USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I've stubbed my toe on a few things after the were moved or adjusted. I think I've got a handle on the way this new stuff works, but I could be lying.

This is the time of year dominated by Back to School ads and pennant races. I'm gearing up for morning adventures in backing out of my drive way. The high school and an elementary school are within sight of my kitchen and the traffic at the base of my driveway grows exponentially in late August. Kids thrilled with experiencing high school will be zooming past my house. Cellular telephones pressed to their ear or in their hands as they text one another about the new school year makes for interesting traffic situations.

In June I called the city Street Department about a catch basin that has been filled to the brim with gravel from the past three winters. The Street Department said they would 'put in a work order' on it. July passed and we're deep into August and today I saw a stalk of corn sprouting from the catch basin. Soon, fleets of school busses will grind the gravel into the relatively new pavement. After enduring close to a year with construction on that street, it seems a pity to ruin the asphalt by 'sanding' it with the abrasive gravel under the increased traffic flow.

I stopped in at the Street Department headquarters today to gently remind them of the useless catch basin. Their building should have been condemned back during the Reagan Administration. The floors were busted up, the roof over the garage was nothing but holes and the embossed tin ceilings were sagging and rusted. Is it any wonder our city streets look as if they have been targets for mortar practice?

If you click on your avi and you get the Pop Up you will see that your Trophy Points "73" is highlighted. Click on that and then you will see something like this;

That adds up to 73 and I am guessing you have the same amount of trophies to get a similar count. Given that they all have the exact same date/time stamp I am guessing that they were "auto awarded" by USMB based on whatever we had in the old system. For noobs it will be another story.

Back from my medical taxi run with Aunt Betty and need to start dinner in a few. But okay, if those points were auto-awarded, then I object to those who have been here a shorter time and have fewer posts having twice the reward points LOL. (As if anybody is really gonna care?????)

The "T" icon you mention comes from the site's software, and its function is to remove formatting (the stuff inside brackets that tells it quote, indent, etc). That's what mine says, nothing about spell checking -- right click only gives "Bookmark this link", "Copy link Location", "Search Google for 'Remove Formatting'", "Inspect Element (Q)" and "AdBlock Plus Block Image", the same thing it reads for all the other control icons.

The spell check feature is a function of your browser and would be in the browser settings. In Firefox (what I'm typing with) it's under "Options/Advanced/Browsing". The site software really can't spell check, since the site doesn't know what you're typing unitl you put it online. That's my understanding. :)

I'm trying to figure out how to Bookmark....but when I right click on the "T" icon, I get this:

Copy Link

Block this ad
Block an Ad on this Page
Convert Selected Simplified Chinese Text

So, how you do bookmark a post, since the "T" only appears when you are responding to a post? :confused:

Good News. Finally got the results of the biopsy, it's negative. I've never been so happy to have an infection in my life.

That brought tears to my eyes Sheila and I count it as answered prayer with a lot of positive vibes thrown in for good measure. Just simply awesome news.
smiley-dance001.gif
smiley-dance001.gif
smiley-dance001.gif
smiley-dance001.gif

I'm trying to figure out how to Bookmark....but when I right click on the "T" icon, I get this:

Copy Link

Block this ad
Block an Ad on this Page
Convert Selected Simplified Chinese Text

So, how you do bookmark a post, since the "T" only appears when you are responding to a post? :confused:

:dunno: I've never bookmarked a post, but it wouldn't have anything to do with either removing formatting or with spell checking... There is a permalink in the post number, as there was before, if that helps?

Forum List

Back