USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Just got up a little while ago and still trying to get my motor running. Day 4 of whatever this is I've been dealing with and it continues to get better. But is still with me.

Southern Arizona and New Mexico is bracing for major rains and major flooding today as what is left of Odile pushes northeast out of Baja. We're getting light rain here in Albuquerque but so far no flood watches or warnings.

This is for Peach:

23718_10151349972284674_1060108736_n.jpg

Thank You Foxfyre

We are not getting it bad here where I live. PHX and Tucson are.
We are getting so far, a nice light rain. I just got back from town with a Doc's appt. and to pick up a few things just in case we can't get out later on in the next few days.

Well, all good things must come to an end and the end is very near for our trip. We are spending our last night away before getting back home at our favorite campground in Shipshewana, IN. We picked this place purposely so we can dump and clean all of our tanks and return home "dry". Also because it's so nice to hear all of the Amish horses clomping down the highway with their little Amish buggies in tow. I think it's a very relaxing sound. It has been a fantastic and fun trip. Saw a lot or really neat things. I think the most impressive things I saw on this trip was Louisa May Alcott and Mark Twain's house. If you're ever in that neighborhood it's a must do. Had really good weather on the trip. The only time it rained was at night! How lucky was that? It will be good to get back to the farm and concentrate on more important things - like getting ready for deer season!!! Will post more after I get home and maybe even post a few photos.

Went from a wedding for oldest daughter two weeks ago to young one breaking up with her boyfriend of a month. She discovered he was a nonbeliever. Middle daughter announced she has marital problems and that looks like a crash and burn too. What is the recipe for lemonade again? :(

Why is being a non believer a relationship ender? If she genuinely cares for the guy, it shouldn't matter what he believes.
For people that have a covenant with their god, it absolutely matters.
Their belief and that covenant is an important part of who they are, their life and what life means.

I'll make the assumption that this is about the christian god and Jesus.
A christian wedding is a covenant between husband and wife and god. A trifecta. If one is a non-believer, that covenant cannot exist.

@Noomi, I am a bit surprised that you don't know this.

It's my baby boy's 16th birthday.:)

2768779612_0107cb1776_z.jpg
Did you give him a car?

Sure, as soon as I win the lottery.
You don't need to win the lottery, a beater car will work for the first one. Then he can go out and get a job and you won't have to chauffeur him.

BTW
Nice cake
Sexy hands.

Not my hands...not in the budget for any sort of vehicle, including insurance costs, and he is too busy during band season for a job without it impacting his grades. He'll survive.

Speaking of birthdays,
when I was a kid, it was tradition that kids got a spanking on their birthday, one spank for every year, Not hard spanks that would make you cry, but more like embarrassment spanks.
Then, you got "a pinch to grow an inch". How sucky is that. Consider that I was born 29 inches long, then every year, I get "a pinch to grow an inch". On my 18th birthday I would have already had 17 pinches meaning growing 17 inches. 29 + 17 = 46 inches. That means that on my 18th birthday I would have been 3 feet 10 inches tall. Fortunately for me, those stupid pinches didn't restrict my growth to one inch a year.

Not my hands...not in the budget for any sort of vehicle, including insurance costs, and he is too busy during band season for a job without it impacting his grades. He'll survive.
If he has a job, he can pay his own insurance.
You might be surprised how a teen can hold down a job and still keep on top of their studies and school activities. My daughters did it. An important lesson in responsibility and setting priorities when one has multiple obligations.

You might be surprised how a teen can hold down a job and still keep on top of their studies and school activities. My daughters did it. An important lesson in responsibility and setting priorities when one has multiple obligations.

Good for your daughters. Very little surprises me, seeing as how this isn't my first rodeo and I have a 25 year old. I know what's best for my child, but thanks for your advice.

Mum wants me to wear a mask. She hasn't brought me home one yet. I feel bad enough as it is about being sick, she don't need to make me feel worse!

Go ahead and wear the mask, just take it off before the ceremony.

But then we have the photos and the reception after. If they expect me to wear a mask and feel like I have some deadly disease, I'll just stay home.
I think it would serve a certain someone right for you to appear in the photos with the mask.

Sometimes I think so too.

I'm really starting to look forward to the wedding. I get to wear a pretty dress and my new silver sandals that I bought myself, and someone is going to do my hair and make up and make me look beautiful. I am excited about that. And meeting more of Kane's family is exciting too as his mum, aunt and cousin are adorable.

But now I might not be able to attend as I am still sick. Coughing worse today because the infection is moving its way into my chest. And all I do is sleep.

I don't want to make people sick but I don't want to be treated like a leper because I happened to get ill.

Anyway, we leave for Melbourne this afternoon so its anyone's guess what they will decide to do with me.

Fingers crossed I get better in two days.

We have to leave for Melbourne tomorrow and I am still contagious. Nana is coming this afternoon and mum is paranoid that they will both get sick. Hardly my fault. Its like she blames me for becoming ill five days before a wedding. I didn't ask to get sick. But she will make me go anyway, and potentially infect everyone there, and then if that happens, she will blame me for it.

Probably the best thing is for me to stay home, but I can't do that because its Jess's wedding and I have to go, even if it means everyone gets sick, which I think is a bit selfish of my mum, really.
Not only is it selfish, it's downright negligent. Weddings are attended by the elderly and children. Those 2 groups are at high risk for serious complications from the flu. You seem to be a the more mature and sensible one here.

Not to mention that Noomi needs to get well. Flu isn't exactly unserious even for those her age.

Kane's mother has heart problems which is my main concern. My sister has a very low immune system because she has many heath problems and is always sick. My nana has heart problems as well. All these people I could get sick and for those with heart problems, the flu could kill them. And how would I feel if that happened?

Good for your daughters. Very little surprises me, seeing as how this isn't my first rodeo and I have a 25 year old. I know what's best for my child, but thanks for your advice.
It wasn't advice, just observations from the experience with my children.
I did like not having to haul them around once they turned 16 and got their drivers license.

It wasn't advice, just observations from the experience with my children.
I did like not having to haul them around once they turned 16 and got their drivers license.

I feel majorly old lol. I got my license when I was 27.

Forum List

Back