USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK... so I don't know how to insert a photo now... :-(

Super simple...click in the reply box at the bottom of the page so it highlights all of the tools. Select the image icon, to the right of the smilies icon. Paste the url, select insert, and then click on post reply tab.
hot-guys-and-cat-versions-of-them-1.jpg

AA....consider this one a freebie. :)

trivago_guy.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Super simple...click in the reply box at the bottom of the page so it highlights all of the tools. Select the image icon, to the right of the smilies icon. Paste the url, select insert, and then click on post reply tab.

I will forever love you for that....OMG....my Harrison Ford look-a-like heartthrob with the sexy voice, eyes, and style. OMG...:thanks: WQ...:woohoo:

china-s-last-foot-binding-survivors.html
So you want to make a fashion statement? seriously, someone needs to spring for a razor

3-110814160255-21320163.jpeg

Ballet boots?? :eusa_eh:

Pretty-pink-ballet-boots.jpg
Rural China Style

Foot binding, the cruel practice of mutilating the feet of young girls, was once pervasive in turn-of-the-century China, where it was seen as a sign of wealth and marriage eligibility. For a millennium—from the 10th to 20th centuries—the practice flourished on and off, deeply ingrained in Chinese society. Even after it was outlawed in 1912, many women continued to clandestinely bind their daughters’ feet, believing it would make them more attractive to suitors.

china-s-last-foot-binding-survivors.html
So you want to make a fashion statement? seriously, someone needs to spring for a razor

3-110814160255-21320163.jpeg

Ballet boots?? :eusa_eh:

Pretty-pink-ballet-boots.jpg
Rural China Style

Foot binding, the cruel practice of mutilating the feet of young girls, was once pervasive in turn-of-the-century China, where it was seen as a sign of wealth and marriage eligibility. For a millennium—from the 10th to 20th centuries—the practice flourished on and off, deeply ingrained in Chinese society. Even after it was outlawed in 1912, many women continued to clandestinely bind their daughters’ feet, believing it would make them more attractive to suitors.
foot-binding-china.png

That is just awful. They thought teeny tiny feet extremely sexy. Google them without shoes. Have a barf bag handy.

They aren't a joke. I saw them on a modeling show some time back. They expected the model to really walk the runway with them and NOT fall. She fell.

They aren't a joke. I saw them on a modeling show some time back. They expected the model to really walk the runway with them and NOT fall. She fell.

Reminds me of Harrison's "The Binding Chair".

Well she deserved to fall, but they have nothing to do with some barbaric practice regarding foot binding.

Well she deserved to fall, but they have nothing to do with some barbaric practice regarding foot binding.
It's probably on par with the neck stretching thing done in Africa..or the lip thing where they have those huge discs in them.

It's probably on par with the neck stretching thing done in Africa..or the lip thing where they have those huge discs in them.

As someone who is very fond of earlobes, I get the willies when I see the younger generation like this...

134693361_c94f2310f7.jpg

Why are you discontinuing it, Stat?

For a number of reasons, @Noomi . For one, it takes time to organize, think through and post those pic series and my business(es) are taking up more and more of my time.

I also noted less and less interest on the part of Coffee-Shoppers over those pics and so I decided that's it's time to stop. It has nothing to do with the switchover to the new forum format.

Oh, and some of the extremely nasty PMs I received over the last 8 months (plus some open postings on the baord) about something as innocous as coffee drinking pics is probably something I don't need in my "conversations" box anymore. I'll just leave it at that for now. :D Let peace and harmony reign eternal, amen.

Plus, elections are coming up and that means that I will be nestled down in the elections forum when I do have time.

Often, people see me posting in USMB alot in short, intensive spurts of maybe 15-30 minutes. What they don't realize is that I am multi-tasking and doing this just for fun alongside business operations that require computer, printer, telephone and FAX. USMB is not something that I sit exclusively at the computer for, not even late at night before I do to sleep. And this is often why I am officially listed as online, but away from my computer for hours on end. I just leave everything up and running for when I need to do work quickly.

I am sure someone else will be delighted to post a daily series of coffee drinking pics, but I for my part have contributed enough to the CS. Let the younguns have their turn!

I will simply read and enjoy the postings in the CS.

Well said, Stat. Of course we all have business to attend to, some may not realise that you have your own business and don't spend the whole day here despite being shown as permanently logged in.

Forum List

Back