USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank you. Timely, too. My birthday was Friday. :)

I guess we aren't going to ever get our birthday notifications back on the board. So everybody just fess up when its your birthday, anniversary, or other special occasions okay? See Sherry's Michael's cake made me realize how much I miss celebrating the birthdays in here.

Oh, and before I forget it, a warm Coffee Shop welcome to @Tresha91203 who joined us for the first time yesterday evening. Welcome welcome.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

797cappuccino.jpg

Feeding the stray kitties has a new wrinkle tonight. Had a skunk wonder up the paver sidewalk to grab a bite. Took a picture with the iPhone, but it was pretty dark. and eight feet away was my limit.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and her Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

First up and posting, different for a change. Still wheezy a bit, almost no coughing but the two weeks of this viral nonsense has taken its toll. I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

"Immeasurable Heaven"

Just 5 minutes of food for thought for everyone. This is just plain old awesome. Watch it.

Wow.

Blows my mind away.....makes me wonder how anyone can think it just happened.

It is just awesome. The distances we are talking about go beyond human imagination. Just wow. And what if this universe is just a link within millions of others?

If we did not have family in the south end of the family and in Utah County, we would not own a car. We sold the second one last fall, and we have not missed it at all. Trax runs two blocks away, and we have bus connections at either end of the block.

Morning Everybody!

We are getting a nice gentle rain all day and night. This is really nice for a change and very unusual for us. It's usually buckets very fast and for only a short period of time. :) Nice and cool too!!!!!! It's 69 right now, high will be 83.
Thursday morning smiles
funny-dogs-10.jpg

Back home. Wife off to her consulting job with the county. She likes it. Warm today, we set a record yesterday, but will be cooler today. Rain tomorrow and Saturday, and it looks like Indian Summer will continue for another week or so. Pretty day.

Feeding the stray kitties has a new wrinkle tonight. Had a skunk wonder up the paver sidewalk to grab a bite. Took a picture with the iPhone, but it was pretty dark. and eight feet away was my limit.

Oooh, scary. He will likely be back. How far can they spray? Is eight feet enough?
However far you are away, they stink up the place. I woke up one morning and one had sprayed outside but my whole house had that smell. It's dreadful.

The skunk wanted to come up on the porch after the food on the sidewalk ran out. I started to go out the front door and he decided to run away. The cats fight if I don't make a few feeding stations. I was moving slow as to not be too aggressive. Guessing eight feet is too close if a skunk wants to spray.

I live in town, two blocks from downtown actually. Technically we are a city of 8,700. The middle school is behind my house. High school is a block away.

So far today I was able to tell a young man is $15,700 car he received a loan for three months ago from the credit union that loaned the money to him, is worth $8,500 wholesale. Fun.

Meanwhile, I'm watching a woman get arrested for a bench warrant in the parking lot.

The skunk wanted to come up on the porch after the food on the sidewalk ran out. I started to go out the front door and he decided to run away. The cats fight if I don't make a few feeding stations. I was moving slow as to not be too aggressive. Guessing eight feet is too close if a skunk wants to spray.

Skunks will spray if threatened or startled or for the fun of it.

Raccoons will also want your kitty food. If you have dogs, consider trapping and removing raccoons. A bull raccoon can be very aggressive and can kill a smaller dog and drown a larger one.

I like raccoons, but when they threatened my animals’ safety or the structure of the house, I never hesitated in trapping or killing them.

Eight feet is not far enough........ Skunks can spray up to 15 feet though they really can't see more than ten feet very well. I almost got nailed by one a few years back when I stepped out my front door, it was dusk and at first it looked like a large cat, then I saw the distinctive white stripe as it turned it's back end towards me...... That was the fastest I've ever moved in my life, good thing I hadn't locked the front door.......

Had part of the condo property tagged next door. I told them their idea of a punji trap was not a good idea.

I thought it was nicely colored and healthy. Now, apparently well fed. So far I can pet all the cats. The squirrel and skunk remain a challenge...

Good morning everybody. Woke up to brilliantly bright blue skies this morning--the rain has gone at least for 24 hours it seems but we got some good moisture while it lasted. Looking forward to a non eventful Thursday and hoping to be well enough to enjoy a birthday dinner for me and my Aunt Betty tomorrow night.

For now life is good. Ya'll all have a great day. :)

Forum List

Back