USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good to see you're doing better. It's rare but some people experience epileptic and psychogenic non-epileptic seizures after anesthesia.
Just to be safe you might want to be tested for epilepsy if nothing more than to rule it out as a causative factor.

It probably wouldn't hurt to be tested, but it could well be nothing more than the anesthesia.

I have weird reactions to anesthesia and I did something like what Noomi did once. I was totally numb when I woke up after a surgery, I couldn't feel anything at all, like a spinal cord separation. I knew they didn't break my neck in surgery so I wasn't panicked or anything. I forced my arms to move back and forth on the gurney - that was all the movement I could do - to get the staff's attention. I couldn't even speak. The nurses were cool about it. I fell back to sleep and woke up just fine.

Okay... I guess now's a good a' time as any...

My Dad's now ex-wife invited me and my grandmother to take a trip to Tallulah Gorge on Saturday, to see a family friend, and a Cherokee Tribal Elder. His name was Yellow Horse. In the proper honorific, I called him 'grandfather.' I had been looking for a way out of my anxiety, my fear... and lo and behold, I ran into him. At my age, he was angry, violent and bottled his emotions up just like me. He was always looking for a fight. But then he went to Canada to meet their tribal grandmothers. He came back a changed man.

Our interaction held a deep spiritual experience with me. He told me how I needed to let the past go and with it my anger and resentment to certain members of my family, and focus on the present. He prayed with me and told me that love was the cure for what all ails mankind. "Love is the lifeblood of peace" he said. "Live as if you won't be here tomorrow." He met many people in his life who said they wanted to let go of the past, insisting they would "try." He told me, "You can try all you want, but you'll spend the next 40 years of your life not doing. You have to really want to let it all go." So, that's what I did. The moment tumultuous things happen, they are in the past.

He introduced a simple philosophy to me: "Nothing's too hard, nothing's too difficult, it's that simple." He taught me that when my anxiety tries to take root, I say the word 'love' over and over and over and breathe deeply. He says that when I say 'I love you' to someone, that I really mean it. He told me not to be afraid to express my emotions, to let them flow freely, he also told me never to be afraid to say 'I love you, brother/sister.' He taught me never to be negative and pessimistic. To walk into a room with a smile and a positive attitude. He reintroduced the aspect of willpower and perseverance.

I've been on a spiritual journey of sorts the past couple of days, I delved into the roots of my people. And you know what, I have been granted a sense of clarity and peace I have not felt in nearly 10 years. I feel like I have been released from a prison, the burden of my anxiety has been lifted...

That is a wonderful story TK. As another of your 'elders' I say listen to this wise person. And also know that there will be times when you will question your new clarity and your resolve will be tested. The old tapes of your anger and fears etc. don't ever completely go away and there will be certain triggers that will start them running. Expect it, know what they are, and do your best not to yield to the temptation to respond to them. Each time you are successful such episodes will become less intense, less frequent, and of shorter duration until they are very rare. What you are doing is to allow yourself permission to be happy. It is a good thing.

Apparently I am still a work in progress Fox. I am embarrassing myself rather good in the General Discussion Forum. Hearing it and putting it into practice are two different things apparently...

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi for healing post surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Got a call from the doctors office tonight, asking me how I was. I said I was still in a lot of pain and they are going to call me tomorrow morning to see if I am okay. They might need to change my pain meds.

Have heard a little more about my cousin...all being kept very hush hush so I have to eavesdrop and find out what is going on...abnormal test she had but apparently she can be treated. I don't know how she will be treated as yet, though. Fingers crossed for her, though.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi for healing post surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

The energy and love you put into the upkeep of this list is appreciated.
You help us to focus our energies on those who need us.

:thup:

Morning !

Our memorial Day Service went very well yesterday. We had a very big crowd show up, the whole park was filled up and we served around 100 vets their free Memorial Day luncheon. As always our Axillary women out did themselves in their cooking.

Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday4.jpg

Well, the holiday weekend is over and it's back to normal.

Hot and muggy here and I finally had to turn on the a/c. Feels good. Can't sleep at ALL when it's hot and muggy.

Think I'll hit the shop later and do some pick up and work on the truck.

Well, the holiday weekend is over and it's back to normal.

Hot and muggy here and I finally had to turn on the a/c. Feels good. Can't sleep at ALL when it's hot and muggy.

Think I'll hit the shop later and do some pick up and work on the truck.

Air conditioning is the BEST!

We have these incredibly loud frogs that are making in impossible to sleep. We went searching for them to try to get rid of them, ends up the little suckers are no bigger than a silver dollar. I thought they had to be huge. We found one, but there are at least three others :mad: Even the air conditioning behind closed doors doses't help.
terrific%20tuesday%20frog.jpg

Forum List

Back