USMB Coffee Shop IV

A beautiful day here in the city.

Should have a week of high sixties to mid seventies.

No rain, although Sept was the 9th wettest Sept on record here.

Have a realtor friend looking for rentals for us up in the Springs, the wife is already working on setting up job interviews. No "pod" services down here in Podunk so it's U-Haul or a full service mover. If it's U-Haul then I have someone down here who will pack the truck for me for around $100 and I can always find someone in the Springs to unload it, heck the guy who will pack it would be willing to come up and unpack it for me. He's been doing our lawn and other items here since spring, a good guy we can pretty much depend on though not the most thorough worker...... :lol:

Woke up to the mid 40s here, will probably go up to the Springs tomorrow to get some things set in motion and they're calling for a high of 57 up there........

You guys think we're not being tracked on the internet? Hombre and I have been doing our Christmas shopping this past month, all on line, and earlier in the week I ordered a flannel shirt for my daughter-in-law--special request from her. Ever since, every website I go to whether it is Drudge Report or LA Times or RCP or the weather report or wherever, I am now seeing ads from the company I ordered it from. And just now, across the top of this page at USMB, I am seeing a small banner ad for one of our local auto dealerships here in Albuquerque.
Are you using Chrome? It is the worst.

No, I use IE/Bing for most of my browsing because it is fast, doesn't give me any grief, it is very user friendly for me, and I like the pretty pictures they use for background. :) I will go to Chrome if Bing isn't finding what I look for because it can find stuff Bing doesn't and vice versa. Firefox was not satisfactory for me--gave me a lot of problems so I discontinued it. I don't use Adblock because I play a lot of on line games and it interferes with some of those. Don't use popup blockers for the same reason, but I get a lot fewer popups and annoying talking ads with IE than with any other browser. The ads are seldom annoying and rarely interfere with what I'm doing. I'm just noticing that I am being targeted for my particular interests and activities.

I just run my malware protection often and clean every thing up. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
l_0c442d20-8e04-11e1-9114-7ba80fa00002.jpg

Good night everyone. I am thinking a break from USMB is in order. Too many threads spewing hate towards Christians and minorities and that doesn't even begin to cover the general hate toward opposing points of political views. I feel I need to be more positive and it is a struggle when you post here, to be that way. Maybe tomorrow I will feel differently.

Good night everyone. I am thinking a break from USMB is in order. Too many threads spewing hate towards Christians and minorities and that doesn't even begin to cover the general hate toward opposing points of political views. I feel I need to be more positive and it is a struggle when you post here, to be that way. Maybe tomorrow I will feel differently.

You can always just avoid the other areas for a while and stick to the CS! :D

That's pretty much what I do anymore. I do my serious discussions elsewhere but come here because I like you guys. Every now and then you find an intelligent discussion here too, but they're really rare. But I would really hate to lose contact with all the special people who come to the Coffee Shop.

But now I'm really weary....it is almost 1 a.m. in New Mexico and I'm headed for bed. Wishing all a good night's sleep and a good day tomorrow.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and for the Ringels in a difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery.
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz), and Hossfly
BBD's shoulder
Mertex
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Here's wishing you all a good Friday.

Tonight begins YOM KIPPUR (day of atonement) for our Jewish brethren in USMB, arguably the most holy day in the entire year, and a fasting period of slightly over 24 hours. It starts this evening with KOL NIDRE and will end tomorrow evening. So, as of tonight, as was the case at Rosh Hashonah, I will be offline during that time.

Enjoy your coffee today!

Here's wishing you all a good Friday.

Tonight begins YOM KIPPUR (day of atonement) for our Jewish brethren in USMB, arguably the most holy day in the entire year, and a fasting period of slightly over 24 hours. It starts this evening with KOL NIDRE and will end tomorrow evening. So, as of tonight, as was the case at Rosh Hashonah, I will be offline during that time.

Enjoy your coffee today!

Having my coffee today, as well. Have a good day, Stat.

Forum List

Back