USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's my baby boy's 16th birthday.:)

2768779612_0107cb1776_z.jpg

What a faboo cake!

We have to leave for Melbourne tomorrow and I am still contagious. Nana is coming this afternoon and mum is paranoid that they will both get sick. Hardly my fault. Its like she blames me for becoming ill five days before a wedding. I didn't ask to get sick. But she will make me go anyway, and potentially infect everyone there, and then if that happens, she will blame me for it.

Probably the best thing is for me to stay home, but I can't do that because its Jess's wedding and I have to go, even if it means everyone gets sick, which I think is a bit selfish of my mum, really.
Not only is it selfish, it's downright negligent. Weddings are attended by the elderly and children. Those 2 groups are at high risk for serious complications from the flu. You seem to be a the more mature and sensible one here.

Mum wants me to wear a mask. She hasn't brought me home one yet. I feel bad enough as it is about being sick, she don't need to make me feel worse!

Go ahead and wear the mask, just take it off before the ceremony.

But then we have the photos and the reception after. If they expect me to wear a mask and feel like I have some deadly disease, I'll just stay home.
I think it would serve a certain someone right for you to appear in the photos with the mask.

Good morning everybody. Just got up a little while ago and still trying to get my motor running. Day 4 of whatever this is I've been dealing with and it continues to get better. But is still with me.

Southern Arizona and New Mexico is bracing for major rains and major flooding today as what is left of Odile pushes northeast out of Baja. We're getting light rain here in Albuquerque but so far no flood watches or warnings.

This is for Peach:

23718_10151349972284674_1060108736_n.jpg

We have to leave for Melbourne tomorrow and I am still contagious. Nana is coming this afternoon and mum is paranoid that they will both get sick. Hardly my fault. Its like she blames me for becoming ill five days before a wedding. I didn't ask to get sick. But she will make me go anyway, and potentially infect everyone there, and then if that happens, she will blame me for it.

Probably the best thing is for me to stay home, but I can't do that because its Jess's wedding and I have to go, even if it means everyone gets sick, which I think is a bit selfish of my mum, really.
Not only is it selfish, it's downright negligent. Weddings are attended by the elderly and children. Those 2 groups are at high risk for serious complications from the flu. You seem to be a the more mature and sensible one here.

Not to mention that Noomi needs to get well. Flu isn't exactly unserious even for those her age.

We got 5" of rain here yesterday. A couple weeks ago, the county spread gravel on our formerly red clay road to combat the wash outs we always got with a heavy rain. I'm happy to report that the experiment was a success.
The bar also came through mostly unscathed puddles that developed out front didn't quite reach the door and there was only some minor seepage between the wall and slab. 10 minutes with a shop vac, and we were all good. Before digging a ditch along the outer wall, we would get an inch or more of water in the front pool room.

I guess we aren't going to ever get our birthday notifications back on the board. So everybody just fess up when its your birthday, anniversary, or other special occasions okay? See Sherry's Michael's cake made me realize how much I miss celebrating the birthdays in here.

Oh, and before I forget it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @Tresha91203 who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

797cappuccino.jpg

We got 5" of rain here yesterday. A couple weeks ago, the county spread gravel on our formerly red clay road to combat the wash outs we always got with a heavy rain. I'm happy to report that the experiment was a success.
The bar also came through mostly unscathed puddles that developed out front didn't quite reach the door and there was only some minor seepage between the wall and slab. 10 minutes with a shop vac, and we were all good. Before digging a ditch along the outer wall, we would get an inch or more of water in the front pool room.

Yep, everyone gets rain and we get a sprinkle. During the deluge last week that we got caught up in Ariz, I think it might have rained once at home. I came home to find my plants looking pretty sad, but at least they stayed alive. Today, everyone is getting flooded and we get a 3 min sprinkle, again. Pretty disconcerting, but I'm glad you're getting some rain and you didn't sustain any damage.

I guess we aren't going to ever get our birthday notifications back on the board. So everybody just fess up when its your birthday, anniversary, or other special occasions okay? See Sherry's Michael's cake made me realize how much I miss celebrating the birthdays in here.

Oh, and before I forget it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @Tresha91203 who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

797cappuccino.jpg

Pogo posted a page some time back that showed someone's birthday (announced by the board) and I've been looking at every feature and can't find it, maybe he can tell us where he clicked to get it?

Forum List

Back