USMB Coffee Shop IV

Do any of my coffee-mates know how to find current members online? In the previous format one could click on the option at the top of the page, Active Members, and go to the bottom of page and everyone online, at that time, would be visible.
On the home page, scroll down about half way on the right

Do any of my coffee-mates know how to find current members online? In the previous format one could click on the option at the top of the page, Active Members, and go to the bottom of page and everyone online, at that time, would be visible.

Yes that's the only way I know too and it is one of the less appealing features of the new system for me--just not feasible to hover over all the avatars trying to figure out who is here--takes too long and is just not user friendly. I want the whole pack with user names all together on the home page like we used to have and it was helpful knowing who was active on a particular thread too. And I'm REALLY missing having the birthdays listed every day. I need each of you to not be shy and let us know when it is your birthday or other special occasions, okay?

Oh and good morning everybody. :)

Later this morning we'll go to a nursing home/rehab center nearby and bail out a brother of a friend. We've never met the brother but agreed to go get him--he's being discharged from the facility this morning--and take him to the airport where he will board a plane to Dallas where the friend will pick him up. I sometimes wonder how we get into these kinds of things but we seem to do so an awful lot. LOL

Just came from there, after finding it. One has to click on Forums at the top and it takes one there and as you said, to the right and about halfway down. I am confused though as I don't follow anyone, yet it shows I am following 4 members. :dunno: Also didn't notice PC there, but she may be on invisible.

So much to learn; so little time. Thanks R.D.

Oh and while I'm at it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @MMC who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome and hope you find a happy home here at USMB and a refuge from the sometimes craziness out there by joining us here in the Coffee Shop for some tea and comraderie and whatever warms your soul. :)

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

th

• Thanks
Reactions: MMC

Later this morning we'll go to a nursing home/rehab center nearby and bail out a brother of a friend. We've never met the brother but agreed to go get him--he's being discharged from the facility this morning--and take him to the airport where he will board a plane to Dallas where the friend will pick him up. I sometimes wonder how we get into these kinds of things but we seem to do so an awful lot. LOL
The knowledge of your charitable nature spread like wildfire. What great citizens you and Hombre, are, foxy-fyre...lol.

The knowledge of your charitable nature spread like wildfire. What great citizens you and Hombre, are, foxy-fyre...lol.

Well thanks. We're happy to help when we can but I am always amazed at all the sometimes really odd situations we find ourselves sometimes. :)

I don't do airport runs, as a rule, but I take in strays.
Currently on my 4th formerly homeless tenant in the guest cottage. Some do pay me $50/week when they can. This one mows the lawn and occasionally cleans up the kitchen.

Just came from there, after finding it. One has to click on Forums at the top and it takes one there and as you said, to the right and about halfway down. I am confused though as I don't follow anyone, yet it shows I am following 4 members. :dunno: Also didn't notice PC there, but she may be on invisible.

That made me curious I'm pretty certain we follow who we "friended" on the old fomat.

Anybody you befriended on the old board are people you now 'follow'. We can no longer befriend people now though--we can only 'follow' them.

I don't do airport runs, as a rule, but I take in strays.
Currently on my 4th formerly homeless tenant in the guest cottage. Some do pay me $50/week when they can. This one mows the lawn and occasionally cleans up the kitchen.

I do do airport runs. It's a nice bit of hospitality for visitors and a helping hand for friends and family.

Good morning, everybody. Counting down the days until vacation. Next Thursday I shall begin to get the RV packed and ready to hit the road. Plan on leaving the morning of Sept. 2nd. The first planned stop was going to be Hershey, PA but Mrs. BBD wants to go to Gettysburg, PA again. We've both been there many times - especially me because I used to live in Frederick, MD, but I haven't been there in over 20 years. I still have an old Navy buddy who lives in Gettysburg so I might give him a shout. So, it looks like the first stop will be Gettysburg, then Hershey, and then into the Old Lyme area - that is if I survive the traffic around New York.

Anybody you befriended on the old board are people you now 'follow'. We can no longer befriend people now though--we can only 'follow' them.
Gads....thanks sweetheart. Love ya!

Well, we're now left with only one month of official summer. This time next month we will experience the autumnal equinox and the 'official' start of Fall. But doesn't Fall start the Tuesday after Labor Day?

We have all ranges and abilities of football starting up. I don't know how football is received in your community, but here in the upper Ohio River valley, football is as much of a cultural benchmark as Christmas is in other parts. We have Big Ten programs to cheer, the fabulous and amazing Pittsburgh Steelers to root for, colleges scattered all around the hills and valleys to support and of course high school teams playing as if it is really fun and not a profession.

Back to school sales are everywhere this time of year. I saw Halloween candy for sale at the grocery store. How much of that candy bought in late August will still be around to pass out to kids on the last day of October?

That same grocery store had magazines on the racks in front of the cashier's stations with Christmas decorating tips featured on the cover. A harbinger of things yet to come. Already inquiries about store lay-away plans have been made. Some folks are either anticipating the coming holidays, or dreading them.

Come on months that end in "ber"! Come on with that acceleration of time that they always give us! Labor Day fades quickly into Halloween (the second most popular holiday for home decorations). Halloween does it's bit setting up Thanksgiving, a holiday that now does not require its own celebrations but serves only to usher us into Christmas. And as soon as those Christmas activities reach their unique orgiastic climax, we are stuck in the doldrums of winter.

So, buy some loose leaf paper, grill a wiener for Labor Day, strap on the football gear and lay-away some gifts because it's time for all that to happen once again.

Well thanks. We're happy to help when we can but I am always amazed at all the sometimes really odd situations we find ourselves sometimes. :)

IOW, we're transformed from Friends into Stalkers.

;)

Yeah that's reeeeally creepy. "Followers" to me are what somebody who thinks they're God seeks out. Which also says a lot about our narcissistic society. One thing I've never wanted to be in any definition is a "follower".

Nosmo King mentioned some really good things - especially football - but he failed to mention the Washington Redskins who form the modern day backbone of professional football - and he failed to mention the Green Bay Packers who are the second best team in pro football. How can such an intelligent man forget to mention these two teams? I think he may have forgotten. Things taken for granted are often overlooked...

I have been the President of the Bitch About the Weather Club for several years now. I am willing to step down and let another person take over this very important position if they have a desire to serve in this post. Just say the word and the position is yours. However, you must assume this position with a true dislike of anything that appears to be snow or a heavy frost.

Forum List

Back