USMB Coffee Shop IV

:itsok:
Nosmo King mentioned some really good things - especially football - but he failed to mention the Washington Redskins who form the modern day backbone of professional football - and he failed to mention the Green Bay Packers who are the second best team in pro football. How can such an intelligent man forget to mention these two teams? I think he may have forgotten. Things taken for granted are often overlooked...
With Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt, West Virginia, a whole host of high school programs AND the Six Time Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers, there just is not room to acknowledge the other little teams out there.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

And for today's history lesson:

Saint Columba was an Irish abbot and missionary credited with spreading Christianity in present-day Scotland. He is remembered as a Christian saint and one of the "Twelve Apostles of Ireland." But the reason he factors into our daily history lesson is not for his religious activities or his contributions to Scotland, Ireland, and the Roman Catholic Church. On this day in history, August 22, 565 A.D., Columba reported seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland. And one of the world's best known legends and mythology and mysteries was born. In a survey in 2006, 'Nessie' was named the world's most well known and famous Scot.

Anybody ever seen 'Nessie'? Do you believe he/she/it exists?

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg

it was nice to not have to wake up before 5 am this morning. slept in until 7. I have to laugh, I checked my work emails about 10. I saw people would send me an email, get my out of work and not available until Sept 3rd message. so two minutes later they leave me a voice mail saying the same thing they said in the email. like they expect me to be there?

Saint Columba was an Irish abbot and missionary credited with spreading Christianity in present-day Scotland. He is remembered as a Christian saint and one of the "Twelve Apostles of Ireland." But the reason he factors into our daily history lesson is not for his religious activities or his contributions to Scotland, Ireland, and the Roman Catholic Church. On this day in history, August 22, 565 A.D., Columba reported seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland. And one of the world's best known legends and mythology and mysteries was born. In a survey in 2006, 'Nessie' was named the world's most well known and famous Scot.

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg
You know, the Scots invented everything on Earth, except cuisine. But it took an Irishman to invent the Loch Ness monster?!?

That's more than a little disconcerting.

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg
You know, the Scots invented everything on Earth, except cuisine. But it took an Irishman to invent the Loch Ness monster?!?

LOL, I hadn't thought about that. But think about it. Columba reported the sighting 1,449 years ago. That monster must have some major whiskers on it by now. :)

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg

LOL, I hadn't thought about that. But think about it. Columba reported the sighting 1,449 years ago. That monster must have some major whiskers on it by now. :)
There must be more Loch Ness monsters around so little Loch Ness monsters can be born. Or the trees on the bonnie banks of Loch Ness grow in peculiar ways so their fallen trunks float in the image of a monster.

Either way, the good people of Loch Ness have been making a tidy profit from their cottage industry that promotes Nessie.

Well thanks. We're happy to help when we can but I am always amazed at all the sometimes really odd situations we find ourselves sometimes. :)

IOW, we're transformed from Friends into Stalkers.

;)

That will mean that about a third of my stalkers can't actually stalk me since they've been banned.:D

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg

Reminds of this old joke;

There are four kinds of people in the UK :

i. First, there were the Scots who kept the Sabbath - and everything else they could lay their hands on;
ii. Then there were the Welsh - who prayed on their knees and their neighbours;
iii. Thirdly there were the Irish who never knew what they wanted - but were willing to fight for it anyway.
iv. Lastly there were the English who considered themselves self-made men, thus relieving the Almighty of a terrible responsibility.​

Is anybody else having problems with quoted messages? The more the quote the worse they get, to the point that there is one letter per line, and then none. It sure does make it hard to read.

Is anybody else having problems with quoted messages? The more the quote the worse they get, to the point that there is one letter per line, and then none. It sure does make it hard to read.

Oh boy!

Please do me a favor and provide a link to the post where that is happening and post it in the;
"[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread"

That way CK can see for himself what happens when there are unlimited nested quotes.

Thank you.

This one is for @Pogo. The vehicle is a French vehicle built for people without licenses that just won Worst of Show at the Concours d'LeMons.

da234db0-2940-11e4-b2b9-4bc847c4d840__D7A7853.jpg

"The Acoma Mini Comtesse is the quintessential Lemons champion — dangerous, slow and deeply troubling."

Oh boy!

Please do me a favor and provide a link to the post where that is happening and post it in the;

That way CK can see for himself what happens when there are unlimited nested quotes.

Thank you.

I am going to guess with some of the limitations with this software, we are lucky to have nested quotes at all, and we're going to have to do our own editing by deleting the top tier of quotes off the quoted material leaving only the quoted material necessary for context. It was unbearable for me not having the nested quotes in fast running threads because you lose context really quickly.

Just finished up a nice drive. Went up the Highway of Legends, west out of Trinidad up to Cucharas Pass (in between the Spanish Peaks and the Sangre de Cristos) then on the 4 wheel drive road up to Cordova Pass just southwest of the western Spanish Peak. Followed that back down to Aquilar right off of I 25 then back home. Gorgeous area, heavily wooded with lots of streams. Very cloudy with clouds hanging off the mountains and then started to rain on the way down, thankfully not heavily. Hit heavy rain on I 25 and just after we got home.

Stonewall at the top of Purgatoire Valley

sw_stonewall01.jpg

Cucharas Pass (Farley Overlook)

farleyoverlook01.jpg

Just above Cordova Pass

John153.jpg

The Apishapa Arch. On the way down to Aquilar

cp_arch01.jpg

Loch_Ness_Monster.jpg

I repped that!!!!

Oh boy!

Thank you.

I am going to guess with some of the limitations with this software, we are lucky to have nested quotes at all, and we're going to have to do our own editing by deleting the top tier of quotes off the quoted material leaving only the quoted material necessary for context. It was unbearable for me not having the nested quotes in fast running threads because you lose context really quickly.

Here's what it looks like when people don't lop off unnecessary layers -- although to be fair it's maybe just as much work lopping them off as it is to have to manually nest 'em. This one goes back seventeen layers.

I opined in that Bugs thread that leaving it to the poster was the way it should be. I'm starting to wonder if that's wise and if some auto-limit should not be set after all..

This one is for @Pogo. The vehicle is a French vehicle built for people without licenses that just won Worst of Show at the Concours d'LeMons.

da234db0-2940-11e4-b2b9-4bc847c4d840__D7A7853.jpg

"The Acoma Mini Comtesse is the quintessential Lemons champion — dangerous, slow and deeply troubling."

Let's see if this here drag-n-drop thang works... nope, didn't work... gonna try to attach a photo..

Attachments

• 2001 Corbin Sparrow.jpg
    2001 Corbin Sparrow.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 359
I'm thinking seriously about going up and take myself a very long, hot, relaxing shower. Might even wash behind both ears... Don't know why but Taco smells like the south end of a north-bound mule. I may just take him with me.

Forum List

Back