USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'll be damned if we didn't make it to Friday and live to tell the tale! The last weekend of summer, although summer hasn't made its presence felt for three weeks now. The air is crisp and clean and clear, the nights are cool and quiet. That makes this my favorite time of year. Give us another two or three weeks and the autumn splendor of our hardwood forests will start showing off like a Las Vegas showgirl.

The last of the sweet corn, a few more tomatoes and the crop of hot banana peppers is all that's left in most backyard gardens. The Ohio apple growers are bringing in a bumper crop of red and golden delicious and sour Granny Smiths for pie baking season. Log splitters are rare as hen's teeth at rental centers as folks are preparing for fireplace and wood furnace time.

My car, the most delicate automobile ever to roll off an assembly line, is in the shop today. I was backing out of my parking space when a bolt on the curb at the head of the space was sticking up about four inches, well, enough to TEAR THE BUMPER OFF THE FRONT! It sounded exactly how a plastic bumper assembly should sound as it is rent from the front of a car. I managed to 'snap' it back temporarily, but it will take a body and fender man with his unique bag of tricks to reattach it.

So, tonight is board game night, tomorrow I sit on the Mulch Lawn in front of Pimplebutt for the season's last weed extraction and then I'm going to dig out the flower boxes, remove the coco liners and fill the hayrack baskets with Indian corn and gourds. I'm buying a few more tulip bulbs and they will get planted after Halloween. And thus ends another flower season. The wait until mid May and a new flower planting season is excruciating,

Good morning, Coffee Shoppers.

It's been more than one month since I have stopped drinking coffee every day, but rather, once or twice a week (if at all) and my body is loving the change. I don't sweat in the mornings the way I used to and I have considerably more energy through the run of a normal day than I once had. Am also sleeping better at night. I've been discovering all sorts of cool herbal and fruit tees, and they are really delicious.

That being said ( :D ) I wish you all a good TGIF and a good start into your weekend. I am on a business trip for most of the weekend and will only be online very sporadically and with the new smartfon. :banana:

So, have a good one.
Next thing ya know you'll be wearing tie-dye and hugging trees......... :eusa_whistle:

I would break the trees. :D

Good morning campers.

@Statistikhengst <gasp> No coffee???? How long did it take to get over the loss of the ritual? I think that is what I would miss the most.

This has been a long, hectic week at work. Was on vacation last week so being punished this week, lol. Fridays are my day off, but I'm going in to finish catching up. I don't want next week to be like this week.

I hope you all have a happy Friday!

Oh, I still enjoy coffee, just not every morning anymore.

Normally I would be busy planting shrubs and trees about now. I'm a little concerned about having another winter like last year. That would be tough on a newly planted tree or shrub. That means a harder Spring for workload and a less profitable Fall now. I need to find a couple of hardscape jobs before the ground freezes.

This is the first morning I've gotten out of bed and my back wasn't literally killing me. Don't know why the pain has subsided, but I'm happier'n a pig in a poke.
you're getting acclimated to the pain........ When I go to the Docs and they point at the pain chart on the wall and ask what my level of pain is I ask them, my level of pain or a normal person's level of pain? My level of pain is a 3 or 4, a normal person's pain level would be a 6 or a 7.......... It's all relative........
Glad you're feeling better. :thup:

Friday's, start your day with a grin. :)

128352658099731643_mUjTdZDM_c.jpg

This is the first morning I've gotten out of bed and my back wasn't literally killing me. Don't know why the pain has subsided, but I'm happier'n a pig in a poke.
And I am happier`n a pig in a poke to hear this great news, 007. You're ready for the weekend. :eusa_dance:

I won't tell you the name of this lighthouse but it's the most photographed lighthouse in America. It's in Maine. Free coffee and donuts to whoever can figure out it's name. I enjoyed being in this area. Very nice. Just what I think about when I think about Maine. Will post a new picture tomorrow of things I saw on my journey.
I don't remember the name of the lighthouse, but it's on Mt Desert Island. I've been there several times.

Did you get any blueberry pie from the roadside vendors?

Let's go with Mount Desert Light....

Well you wouldn't let me leave that back on the Vigil List so. . . . . (just teasing) Glad you're feeling better.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I won't tell you the name of this lighthouse but it's the most photographed lighthouse in America. It's in Maine. Free coffee and donuts to whoever can figure out it's name. I enjoyed being in this area. Very nice. Just what I think about when I think about Maine. Will post a new picture tomorrow of things I saw on my journey.

I think MDK nailed it--the Portland Head Lighthouse isn't it? I have not been there but it was on our itinerary when we had a trip planned for the northeast, but it got cancelled when life intervened. I now wonder if we will ever make that trip but happy that you and Mrs BBD are home safe and sound and that you had a wonderful time. Hope it was everything you hoped for.

I always thought what a neat job being a lighthouse keeper would be if you enjoyed solitude, books, playing on the computer, walking on the beach, etc.

Nosmo, I think I would be removing a bolt from the driveway. Glad the damage wasn't too severe. We'll miss the periodic postings of the flower projects but yes, if we're shutting down the gardens, how far away can spring be?

Oh and Happy Birthday to me. Hombre got me a brand new pair of wonderful Minnetonka soft soled moccasins, my favorite every day footwear for around the house. Tonight we'll go with Uncle Ed, Aunt Betty, friend Dana, and my big sister to Quarters down the road a bit--the best bar-b-que place in Albuquerque. Then home for a good movie. I think I'm pretty well over my bug--just a little residual cough--and life is good.

Forum List

Back