USMB Coffee Shop IV

Let us all support no pun intended this great day.:biggrin:
no-bra-day.jpeg

I marked in on my calendar. :D

I celebrated that today! ;D

And men of the world rejoice for you.

Greetings People of that Strange Brew. Hope All is Well for each of you.
yo2.gif

saturday-coffee.jpg

Its a muggy day in the Chicagoland Area.....which we are headed for more rain later tonight and tomorrow. The other night it came down in buckets. There was so much water on the highway.....everybody was sliding like they were on ice. Even Semi's had to slow down and had on their Hazards. Couldn't even do 65 or 70 with all the water coming down.
So today around here.....its not like Saturday in the Park. Thinking it was the 4th of July. More like.....Who Will Stop The Rain.

Oh and while I'm at it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @MMC who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome and hope you find a happy home here at USMB and a refuge from the sometimes craziness out there by joining us here in the Coffee Shop for some tea and comraderie and whatever warms your soul. :)

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

th

Mornin' Foxfyre.
hat.gif
Thanks for the Welcome. Like I had mention earlier. Its been awhile since I have stopped on in here. I think the last time was when Connery was on Staff and this was under V Bulletin. I hit up some music threads here since there were people into Music. At all times of the day and night.

102393.gif

th

to all my coffee drinking friends, and to those that don't drink coffee, too. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I'm entertaining company today, so I'll probably be a no-show for most of the day, but I'll be back!

I stumbled across this today and it is awesome in my opinion.

The only Opera single to make it into the Top 10 Pop Hits.

Just wanted to pop in and tell everybody "Good Bye". I need to take a break from USMB for a while. Going to get involved in some other things and won't have much time to post. Now and then I may stop by for a quick cup of coffee and to see what's going on but it won't be too often. I wish all of you the very best and I hope life is kind to you all. Good Bye.

I'm thinking seriously about going up and take myself a very long, hot, relaxing shower. Might even wash behind both ears... Don't know why but Taco smells like the south end of a north-bound mule. I may just take him with me.
:rofl: Yes, scrub up my Taco. I am hoping have him for the weekend...

Just wanted to pop in and tell everybody "Good Bye". I need to take a break from USMB for a while. Going to get involved in some other things and won't have much time to post. Now and then I may stop by for a quick cup of coffee and to see what's going on but it won't be too often. I wish all of you the very best and I hope life is kind to you all. Good Bye.
:( I will so miss you, BBD. But me thinks many of us are going to be doing the same thing. I like to look for your posts when I AM here. So many fine posters, missing.

Oh and while I'm at it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @MMC who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome and hope you find a happy home here at USMB and a refuge from the sometimes craziness out there by joining us here in the Coffee Shop for some tea and comraderie and whatever warms your soul. :)

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

th

Mornin' Foxfyre.
hat.gif
Thanks for the Welcome. Like I had mention earlier. Its been awhile since I have stopped on in here. I think the last time was when Connery was on Staff and this was under V Bulletin. I hit up some music threads here since there were people into Music. At all times of the day and night.

102393.gif

So again welcome @MMC. Everybody MMC is a friend from another site that was one of my earlier friends there. One of the good guys. (Did a bit of sleuthing to make sure it was the same MMC :)) So happy you're stopping in here again though I understand that is your board 'home' as such. Oh, and that was one of my very favorite Creedence Clearwater songs and they were one of my favorite bands from that era.

Well I hope you're taking a break only for vacation. Doesn't take much time to pop in and say Hi in the Coffee Shop. I don't do a whole lot more than that these days.

I do understand everybody's frustrations. I really do. I also sort of dread logging in now instead of looking forward to it as I always did before--the new format is running smooth as silk for me and I like that a lot, but I too hate losing so many of the nice features and intuitive functionality and getting used to a new thing is not much fun. I too dislike the lack of contrast that has diminished readability and nested quotes that were practical and useful--that may or may not be possible with this software. So even though I understand the decision to change as the old system was breaking down, I'm not enjoying it a whole lot.

But something I would hate much much more than this change would be losing contact with all of you great people. You are worth every bit of the frustration and I'll be checking in every day just as long as you guys will stick with it. Blood is thicker than software or some such as that. And I also hope for the day that this all seems normal and natural and as it should be again. I really do love you guys.

As for the 'nested quotes' issues. I am hoping admin will figure out a fix for that. The site where I met MMC doesn't have nested quotes either and I find it extremely annoying and frustrating there too because you lose context almost immediately on a fast moving thread. But that board thrives and is very active despite that particular issue. And this one will too.

Just thought I would take a few minutes to pop in and say hi.....been busy all morning. Also want to say "Welcome" to MMC to the Coffee Shop. It's a nice place to chat and find out interesting things. Being Saturday, most, I'm sure are busy with family.....and that's great. See ya, when I see ya!

th

Well I hope you're taking a break only for vacation. Doesn't take much time to pop in and say Hi in the Coffee Shop. I don't do a whole lot more than that these days.

I do understand everybody's frustrations. I really do. I also sort of dread logging in now instead of looking forward to it as I always did before--the new format is running smooth as silk for me and I like that a lot, but I too hate losing so many of the nice features and intuitive functionality and getting used to a new thing is not much fun. I too dislike the lack of contrast that has diminished readability and nested quotes that were practical and useful--that may or may not be possible with this software. So even though I understand the decision to change as the old system was breaking down, I'm not enjoying it a whole lot.

But something I would hate much much more than this change would be losing contact with all of you great people. You are worth every bit of the frustration and I'll be checking in every day just as long as you guys will stick with it. Blood is thicker than software or some such as that. And I also hope for the day that this all seems normal and natural and as it should be again. I really do love you guys.

Not everyone adapts to change at the same pace. There are trade offs between the current board software and the old. Given CK's info that the change was done for security reasons, I trust we are better off on this one.

I really don't want to be on a board with security holes that compromise my computer and my privacy.

Forum List

Back