USMB Coffee Shop IV

Due to the hold up with our getting the loan for my parents house my brother put the house back on the market...... It sold in a day....... Not a happy camper right now because their closing date is the 30th, ours could have been the first week of Oct after the wife goes back to work...... Pretty pissed at my brother right now.......

So, you and your wife didn't get to buy the house? That was pretty impatient of your brother, not to wait. So, didn't you have to agree on the sale? I know my brother and sister and I all had to agree on the sale of my parent's house. Not one of us could do it alone.
He's the executor of the estate, for all intent and purposes he's legally our dad as far as the estate is concerned so basically he can do what he wants though I know he thinks he's being fair from his perspective. Such is life, when one door closes another opens, gotta find the silver lining.
Yup, we were hoping to move back to the Springs but nothing has opened up job wise in quite a long time so she's gonna start looking in Santa Fe and Albuquerque NM. We prefer Santa Fe and no Foxy, we don't think it's that expensive....... :D

LOL. Well each to their own and 'expensive' is relative I guess. :) I much prefer Albuquerque to live and work because it is considerably less uptight and 'weird', but Santa Fe being my home town, I do have a real emotional attachment to it too. In Albuquerque you will generally pay less than 50% what the same house will cost you in Santa Fe in a decent neighborhood, and food, clothing, transportation, contractor services etc. are generally noticeably less in Albuquerque. A $90 plumber in Albuquerque will likely cost you $150 in Santa Fe for the same work.

Last edited:
Due to the hold up with our getting the loan for my parents house my brother put the house back on the market...... It sold in a day....... Not a happy camper right now because their closing date is the 30th, ours could have been the first week of Oct after the wife goes back to work...... Pretty pissed at my brother right now.......

So, you and your wife didn't get to buy the house? That was pretty impatient of your brother, not to wait. So, didn't you have to agree on the sale? I know my brother and sister and I all had to agree on the sale of my parent's house. Not one of us could do it alone.
He's the executor of the estate, for all intent and purposes he's legally our dad as far as the estate is concerned so basically he can do what he wants though I know he thinks he's being fair from his perspective. Such is life, when one door closes another opens, gotta find the silver lining.
Yup, we were hoping to move back to the Springs but nothing has opened up job wise in quite a long time so she's gonna start looking in Santa Fe and Albuquerque NM. We prefer Santa Fe and no Foxy, we don't think it's that expensive....... :D

LOL. Well each to their own and 'expensive' is relative I guess. :) I much prefer Albuquerque to live and work because it is considerably less uptight and 'weird', but Santa Fe being my home town, I do have a real emotional attachment to it too. In Albuquerque you will generally pay less than 50% what the same house will cost you in Santa Fe in a decent neighborhood, and food, clothing, transportation, contractor services etc. are generally noticeably less in Albuquerque. A $90 plumber in Albuquerque will likely cost you $150 in Santa Fe for the same work.
Ya have to realize that we're used to the DC metro are where that $90 plumber will cost you $250 besides, why would I pay a plumber for work that I can do for free.......... not including materials....... :D
More than likely we'd end up in Albuquerque because that's where the jobs are. Maybe open up my own frozen custard stand and/or sub shop........ :thup:

Ya have to realize that we're used to the DC metro are where that $90 plumber will cost you $250 besides, why would I pay a plumber for work that I can do for free.......... not including materials....... :D
More than likely we'd end up in Albuquerque because that's where the jobs are. Maybe open up my own frozen custard stand and/or sub shop........ :thup:

I know. Our daughter has lived and worked in the DC area for years now--currently transitioning back to California where even in the Monterey Bay area, her living expenses will be a whole bunch less than what she now has to pay. But you are likely to be unable to pull the salary in New Mexico that was common for the DC area either. Like I said, it's all relative. :)

I know. Our daughter has lived and worked in the DC area for years now--currently transitioning back to California where even in the Monterey Bay area, her living expenses will be a whole bunch less than what she now has to pay. But you are likely to be unable to pull the salary in New Mexico that was common for the DC area either. Like I said, it's all relative. :)
I already know that. Most of the country can't offer the salary the DC metro offers, considering what the wife pulls down here it's too bad it's Podunk. I figure for the time being, with her income, my (soon to be approved) SSDI and the cost of living here we'll be able to put away some serious money over the next year or two. Not sure we can handle being here any longer than that.
And I was serious about a frozen custard stand and somewhat serious about a sub shop.
Already have a name for the sub shop but have to make sure I won't get sued over it........ :lol:

I already know that. Most of the country can't offer the salary the DC metro offers, considering what the wife pulls down here it's too bad it's Podunk. I figure for the time being, with her income, my (soon to be approved) SSDI and the cost of living here we'll be able to put away some serious money over the next year or two. Not sure we can handle being here any longer than that.
And I was serious about a frozen custard stand and somewhat serious about a sub shop.
Already have a name for the sub shop but have to make sure I won't get sued over it........ :lol:

"I've Got Your Foot Long Right Here"?? :dunno: :D

Speaking of I was thinking about a bumper sticker for tail gaters......

Bet your SO tells you this is 6 inches.......
measuring-finger-gesture-isolated-white-32640858.jpg

Speaking of I was thinking about a bumper sticker for tail gaters......

Bet your SO tells you this is 6 inches.......
measuring-finger-gesture-isolated-white-32640858.jpg

My ex was an ego-driven Italian...he had a very big head.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!!! Got home about 1415 this afternoon. John Denver wrote a song with some lyrics, "Hey it's good to be back home again..." Tis true. Had a terrific vacation and I saw places I've never been to before. I've been to all of the New England States. Before I had never been north of New York City. Got the doggies back home. They were all glad to see me at the place where we had them boarded and they loved jumping into the Avalanche and coming home. They were all loving me up BUT the very minute they saw Mrs. BBD when we got home, I became a second-class citizen and quickly forgotten about. Oh well... Two of them are in Mrs. BBD's lap this very minute watching tv with her and one is curled up at her feet. I will remember this the next time they come begging me for a treat. Got lots to do tomorrow so I'm not sure when I will get in here for some coffee but I'll try. Tonight I shall take a long hot shower in my own shower and sleep in my own bed. Sleeping in the RV was just fine but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. Had a terrific time on vacation. Still licking my chows when I recall how good that Maine lobster meal was. More later about the trip.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning, Coffee Shoppers.

It's been more than one month since I have stopped drinking coffee every day, but rather, once or twice a week (if at all) and my body is loving the change. I don't sweat in the mornings the way I used to and I have considerably more energy through the run of a normal day than I once had. Am also sleeping better at night. I've been discovering all sorts of cool herbal and fruit tees, and they are really delicious.

That being said ( :D ) I wish you all a good TGIF and a good start into your weekend. I am on a business trip for most of the weekend and will only be online very sporadically and with the new smartfon. :banana:

So, have a good one.

Good morning campers.

@Statistikhengst <gasp> No coffee???? How long did it take to get over the loss of the ritual? I think that is what I would miss the most.

This has been a long, hectic week at work. Was on vacation last week so being punished this week, lol. Fridays are my day off, but I'm going in to finish catching up. I don't want next week to be like this week.

I hope you all have a happy Friday!

Good morning, Coffee Shoppers.

It's been more than one month since I have stopped drinking coffee every day, but rather, once or twice a week (if at all) and my body is loving the change. I don't sweat in the mornings the way I used to and I have considerably more energy through the run of a normal day than I once had. Am also sleeping better at night. I've been discovering all sorts of cool herbal and fruit tees, and they are really delicious.

That being said ( :D ) I wish you all a good TGIF and a good start into your weekend. I am on a business trip for most of the weekend and will only be online very sporadically and with the new smartfon. :banana:

So, have a good one.
Next thing ya know you'll be wearing tie-dye and hugging trees......... :eusa_whistle:

I won't tell you the name of this lighthouse but it's the most photographed lighthouse in America. It's in Maine. Free coffee and donuts to whoever can figure out it's name. I enjoyed being in this area. Very nice. Just what I think about when I think about Maine. Will post a new picture tomorrow of things I saw on my journey.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    503 KB · Views: 81
good morning eeryone, it looks like a rainy day fo us, hae a good one
Sunny and 80s, potential for t-storms tomorrow. Currently 60 outside, was planning on running out to Bent's Fort in La Junta today but my list of must does will most likely prevent that. Their "bookstore" has lots of 1830s/1840s period reproduction items for sale and I'd rather give them the money than someone else.

Bents_Old_Fort_NHS.jpg

Good morning friends! Back in car driving after our beach trip. I am a little sad but I am ready to be home and see my kitties. Have a wonderful day ya'll!

I won't tell you the name of this lighthouse but it's the most photographed lighthouse in America. It's in Maine. Free coffee and donuts to whoever can figure out it's name. I enjoyed being in this area. Very nice. Just what I think about when I think about Maine. Will post a new picture tomorrow of things I saw on my journey.

It's the Portland Head Lighthouse. I've been there a couple of times as kid with my grandparents. The views are breathtaking. We would always go in the early fall. Such a lovely time of the year to be in Maine.

Forum List

Back