USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been out of the loop lately. Went to the emergency room at the VA hospital in Fayetteville Friday evening. was told no doctor on duty until 8 Saturday morning. Got there at 8. doctor was at least 85. Gave me some prescriptions but the pharmacy was closed. What a nightmare.

Wow Bloodrock. What is ailing you if you can say?

Prostate flare up. I'm fine now. Thanks for asking!

Argh....I hear those pains are a bitch! Hope it's not going to require major surgery or something....:eusa_naughty:

Hobbes has figured out a way in and out of the house I don't know about.
Last night I found him out on the porch (I always bring him in my dark because of monster trees). I thought maybe I must have left a door open. Tonight, same thing again and he's sopping wet from the rain.

I suspect he must be going out one of the upstairs rooms, which means he has to somehow make his way down from there, presumably (?) via a tree branch.

O boy...

Been out of the loop lately. Went to the emergency room at the VA hospital in Fayetteville Friday evening. was told no doctor on duty until 8 Saturday morning. Got there at 8. doctor was at least 85. Gave me some prescriptions but the pharmacy was closed. What a nightmare.

Wow Bloodrock. What is ailing you if you can say?

Prostate flare up. I'm fine now. Thanks for asking!
Infection? Had more than I care to remember. Cut off a limb without anesthetic, it's preferable to prostate infections........

Last night I found him out on the porch (I always bring him in my dark because of monster trees). I thought maybe I must have left a door open. Tonight, same thing again and he's sopping wet from the rain.

I suspect he must be going out one of the upstairs rooms, which means he has to somehow make his way down from there, presumably (?) via a tree branch.

O boy...
If they want out they'll find a way.

Welp, just finished reverting my new laptop from the hated Win 8 to Win 7. Thought I had all the drivers loaded on a DVD but noooooo...... The wireless driver was missing. Spent 2 hours trying to find it online before I gave up and downloaded a "free" driver tool that found it for me, after installation and much fussing and cussing I finally got it to recognize my wireless homegroup connection. Still have 16 more driver updates to download and install but the free version will only allow 2 downloads a day....... :mad:
As it was it took hours for everything as I had to call Dell Support to find out how to get into the boot sequencer, M$ changed it with Win 8 and I couldn't find out the steps online.
Yeah, I know some of this is pure Geekinese to some of you so drivers are "programs" that make the hardware work. A boot sequencer tells the computer where to look for the operating system (in this case Windows) on start up, generally it's set to look in the hard drive, if you're installing a new operating system you want it to look in the CD/DVD drive first so it won't default to the existing operating system on the hard drive.

Welp, just finished reverting my new laptop from the hated Win 8 to Win 7. Thought I had all the drivers loaded on a DVD but noooooo...... The wireless driver was missing. Spent 2 hours trying to find it online before I gave up and downloaded a "free" driver tool that found it for me, after installation and much fussing and cussing I finally got it to recognize my wireless homegroup connection. Still have 16 more driver updates to download and install but the free version will only allow 2 downloads a day....... :mad:
As it was it took hours for everything as I had to call Dell Support to find out how to get into the boot sequencer, M$ changed it with Win 8 and I couldn't find out the steps online.
Yeah, I know some of this is pure Geekinese to some of you so drivers are "programs" that make the hardware work. A boot sequencer tells the computer where to look for the operating system (in this case Windows) on start up, generally it's set to look in the hard drive, if you're installing a new operating system you want it to look in the CD/DVD drive first so it won't default to the existing operating system on the hard drive.

Men are so amusing when they're trying to figure out or put something together and they get frustrated and start cussing.:D

O boy...

I'd be more worried about what could get in.:eek-52:

O boy...

Oh there's always been evidence of things getting in.
That's why I got a cat.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Stat's aunt, nephew, and his loved ones with shingles,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

O boy...

Told this story before but back in Virginia, at the old house, we had a neighborhood cat that we used to feed and that I kept a warm "tent" in the garage for, we left the side door open. One evening I was sitting in the garage working on a crossword like I always did when I needed a smoke. Heard something next to me eating the cat food, thinking it was the cat I reached down and started petting it. Didn't take me long to realize it wasn't cat fur, looking down I see this racoon munching away and happily getting petted....... Of course I freak, it freaks and runs out the door but stops just outside the door. Had to chase it away but it wouldn't go far so that was the end of feeding the cat, besides a few days latter the cat and it's human moved away.

Oh, I don't know, I'm rather fond of gjetost (also called brunost). It's a Scandinavian cheese made from goat's milk whey. I make it, but it takes most of the day.

One of my best friends loves gjetost. Whe I go to visit here, I bring her a stash from a local shop. Can't stomach the stuff myself....but she adores it.

I admit it's an acquired taste. I experiment with making different cheeses and this was one that worked out really well.

In general, I'm a fan of cheeses...but certain ones such as a really stinky Camembert don't do it for me.

I wonder what you would think of a lovely Limburger?

Getting a website started is so damned hard. My friend got a website for her blog for $20 a month. I bought a domain for the same price, through the same website, but I also have to pay for web hosting as well.
I don't understand why it worked so easily for her and I am having so much trouble with it.

Operator headspace and timing?

Hope everyone is having a relaxing holiday weekend.

Maybe, maybe not so much. Tourists come with a double-edged blade. While they bring in welcome income, they also demand that we change so much of what they purport to value in order to accommodate their expected comforts. Case-in-point: far better to grade unpaved roads than pave them in this climate, but they insist that the roads be paved to accommodate their favored modes of transport (buses and RVs). If they truly wished to experience the Last Great Frontier, they'd accept all the "charms" associated with such wilderness.

Eww.
This is when AdBlock Plus Block Image comes in all handy. :lalala:
:lol: I love it...:)

I'll be going into work today but most tourists and those who have vacationed here all summer, will be packing up and heading back to their routines. I will miss them, all. Such fun people in happy moods when vacationing and shopping in galleries, close to, or on the beach. September and October are good months for older tourists though, as that is when they, with huge RVs towing little cars, come to the coast. They wait for the summer season to be over and families heading back to their home states, kids in school and low traffic on the twisting, hilly, narrow little coast highway, to travel. The many moods of the sea on one side and the coast range on the other. Splendiferous.

Then.....when October is over, the highway is just waiting for the locals to get back on and ride with freedom, free and easy. Can't wait. :)

Tourism in the cleanest industry. Five to seven months a year, people from all over the world and U.S. visit, drop their dollars, take home some fabulous memories and things, then leave the beauty of the vast, lush, rich, scenic land, known as the Oregon Coast, to the residents. :woohoo:

spent the day reroofing the shed. note the osha approved scaffolding I utilize.

View attachment 31493

also spent the weekend moving and stacking firewood. i'll finish up the day doing more of that.

View attachment 31494

Spent my Labor Day doing chores and then framed the front of the upstairs (studio) of the new shed on my place. At least I didn't have to go to "work".

Hope you are feeling better, BR.

Forum List

Back