USMB Coffee Shop IV

And I am going to sort of break our no religion rule in the Coffee Shop just this one time--(talking about church/synagogue etc activities we're participating in is okay.) But I have to say this gave me a giggle:

You Know your Church is A redneck church if. . .​

The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

When the Pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering." five guys and two women stand up.

Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

The choir is known as the "OK Chorale".

High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.

The baptismal pool is a #2 galvanized washtub.

The choir robes are donated by and embroidered with “Billy Bob's Barbecue”.

The collection plates are hub caps from a '56 Chevy.​

You just made me miss my friends in Center and Jasper in east Texas. What a good bunch of people.

L
And I am going to sort of break our no religion rule in the Coffee Shop just this one time--(talking about church/synagogue etc activities we're participating in is okay.) But I have to say this gave me a giggle:

You Know your Church is A redneck church if. . .

The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

When the Pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering." five guys and two women stand up.

A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

:lol:

You Know your Church is A redneck church if. . .

LOL!!!

Later, I will tell you a really good one about the Priest and the Rabbi!!!

:lol:

We got 5" of rain here yesterday. A couple weeks ago, the county spread gravel on our formerly red clay road to combat the wash outs we always got with a heavy rain. I'm happy to report that the experiment was a success.
The bar also came through mostly unscathed puddles that developed out front didn't quite reach the door and there was only some minor seepage between the wall and slab. 10 minutes with a shop vac, and we were all good. Before digging a ditch along the outer wall, we would get an inch or more of water in the front pool room.

Yep, everyone gets rain and we get a sprinkle. During the deluge last week that we got caught up in Ariz, I think it might have rained once at home. I came home to find my plants looking pretty sad, but at least they stayed alive. Today, everyone is getting flooded and we get a 3 min sprinkle, again. Pretty disconcerting, but I'm glad you're getting some rain and you didn't sustain any damage.

Getting rain is rarely a problem here. I'm half way between Pensacola, FL and Mobile, AL the #1 and #2 rainfall cities in the country. We average 65"/year

Due to the hold up with our getting the loan for my parents house my brother put the house back on the market...... It sold in a day....... Not a happy camper right now because their closing date is the 30th, ours could have been the first week of Oct after the wife goes back to work...... Pretty pissed at my brother right now.......

Due to the hold up with our getting the loan for my parents house my brother put the house back on the market...... It sold in a day....... Not a happy camper right now because their closing date is the 30th, ours could have been the first week of Oct after the wife goes back to work...... Pretty pissed at my brother right now.......

So, you and your wife didn't get to buy the house? That was pretty impatient of your brother, not to wait. So, didn't you have to agree on the sale? I know my brother and sister and I all had to agree on the sale of my parent's house. Not one of us could do it alone.

Oh wow Ringel. I would guess so. Will your brother reimburse you for all the money and effort you've put into the place? I know we all love our kinfolk, but geez. That really sucks. But every family seems to have somebody who is that cold and heartless.

Will he split the proceeds with you?
Yeah, the proceeds get split between the 4 brothers but that's not the problem. Not sure but I think the real estate agent had him thinking it had to go back on the market now or it wouldn't sell after Oct 1, just in case something else came up with our loan process....... or he told my brother we were turned down, which we weren't. We were buying it for 130K, it was sold (outside the family) for 155k, think there may have been some greed involved there but don't know for sure. Well as it is I put it all in Gods hands from the beginning, guess we weren't meant to have it, doesn't mean I'm not pissed right now.

So, you and your wife didn't get to buy the house? That was pretty impatient of your brother, not to wait. So, didn't you have to agree on the sale? I know my brother and sister and I all had to agree on the sale of my parent's house. Not one of us could do it alone.
He's the executor of the estate, for all intent and purposes he's legally our dad as far as the estate is concerned so basically he can do what he wants though I know he thinks he's being fair from his perspective. Such is life, when one door closes another opens, gotta find the silver lining.

Oh wow Ringel. I would guess so. Will your brother reimburse you for all the money and effort you've put into the place? I know we all love our kinfolk, but geez. That really sucks. But every family seems to have somebody who is that cold and heartless.
Yes, I have all the receipts and the estate will cover my costs.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and her Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

FF has the bestest heart.

He's the executor of the estate, for all intent and purposes he's legally our dad as far as the estate is concerned so basically he can do what he wants though I know he thinks he's being fair from his perspective. Such is life, when one door closes another opens, gotta find the silver lining.

That's so true. When my father died (my mother had died earlier), I was in Ca, so I didn't get a chance to come early and go through the house and pick stuff I may have wanted. By the time I got there for the funeral, there was hardly anything of value left. I did get a few things that were just sentimental in value, but my brother and sister and their families had picked the house clean of anything that could be sold or kept that was monetarily valuable. I was okay with it, and we did split up the money fairly. A few months later I got a letter from my brother saying that he had overlooked a tax that was due on the estate and that he had evenly split it among us three and my share came to $$$. I wrote my brother back and told him I was so surprised....when it came to splitting up the belongings, no one thought of splitting it three ways, but now that it came to paying, we were being oh so fair!

I know my brother felt bad and he quickly wrote back and told me to forget the tax....I didn't have to pay, and he also asked me to come and pick up an Armoir that had belonged to my grandmother, since I hadn't gotten anything. I was okay with that too, and we have stayed in good terms and close. Money and things don't really matter that much, but fair is fair. I hope your brother comes through.

That's so true. When my father died (my mother had died earlier), I was in Ca, so I didn't get a chance to come early and go through the house and pick stuff I may have wanted. By the time I got there for the funeral, there was hardly anything of value left. I did get a few things that were just sentimental in value, but my brother and sister and their families had picked the house clean of anything that could be sold or kept that was monetarily valuable. I was okay with it, and we did split up the money fairly. A few months later I got a letter from my brother saying that he had overlooked a tax that was due on the estate and that he had evenly split it among us three and my share came to $$$. I wrote my brother back and told him I was so surprised....when it came to splitting up the belongings, no one thought of splitting it three ways, but now that it came to paying, we were being oh so fair!

I know my brother felt bad and he quickly wrote back and told me to forget the tax....I didn't have to pay, and he also asked me to come and pick up an Armoir that had belonged to my grandmother, since I hadn't gotten anything. I was okay with that too, and we have stayed in good terms and close. Money and things don't really matter that much, but fair is fair. I hope your brother comes through.
It's been pretty fair with the distribution of funds and valuables, we actually ended up with most of the furniture, bought much of it from the estate because it was going to be sold at the estate sale. We gave up our share of the estate sale returns in return plus paid a couple of hundred extra, it was only fair to my other brothers. A lot of it we got rid of because nobody in the family wanted many of those items.
With the gold and silver it was sold and the funds distributed, again I gave up my share for my dads Breitling watch which is actually worth about three times what the distributed funds were.

Being a parents' executor is not easy when one has sibs. H ad some greedy sibs that I had to deal with. One stole some stuff, and I made her pay the equivalent share to each sib or explain it to the police. She still doesn't like me, tough for her. Sounds likeringle's executor made some decisions maybe he should have discussed with the other sibs.

Oh and the wife is seriously pissed, according to her the one brother is now persona non grata in this household.......

If her heart was set on returning to the springs, yeah, your brother better not accept any brownies from her: might be filled with ex lax.

If her heart was set on returning to the springs, yeah, your brother better not accept any brownies from her: might be filled with ex lax.
Lucky for him he lives in Huntsville AL........ And right now, ex-lax brownies would be the least of his worries...... She's quite proficient with firearms......... :omg:

Yup, we were hoping to move back to the Springs but nothing has opened up job wise in quite a long time so she's gonna start looking in Santa Fe and Albuquerque NM. We prefer Santa Fe and no Foxy, we don't think it's that expensive....... :D

Forum List

Back