USMB Coffee Shop IV

If we have a mean-spirited soul act in such a manner in the Coffee Shop, my suggestion is to simply pay them no attention.

If such a person continues acting foul and or increases the behavior, I suggest each of us individual, on our own, notify Cereal Killer.

Okay, it's been one of those days, hot, no one is cooperating with my impatience........ etc. Seems to be happening to many here today.......

Stat, I think you're being a little oversensitive, while we all have had minor disagreements and a few full blown spats from time to time in the CS we've managed to make it work. As for what happens on the open board..... hell, it's election season. Just wait for the insanity of 2016........
Oh and I advocate the euthanizing of the entire human race...... It'll solve all our problems and conflicts....... :eusa_whistle:

It's simpler than that. My patience with trolls has run out.
Honestly, you're taking this shit way too seriously. Heck, it's only a messageboard. :lol:

If we have a mean-spirited soul act in such a manner in the Coffee Shop, my suggestion is to simply pay them no attention.

If such a person continues acting foul and or increases the behavior, I suggest each of us individual, on our own, notify Cereal Killer.
I'll usually give them one friendly notice/reminder of the rules, if that doesn't work then I get the Mods involved.

(Now who's taking this shit too seriously....... ) :D

hd140902.png

I've asked once and I'll ask once again that ya'll make up or take your quarrels elsewhere. I ask you to do that out of respect for those here that you do like.

R.D. apologized to everybody for her remark on the open board and removed the offending remark. And that should have ended it. I ask now that no further remarks about it be made. If you have a problem with anybody on the board, including me, about this please take it to PMs or the Flame Zone or whatever.

All of us have blown off steam in the Coffee Shop from time to time and there will always be a knee jerk negative reaction to something now and then, and we cannot expect everybody to like or enjoy every single thing that is going on in the Coffee Shop. I have been reamed out by people for liking posts, for not liking posts, for saying something, for not saying something, for thinking something was funny, for not thinking something was funny, yadda yadda.

A message board is not the place for easily offended people, not even here in the Coffee Shop. And the reason it works is that most of the time we are able to put everything in perspective and realize that some things just aren't worth getting upset about. Or for that matter upsetting anybody else.

So whatever part my mood has had in today's unpleasantries, I apologize. I was mostly reacting to news that people are coming into the Coffee Shop to 'neg' people with red X's and that offended me a lot. And I was very irritated that intentionally or unintentionally some seemed to be trying to make what should have been a quick skirmish into a big deal and poured gasoline on the fire. But I'll take my lumps that I probably contributed to the mood and the problem.

But for now please, can't we just put the sand on it on and move on? If we do not, we will lose the very special thing we have had here all these years.

Okay, that was a bit melodramatic, but you get my drift. I am old and allowed to be eccentric.

Been out of the loop lately. Went to the emergency room at the VA hospital in Fayetteville Friday evening. was told no doctor on duty until 8 Saturday morning. Got there at 8. doctor was at least 85. Gave me some prescriptions but the pharmacy was closed. What a nightmare.

Wow Bloodrock. What is ailing you if you can say?

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen 2 pages of posts in the coffee shop, and the day is still young...too bad it involved some unnecessary drama. Foxy, you were spot on about how this new rating system would play out...I really didn't expect to be so bad. The CS has always been a retreat from the nonsense on the rest of the board, and it had better stay that way or I won't have any reason to hang out here with you guys. TIA for knocking the shit off.:thup: :D
I just PMed CK to treat "disagree" the same as negs were considered on the old forum in the CS considering at least one poster came in the CS to specifically red x two posters for no valid reason. Hopefully he'll make a favorable ruling.

I noticed that too --a poster who doesn't even participate here-- and made the same inquiry. And I see those marks are now gone. :thup:

Quick question, since everything is new here, are we on the same restroom cleaning schedule as the old CS?

Safe travels and cheaper gas for BBD!

Been thinking about the board changes. It is the people that make the board, not a format. It wouldn't be USMB if some of you choose to leave. Try to hang in there. For those that do, we will probably have some new friends as others who actually like this format, that is used elsewhere, find us.

I am going to give the board about one more month, but the attitude outside of the lounge has become very, very raw. Members have made death threats on other members. The level of personal attacks has skyrocketed and a startling lack of the most basic of human decency is showing in many members. It is very, very ugly, and frankly, I have more important things to do in life. So, if the board stays this ugly, I'll be gone.

When a member writes THREE TIMES in a row on a thread that two other members should go kill themselves, and that member, after having been reported, is not banned, then something is seriously wrong with USMB. Seriously. That happened yesterday and the offender is here today, posting away.

That is just plain old batshit crazy. And an excellent way to completely destroy an online forum like this one.
Kind of saw that coming

Yes, you did, and I echoed your sentiments.

That you have not responded to my reps, not responded when I responded to your posts, and walk through my responses in this discussion responding to everyone around me shows you do understand people taking their views from political forums and bringing it here. I'm just saying.

Been out of the loop lately. Went to the emergency room at the VA hospital in Fayetteville Friday evening. was told no doctor on duty until 8 Saturday morning. Got there at 8. doctor was at least 85. Gave me some prescriptions but the pharmacy was closed. What a nightmare.

Wow Bloodrock. What is ailing you if you can say?

Prostate flare up. I'm fine now. Thanks for asking!

Forum List

Back