USMB Coffee Shop IV

Also, I'm thinking they fixed that annoying nested quote problem overnight. Seems like it is now working as we wanted it with only a few quotes shown for context purposes but links to the whole thing? If I'm reading that right, I think that will do it for us.

Also, I'm thinking they fixed that annoying nested quote problem overnight. Seems like it is now working as we wanted it with only a few quotes shown for context purposes but links to the whole thing? If I'm reading that right, I think that will do it for us.

Can you point us to where this is indicated?
The Nest Test is still a mess o' nest.

Can you point us to where this is indicated?
The Nest Test is still a mess o' nest.

I didn't check there, but I was just looking at some of the examples used in the debug thread. I could just be imagining things.

Just wanted to pop in and tell everybody "Good Bye". I need to take a break from USMB for a while. Going to get involved in some other things and won't have much time to post. Now and then I may stop by for a quick cup of coffee and to see what's going on but it won't be too often. I wish all of you the very best and I hope life is kind to you all. Good Bye.

BBD, wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope you are happy doing it. I am grateful for all the moments that I read your posts and smiled, and I will miss the loving memories that you have often stirred of my amazing Grandpa. I will always think of you fondly.:smiliehug:

And for today's history lesson. . . .
Once you take out all the war and political stuff, it seems like the most interesting thing that happened on an August 23 was that in 1904 the automobile tire chain was patented.

Harold D. Weed of Canastota NY was working for a machine shop when he observed local people wrapping ropes around their tires to give them better traction on the unpaved muddy roads. That inspired a set of permanent chains that could be quickly installed on tires and would work as well on snow and ice as they did in mud. (Quickly was relative of course for that time.) The original chains required the motorist to partly deflate the tire so the continuous chain could be placed around it and then pump it back up to secure the chain around the tire. Since everybody carried a hand pump to inflate tires in those days, that was no problem.

Chains of course have improved and evolved over the decades, but in the modern era of super grip tires and four-wheel/all-wheel drive, I bet some of you have never owned or used them. They are still required on certain roads in icy weather in some parts of the U.S. and Canada however, and in some cities in which you are fined if you get stuck and block traffic on icy streets.

stock-photo-close-up-of-off-road-car-tire-with-chain-on-it-110459693.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and tell everybody "Good Bye". I need to take a break from USMB for a while. Going to get involved in some other things and won't have much time to post. Now and then I may stop by for a quick cup of coffee and to see what's going on but it won't be too often. I wish all of you the very best and I hope life is kind to you all. Good Bye.

Safe travels, BBD!

Well I hope you're taking a break only for vacation. Doesn't take much time to pop in and say Hi in the Coffee Shop. I don't do a whole lot more than that these days.

I do understand everybody's frustrations. I really do. I also sort of dread logging in now instead of looking forward to it as I always did before--the new format is running smooth as silk for me and I like that a lot, but I too hate losing so many of the nice features and intuitive functionality and getting used to a new thing is not much fun. I too dislike the lack of contrast that has diminished readability and nested quotes that were practical and useful--that may or may not be possible with this software. So even though I understand the decision to change as the old system was breaking down, I'm not enjoying it a whole lot.

But something I would hate much much more than this change would be losing contact with all of you great people. You are worth every bit of the frustration and I'll be checking in every day just as long as you guys will stick with it. Blood is thicker than software or some such as that. And I also hope for the day that this all seems normal and natural and as it should be again. I really do love you guys.

Not everyone adapts to change at the same pace. There are trade offs between the current board software and the old. Given CK's info that the change was done for security reasons, I trust we are better off on this one.

I really don't want to be on a board with security holes that compromise my computer and my privacy.

Me neither.

And for a generic piece of history, could our resident teachers go for this? :)

10489793_524466604347315_8210048110455227230_n.jpg

Ice cream stores...is that where the naughty people use to hang out??

girls-loves-ice-cream-10.jpg

:thup:

Back in 1915 they were pushing Coca Cola in ice cream stores!

In those days it was still made with cocaine! :eek:

So you would get a buzz on while sipping a soda and licking your cone! :D

6a00d8345250f069e20120a6a7dbcf970b-550wi

These girls certainly aren't loitering...

sexy-animated-gif-stairs-ice-cream.gif
But I bet they aren't teachers either.

Even teachers have to use the stairs.:D

Actually I did have an English teacher like that when I was in HS. All the guys were salivating over her (including me). She lived with her parents about 4 blocks from my parents home. She used to give me rides home after school. :)

That would never happen today!

As for the 'nested quotes' issues. I am hoping admin will figure out a fix for that. The site where I met MMC doesn't have nested quotes either and I find it extremely annoying and frustrating there too because you lose context almost immediately on a fast moving thread. But that board thrives and is very active despite that particular issue. And this one will too.
Just logged on for a few minutes and it appears as if the pages have gone back to stark white??? I hope that's not the case.

Forum List

Back