USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !

I am starting to get used to the new format. Been looking around and playing with the new things. :biggrin:

wednesday.gif

Good morning everybody even though it is mostly gone even here in the Mountain zone. I have been kind of dragging the last few days and decided this morning to stay In bed until I wanted to get up so I did. Slept until I could not sleep any more. And what a difference that makes. I feel wonderful today.

But then I found myself not looking forward to logging into USMB so much this morning and sort of bracing for the new look. I know me well enough to know that getting used to using new stuff when we do the old stuff automatically without even thinking about it is always stressful whether it is learning to use a new microwave or new sewing machine or new message board or whatever. It is frustrating here because I want to be here while visiting other boards isn't so bad because I don't care whether I stay or not. But admin is hearing our concerns and complaints and is gradually bringing stuff on line, working out the bugs, and adding features we ask for and I expect that to continue.

So I hope we all gradually become comfortable with the new thing and it begins to be familiar and unstressful. I really don't want to lose what we have had here.

Oh well...more coffee and a Mama Fox ((hug)) to all and then I'm going to see if I can get my new keyboard to work.

How are you feeling anyway, BBD? I believe you had something...what was it, Lyme disease or something?

Thank you for asking. I am feeling much better. I managed to get myself a case of Lyme disease. The antibiotics I have been taking seem to be working well and I seem to be recovering nicely. At times I get tired and don't seem to have any energy but I'm thankful that the painful part of this disease is apparently over with. I expect I will make a full recovery. Got about 10 more days of the antibiotics left which is a good thing because I plan on going on vacation in about two more weeks.
get your numbers checked again in about 6 months. make sure it doesn't start to return. i had that problem

Good morning everybody even though it is mostly gone even here in the Mountain zone. I have been kind of dragging the last few days and decided this morning to stay In bed until I wanted to get up so I did. Slept until I could not sleep any more. And what a difference that makes. I feel wonderful today.

But then I found myself not looking forward to logging into USMB so much this morning and sort of bracing for the new look. I know me well enough to know that getting used to using new stuff when we do the old stuff automatically without even thinking about it is always stressful whether it is learning to use a new microwave or new sewing machine or new message board or whatever. It is frustrating here because I want to be here while visiting other boards isn't so bad because I don't care whether I stay or not. But admin is hearing our concerns and complaints and is gradually bringing stuff on line, working out the bugs, and adding features we ask for and I expect that to continue.

So I hope we all gradually become comfortable with the new thing and it begins to be familiar and unstressful. I really don't want to lose what we have had here.

Oh well...more coffee and a Mama Fox ((hug)) to all and then I'm going to see if I can get my new keyboard to work.

Fun fact: I have never used either a sewing machine or a microwave. But I'm navigating this new format pretty much OK once figuring out where the controls are, so all's well.

Foxy, the red arrow just showed up on my screen a few minutes ago - did you get it?

Fun fact: I have never used either a sewing machine or a microwave. But I'm navigating this new format pretty much OK once figuring out where the controls are, so all's well.

Foxy, the red arrow just showed up on my screen a few minutes ago - did you get it?
Yup. That red arrow that takes you to the top of the page was an issue of vigorous discussion in the 'bugs' thread yesterday and that is one that admin obviously has fixed. Nice feature, especially if you have your page set to show a lot of posts on the page.

Now if they'll just fix the nested quotes issue I'll be a happy camper though there are some additional features available on this platform that I hope they'll get around to implementing when they can get to it. And that would pretty much put us back to a feeling of normalcy once we get accustomed to the new look.

maybe because i post on a lot of different forums with different formats the change isn't bothering me that much.

Same here. I can adjust to the change in the way the page LOOKS and can adjust to using different terms or different ways of doing things so long as things work as they should. But we have lost a lot of functionality that is very uncomfortable for me and that is what I hope to be restored. I am one of those folks who wants things to work and don't easily accept that I just have to settle for something that isn't satisfactory. But they're working on it, one issue at a time so I am the eternal optimist after all. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
But your post said: right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'",

So, I thought maybe you knew how to bookmark.

Just couldn't resist the urge.

The German word for bookmark is pretty much the same:

Lesezeichen

Lese, from "lesen" (to read)

Zeichen (sign, symbol).

A reading-sign!

:D

Okay we have nested quotes. At least for now--ElChorizo did warn us they could go away with the next upgrade but hopefully they can restore them later. But for now that is one less irritation with the new format. I'm giving them some time to catch their breath before nagging to deal with others. :)

Okay we have nested quotes. At least for now--ElChorizo did warn us they could go away with the next upgrade but hopefully they can restore them later. But for now that is one less irritation with the new format. I'm giving them some time to catch their breath before nagging to deal with others. :)

You're right, that is way better. It's hard to follow discussions without them.

On this day in history, who remembers using one of these?

10304636.jpg

After the invention of the telephone, there was a time when a line had to be provided, usually by the customer, to every phone you wanted to call from your phone to theirs. That is until three Swedish inventors living in Lindsborg KS (just south of where we used to live in Kansas) invented a switching system that would allow a phone to connect to up to 100 others. And that capability led to their desire to figure out... a way that the caller could connect to other phones instead of having to wait for an operator to be on duty or use a cumbersome and often faulty push button system. And by the mid 1890's they had developed the first dial telephone.

On August 20, 1896, they applied for a patent on their first working dial telephone that could connect to a 100 other phones and the rest, as they say, is history.

It's hard to imagine that every dial telephone now in use is an antique.

Forum List

Back