USMB Coffee Shop IV

Was wondering how our Memorial Day Service was going to work out because it was storming when I woke up and it rained heavily until about 0830. Then the sun came out and it was bright and sunny. The service went off perfectly and we had a big crowd. Afterwards, our luncheon was very nice and well-attended. On the way home it began to storm again and it rained off and on for most of the late afternoon into the night. Sure glad the weather wasn't a factor in our Memorial Day Service. We had one of the biggest crowds we have ever had and it went off very well.

Today's celeb no. 2 drinking coffee:

772e680feff78855b6c84a99e94ab3ea.jpg

Simon Baker.

i just watched a movie called margin call. i think that guy was in it

He was in The Devil Wears Prada too. I really liked that movie. Chick Flick.

I like him, I grew tired of the Mentalist tho.

i saw that movie. It's not blue, it's cerulean. for some reason that line sticks in my head. did he play the guy who got the transcript for the harry potter book?

Well, the holiday weekend is over and it's back to normal.

Hot and muggy here and I finally had to turn on the a/c. Feels good. Can't sleep at ALL when it's hot and muggy.

Think I'll hit the shop later and do some pick up and work on the truck.

Air conditioning is the BEST!

We have these incredibly loud frogs that are making in impossible to sleep. We went searching for them to try to get rid of them, ends up the little suckers are no bigger than a silver dollar. I thought they had to be huge. We found one, but there are at least three others :mad: Even the air conditioning behind closed doors doses't help.
I guess outside sounds do bother some people.

Myself, I love all those sounds. I like the high pitched chirping and singing the little tree frogs do, right on to the big belching sounds of the Bull frog. Let's me know that everything is right with mother nature. Sings me right to sleep.

i saw that movie. It's not blue, it's cerulean. for some reason that line sticks in my head. did he play the guy who got the transcript for the harry potter book?

Yes, the player. My favorite line was: Corn chowder? You know the main ingredient in corn chowder is cellulite.

:lol:

Yes, the player. My favorite line was: Corn chowder? You know the main ingredient in corn chowder is cellulite.

now that i think of it, that guy was in margin call too

I don't think I've seen that one. He is in some good movies, he makes good choices.

I saw Monuments Men this weekend. It was good.

Last good movie I saw was "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Ben Stiller. I've heard mixed reactions but I thought it was good.

Liked it so much I bought the sound track too.

Last good movie I saw was "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Ben Stiller. I've heard mixed reactions but I thought it was good.

I never did see that one. I do love a good movie though. Maybe after I get moved this week, I'll buy that one.

I never did see that one. I do love a good movie though. Maybe after I get moved this week, I'll buy that one.

I even like bad movies. Sometimes the bad is so funny :lol:

I even like bad movies. Sometimes the bad is so funny :lol:

I know what you mean. I may not choose the bad movie but if I'm caught in it, I make the best of it and laugh my butt off. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think I've seen that one. He is in some good movies, he makes good choices.

I saw Monuments Men this weekend. It was good.
One review of Monuments Men simply called it "The Dainty Dozen". I'll see it on iTunes next weekend.

Hot and muggy here and I finally had to turn on the a/c. Feels good. Can't sleep at ALL when it's hot and muggy.

We have these incredibly loud frogs that are making in impossible to sleep. We went searching for them to try to get rid of them, ends up the little suckers are no bigger than a silver dollar. I thought they had to be huge. We found one, but there are at least three others :mad: Even the air conditioning behind closed doors doses't help.
I guess outside sounds do bother some people.

Myself, I love all those sounds. I like the high pitched chirping and singing the little tree frogs do, right on to the big belching sounds of the Bull frog. Let's me know that everything is right with mother nature. Sings me right to sleep.

i love those little spring peepers. i also love the katydids in the late summer

terrific%20tuesday%20frog.jpg

Napalm works wonders..........

It looks like they did a good job of the remake. I will definitely watch it when it comes on pay per view.
I really liked the original one with Danny Kaye.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrific%20tuesday%20frog.jpg

Napalm works wonders..........

Yes, he played Christian Thompson, writer, and was making a major play for Andi, (Anne Hathaway). And he was absolutely perfect for the role as was Anne and Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci and Emily Blunt. I disagree that it was a 'chick flick' though--Hombre and our son both love the movie--a comedy but an intelligent one with a feeling of reality about the brutal world of fashion and the cruel way it can affect people. "The Mentalist" has been one of those 'cult' phenomenons with its followers discussing and analyzing all the nuances. But I too became tired of the sameness of the plot lines and fell away from that.

Forum List

Back