USMB Coffee Shop IV

A brace is fine for short term issues foxfyre. Long term it robs you of the strength in that muscle group. It is a scam in the sense of The Scooter Store. Ripping off the government.

Fine job son-in-law. Kept your vows for just over four years. I can't say I've watched my daughter give up on anyone, except a brother-in-law, now we add you.

Sorry Save. There are times we all wish we had been better judges of character before we put our faith and confidence in somebody. And it is especially painful when faith is misplaced in somebody we marry but it happens in every family.

A brace is fine for short term issues foxfyre. Long term it robs you of the strength in that muscle group. It is a scam in the sense of The Scooter Store. Ripping off the government.

This one is not a brace to strengthen the knee though Save. According to its billing, It is designed to apply acupressure to a particular nerve in the back of the knee that interrupts the pain cycle of sciatica and other low back pain. And it's cheap and, so far as I know, not covered by insurance so I don't think it is that kind of scam. Now whether it doesn't live up to its advertised benefits is another story and if it does not, then it is just another shoddy product that will go by the wayside when people figure out it isn't worth the money. Sort of like the Thighmaster. :)

Good morning all. After today's rather strenuous activities doing all the cooking and preparation for the birthday dinner, I woke up quite stiff and sore and still tired. Just don't have the stamina I used to have and I hate that. Glad Ringel is feeling better though and still sending healing vibes for 007's sore back. Chronic pain can indeed wear a body down. I still think you ought to order one of those Beactive knee braces that is supposed to relieve low back pain--you can see a promo on it at Beactivebracesale. Let me know if it works and I'm going to get one for Hombre and me. (I'm too cheap to buy one unless I know it works.) They've been advertising for months though and so far I haven't seen anybody reporting it as a scam.
I've seen those on TV also, Foxy, but wasn't inclined what so ever to even think about getting one. Looks like complete snake oil to me, and judging by these reviews... BeActive Brace Reviews - Pain Relief or Scam that's exactly what it is.

I'm holding out hope that the physical therapist can help me. If not, it's back to the VA to talk about the next step. I like those commercials I see on TV for the http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/.

Good morning all. After today's rather strenuous activities doing all the cooking and preparation for the birthday dinner, I woke up quite stiff and sore and still tired. Just don't have the stamina I used to have and I hate that. Glad Ringel is feeling better though and still sending healing vibes for 007's sore back. Chronic pain can indeed wear a body down. I still think you ought to order one of those Beactive knee braces that is supposed to relieve low back pain--you can see a promo on it at Beactivebracesale. Let me know if it works and I'm going to get one for Hombre and me. (I'm too cheap to buy one unless I know it works.) They've been advertising for months though and so far I haven't seen anybody reporting it as a scam.
I've seen those on TV also, Foxy, but wasn't inclined what so ever to even think about getting one. Looks like complete snake oil to me, and judging by these reviews... BeActive Brace Reviews - Pain Relief or Scam that's exactly what it is.

I'm holding out hope that the physical therapist can help me. If not, it's back to the VA to talk about the next step. I like those commercials I see on TV for the http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/.

Yeah, I didn't think to look up reviews for the product, but would have done that before actually buying it. But you prompted me to look at the review site you linked and some others, and it definitely appears to be a highly questionable product and a highly questionable company selling it. Amazon.com has just recently started carrying the product though and only showed one review--unfavorable. :).

As for the Laser Spine Institute I would check that out very very carefully. An external leg brace might be a colossal waste of money but is unlikely to do any significant damage. But any form of surgery, even as minimal as the LSI advertises, is a big deal and should only be done by honest to goodness experts.

Stomach still bad, had soup for dinner, stomach is really upset now. Don't know what the heck is going on. Took some more Tums and heading back to bed soon.

So, how long are we not going to be able to mention "food"? It's already been toooooooo long......:D
What's even worse is I'm hungry but pretty much any thing I eat tears up my stomach. Too bad, there's an apple pie and vanilla ice cream waiting for me to dig into....... Maybe tomorrow.
Yup, think it's definitely time for bed.

The best thing is to keep hydrated.....be sure to drink lots of water. When I was a kid, and got sick from upset stomach and I couldn't keep anything down, not even water, my grandmother would boil rice, then she would drain the rice out and refrigerate the water....that was the only thing I could keep down and it kept me hydrated. Those old remedies sometimes are the best. Hope you get better soon.

Stomach still bad, had soup for dinner, stomach is really upset now. Don't know what the heck is going on. Took some more Tums and heading back to bed soon.

So, how long are we not going to be able to mention "food"? It's already been toooooooo long......:D
I so miss Jughead, his posts and his pics of food. He always made me hungrier sooner than later....darn! But what pretty colors they were. I am very much into color coordinating and he had a way with those pictures of colorful foods.

Yeah, I was thinking that I hadn't seen him in a long time. Hope he comes back, I miss his food pictures and his cartoons.

I confess to a weakness for Taco Bell tacos. They taste better to me and they are easier to eat than the fancier tacos you get in most Mexican restaurants around here. So if we don't make tacos at home, when we go for tacos we go to Taco Bell. I suppose that's why they stay in business LOL.

Your story of the restaurant reminded me of our experience in Houston. Tired of the usual Tex Mex fare and burgers we went to a recommended Chinese Restaurant. Wonderful ambiance with the all traditional décor and the staff were all in traditional Chinese smocks, etc. and most appeared to be Asian. So the beautiful Asian waitress comes to our table--she was gorgeous and sported a traditional Chinese hairdo along with her impeccable Chinese smock. She takes out her order pad and smiles and says, "Can I hep ya'll?" (We did resist laughing out loud--at least until later. :))

I agree on the Taco Bell tacos. I don't much care for the rest of their food, but their "Cool ranch" tacos are great when you don't feel like cooking. On Wednesdays we go to choir practice, so we don't eat any supper, but we like to stop at the Taco Bell on the way home, pick up a 1/2 dozen cool ranch tacos and have them at home with a diet coke....they are soooo good.

I like my tacos better, I heat the shells and my meat has plenty of mexican spices in it, green chiles, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.....and onions minced extra fine.....

Would be nice if I could find the cool ranch taco shells at the grocery store.

lens17851160_1302891158bigstock_Surprised_Woman_

So, there is an Ebola case in the U.S.......and it is in Texas....and the symptoms are flu like.......:ack-1:

Okay, I'm not worried.....I don't have flue symptoms, but yikes, Dallas is not that far away.

Figured there was a reason the wife was getting calls from potential employers up in the Springs and Denver....... She was just cleared to go back to work,dropped the work release with her boss and HR, they stated they would have to talk with her about it....... Just got a phone call from HR saying she was released September 14th, didn't she get the letter?
Yeah, letter, right..... They made that decision today. :mad:
At least we have money from the inheritance with much more on the way. Time to start working on a move back up to the Springs. Still haven't heard anything concerning my SSDI.......
Said it was because she couldn't do her job....... Thinking about contacting a lawyer.......

When I saw Noomi's post it was tongue biting time. :) I still recall a friend living in New York, one that had never been to the Southwest, who was absolutely in total disbelief that I could possibly know about good bagels and shmears out here on the desert. And nothing I could say would shake his particular bigotry about that.

So when Noomi mentioned fajitas last night, my immediate kneejerk reaction is that she, in Australia, could not possibly know what good fajita were. You have to be here in the heart of Mexican/New Mexican/southwestern cuisine to get great fajitas.

I resisted though. Because we can get great bagels here. And who am I to say that Australians don't make great fajitas. :)

You are absolutely right. But, I couldn't keep from thinking about the experiences I've had. When I lived in New Hampshire....there was one Mexican Restaurant, and people were always telling us that it was great (they knew I was from Texas)....so we finally decided to try it...and it was awful. Also, I couldn't find tortillas, corn or flower, in any grocery store, except in a can. That was weird. Maybe now you can.
Noomi's picture looks authentic fajitas like the ones I know. I wonder who introduced that delicacy to Australians though, and whether or not they have added their own twist in an attempt to make them better?

I can relate to your NH experience too. When we were last in Washington DC, our daughter took us to a restaurant (she hadn't tried it) recommended as absolutely the best Mexican food you could get in DC. It was PITIFUL!!! Not one authentic thing about it other than I think a tortilla might have been included in there somewhere. Ungodly expensive but quite disappointing. I have found some good Mexican/southwestern cuisine in Texas but you have to hunt for it amidst all the Tex-Mex places. When we lived in Kansas there was one family of cooks/chefs that made excellent Mexican food but they moved around to different restaurants a lot. We always checked to see where they were working before we went out for Mexican food because the rest of it was pretty bad.

I have to say, the BEST Mexican food I've ever had was at a dinky store front restaurant in Benson, AZ. Their décor featured kitchen tables and chairs, ala 1940's, linoleum floors, very "modest", to say the least. But the portions were enormous and the food to die for.

I have had good Mexican food in Arizona too. But even around here it isn't an automatic thing. We all know where the good, better, and best restaurants are to get the best Mexican food and which restaurants we would rather just drive on by. Part of it is also a matter of personal preference I suppose. I have a certain idea of what a good enchilada should be, how it should be seasoned, how it should be served. But others prefer something different.

A few years ago we discovered a little hole in the wall Asian place--could seat maybe 30 people max--no décor, linoleum floors, mismatched containers on the buffet. But for $5 or less you could get the city's positively best Chinese food anybody could get anywhere The place closed up when the owner died, and I still miss it. The owner always remembered us and when she spotted us coming in, she immediately prepared and brought to us the drinks she knew we would order.
What I never understood about Albuquerque was that in a city with so many fine Mexican restaurants, why the hell are there 2 Taco Bells?

We have a great Chinese buffet place here in Foley. Great food at a good price. The place has been open for 19 years and the owner is beginning to become redneck.
Along with all the usual fare, there is always a big tray of spicy Cajun crawfish.
Then there was the Sunday afternoon I stopped by hoping to get some to-go food while we were renovating the bar. It was just 2 minutes to 4 and I found the door locked. The owner saw me and came to the door and told me, "We fixin' ta close velly soon." I about died! I had to turn and run off to keep from laughing.

Drat! Forgot to re-register the vehicles yesterday. Now I have to go brave the lines at DMV. I tell you: This place is like no other I have lived. I fully expect registering 3 vehicles to take an unheard of 5 minutes.
Can't you register your vehicles on line? We can here, and it costs $10 less if you forgo a visit to the DMV.

My back is still killing me. Thank God I start physical therapy tomorrow, but I hope ta' hell it actually does me some good.

After two and half years of being up on jacks for the front end restoration and upgrading on my lifted GMC, I got one wheel on the ground yesterday. Not much left to do on the other side too but some final assembly, and that side will be on the ground too, but I decided to take the day off since I got up and could hardly walk. It's a day in the recliner with the heating pad for me. I'm really, REALLY getting sick of this pain. It's getting hard to recall when I DIDN'T have back pain.
If you can work through this, get proper treatment, you will not believe how much it changes your life. Having recently lost 40 lbs, I am amazed at how much better my knees, hips, and back feel. I sure hope the treatment helps you get better.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
lens17851160_1302891158bigstock_Surprised_Woman_

So, there is an Ebola case in the U.S.......and it is in Texas....and the symptoms are flu like.......:ack-1:

Okay, I'm not worried.....I don't have flue symptoms, but yikes, Dallas is not that far away.

Yes, well I wouldn't go spending a bunch of money on extra life insurance just yet dear one.

Fine job son-in-law. Kept your vows for just over four years. I can't say I've watched my daughter give up on anyone, except a brother-in-law, now we add you.
What did I miss?

Just one of the many reasons I know there's a God. If there wasn't, I'd be on a return flight from exterminating someone. Fortunately for me there is grace and a big picture view of eternity.

Forum List

Back