USMB Coffee Shop IV

This morning dawned rainy. The sound of the rain on the roof made a magnet out of my bed. Daisy the Mutt, after a grand day of sleeping, eating and then a walk in Thompson Park and a visit to my Mom's house where she enjoyed a few treats and a lot of attention, snuggled up hearing that rain pelt the roof. She knows that today will be a lazy day.

As we came into the park, a girls' tennis match between our home town Lady Potters and nearby rival Indian Creek was just breaking up. The Indian Creek Warriors were headed back to their bus. It was a whole heartbreak of high school aged girls. The way lions have prides and hyenas have covens and sheep have flocks, whenever there are six or more high school aged girls, there is a heartbreak of them. I coined that term, so credit me when you use it in the future.

Daisy performed her notorious "Stick 'em up! Bang!" trick to a chorus of "Aww!". Then she got her ears scratched by every girl in the heartbreak. But, there were still squirrels to chase back up into their trees (where they belong!). Chipmunks had to be hastened back into their little holes, other dogs had to be intimately sniffed and handstands had to be done to get all that pesky urine out of her body.

I found a snapshot of her at ten weeks and posted it as an avatar.

starting my countodown to vacation. two days to go. 5 days of work to get done in those two days but two days to go. Got my performance review yesterday. one of the best i've ever gotten. exceeded my personal goals target significantly. which translates into a nice bonus and nice salary increase. so all of this work has really paid off.

starting my countodown to vacation. two days to go. 5 days of work to get done in those two days but two days to go. Got my performance review yesterday. one of the best i've ever gotten. exceeded my personal goals target significantly. which translates into a nice bonus and nice salary increase. so all of this work has really paid off.
Yay!

Congrats. More money is always nice

:dunno: I've never bookmarked a post, but it wouldn't have anything to do with either removing formatting or with spell checking... There is a permalink in the post number, as there was before, if that helps?

But your post said: right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'",

So, I thought maybe you knew how to bookmark.

Have fun.....we're taking a vacation in early September. Be sure to take pictures and share...:)

i plan to. been so busy this summer my usual picture taking quata has dropped off significantly

I know what you mean. I'm one to forget to take pictures and only afterwards remember that "I should have taken some pictures"! I get caught up in the moment and completely forget it....but now with my Smart Phone I'm more apt to do it more often.

I turned them off except for when someone quotes me or tags me.
I have those turned off, too. The only thing I left turned ON was the ability to start a conversation with me. That also comes straight to my inbox in my email program. I've never subscribed to, or followed, threads, either. I am just bare-bones here or accessible. lol.

I don't read the quotes in the Quote for the Day, OP, and am used to just going to the first page of the OP and posting from there by hitting the Quick Reply option, but don't see that. It is much faster that way. I am sure there is a way. I just don't have the time today, to look for it...:D

I also am missing the Preview Post ( before submitting ) as once in a while, I like to use that. :dunno:

Mmmmmm....coffee

coffee.gif

How are you feeling anyway, BBD? I believe you had something...what was it, Lyme disease or something?

Thank you for asking. I am feeling much better. I managed to get myself a case of Lyme disease. The antibiotics I have been taking seem to be working well and I seem to be recovering nicely. At times I get tired and don't seem to have any energy but I'm thankful that the painful part of this disease is apparently over with. I expect I will make a full recovery. Got about 10 more days of the antibiotics left which is a good thing because I plan on going on vacation in about two more weeks.

Hey folks. Been kinda busy. So this is the new format, eh? So far I pretty much hate it. Not the first time I've seen this (or similar) formats, refused to even sign up with those message boards.

I have those turned off, too. The only thing I left turned ON was the ability to start a conversation with me. That also comes straight to my inbox in my email program. I've never subscribed to, or followed, threads, either. I am just bare-bones here or accessible. lol.

I don't read the quotes in the Quote for the Day, OP, and am used to just going to the first page of the OP and posting from there by hitting the Quick Reply option, but don't see that. It is much faster that way. I am sure there is a way. I just don't have the time today, to look for it...:D

I also am missing the Preview Post ( before submitting ) as once in a while, I like to use that. :dunno:

Apparently it's an extra step now. You have to click "more options" and wait for another screen to pop up.

But your post said: right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'",

So, I thought maybe you knew how to bookmark.

That's just what the drop-down list offers automatically because it doesn't know any better. Just reading what it says, not recommending it. You would end up bookmarking the 'remove formatting' command.

Good morning folks. Hope everyone is adapting to all the changes. Remember....change is always good.....although some would say hope and change is even better. :wink_2:

Be safe...and always enjoy your coffee.

stencil_funny_humor_life_people_coffee_work_job_11_5_x_4_5_inches_af6caf2d.jpg

Forum List

Back