of maybe 15-30 minutes. What they don't realize is that I am multi-tasking and doing this just for fun alongside business operations that require computer, printer, telephone and FAX. USMB is not something that I sit exclusively at the computer for, not even late at night before I do to sleep. And this is often why I am officially listed as online, but away from my computer for hours on end. I just leave everything up and running for when I need to do work quickly.

I am sure someone else will be delighted to post a daily series of coffee drinking pics, but I for my part have contributed enough to the CS. Let the younguns have their turn!

I will simply read and enjoy the postings in the CS.

I'm going to miss them...especially the funny ones. And those little "finger tips aliens" were so damn cute, I don't care that Foxy didn't like them.....:p

About the only good part of this board is that rep is gone.

Saw this clock in a movie and had to have one, since I have a black and white cat. She'll come up and sit beside me and I'll talk to her, and she'll kinda roll her eyes back and forth like... "I sure wish I knew what the hell he was saying," LOL, so this clock is her. Have it on the wall right above my computer and I just love it... too cool...

Going to head out here in a bit to go visit Ma. She's doing much better but is still in a hospice. But I think she'll be in better shape than she's been in, in months by the time she leaves there. They have her riding a stationary bike, walking around the court outside, etc, doing physical therapy, and she's getting a good diet instead of eating her candy. If she stuck to what they're doing to help her, she'd probably be with us another 5 or 10 years.

So glad to hear the good news about your mom, 007. I hope she continues to do well and does hang around for another 5 or 10 years or more. :)

Definitely found something I like, the Similar Threads at the bottom of the page...... Been taking a stroll down mammary lane...... Lots of threads/posts I forgot about including one of mine that was plucked out of the CS and placed in the Flame Zone........ :eusa_dance: :laugh:

Doesn't look good for the home team. Maybe a different picture. That one may have had link block on it.

coffee18.jpg

Lets see if this one works.

So, the drag and drop feature does work, you just have to be prudent with what image you use. Sensible....

Now, where is My coffee!!!!!

This... board... is... weird!

I see no way to go to "last post read," and when I reply to someone, it puts my reply on the first page when there's lots more pages after it.

What in the F is going on here?

I don't know but I DO miss the Quick Reply option at the bottom of an OP or post, so I guess I won't be placing any more quotes in Quote for the Day, OP. :( I WAS going to the first page of that OP and hitting Quick Reply and posting my daily quote. I began doing that when I was part of the staff and had little time to make posts. Now I have more time and I don't need that OP anymore. :thup: Cool how things work out when least expected. :D

How are you doing, baby??? :smiliehug:

And now, using the multi-quote function using 007 and AquaAthena as guinea pigs...and using the procedure I sent AquaAthena....

I won't even bother using the reply button but just insert them into the quick reply text box....

I think all the features we had and had become accustomed with the old skin are probably in this new software in an even better mode, we just have to find them, figure them out. I've already figured out quite a bit of stuff...still find myself rolling my eyes now and then....but, it's a lot faster than the old one.

The new board is much speedier - and pretty easy to learn. I've seen some comments that it is "facebook" like. I don't use FB, so have no idea how it's similar.

The only complaints I have are that the right side of the page for ads and bars is too wide. I'd rather have the thread content have full page width...and Pixie should get her animated Av back.

Forum List

Back