USMB Coffee Shop IV

The numbers guy speads a little love before going offline for Yom Kippur:

1897819_936279576393054_5920014089264403951_n.png

:)

So, and with this posting, I am now going offline until late Saturday. Have 3 more business appointments and then I jump into my best suit and travel to Erev Kom Kippur services. Time for deep prayer and introspection. My best to all USMB members.

-Stat

Good night everyone. I am thinking a break from USMB is in order. Too many threads spewing hate towards Christians and minorities and that doesn't even begin to cover the general hate toward opposing points of political views. I feel I need to be more positive and it is a struggle when you post here, to be that way. Maybe tomorrow I will feel differently.

You can always just avoid the other areas for a while and stick to the CS! :D
That's exactly what I do. It does your general well being no good at all when some bubble head here runs their little smart ass mouth to you on the board, and then you want to reach out and give them a little friendly strangle and explain to them why that's not such a good idea... but you can't. So, just visit the CS, and avoid that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Good morning, woke up to temps in the upper 30s, the weather people claim it's partly cloudy with wintery precipitation...... Guess they haven't looked out side, it's heavily low hanging overcast but no precipt...... good! Gotta head up to the Springs in about a half hour.

I have friends that hold different political views and even Mrs. Liberty cancels out my vote on occasion. The difference is, I know them as a whole person versus a message board where about all I do know is their political opinions. Dislike of their view can quickly become out and out hate for some.

When I came back here, I decided to point out facts and try to find things my opposing poster and I could agree on. There have been a few. Throwing in a little humor to ease the gap in thought. This is the only way the country as a whole can heal and work together better.

Regretfully, the religion section is filled with damaged souls lashing out. I was so hoping to have a nice discussion with a few fellow believers.

The advice given here is sound. I can hang out with you and visit my kitty friends too. It also has come to my attention that the opposition politically is more bothered by me than the reverse. :)

You are all charged with having a good day and helping others. May success be yours.

Good night everyone. I am thinking a break from USMB is in order. Too many threads spewing hate towards Christians and minorities and that doesn't even begin to cover the general hate toward opposing points of political views. I feel I need to be more positive and it is a struggle when you post here, to be that way. Maybe tomorrow I will feel differently.
/hug

Rained like hell for a half hour here too. We got an inch in that time. It's supposed to clear up by this evening and cool off considerably. High of 82 today, 57 by dawn 72 the high tomorrow and going down to about 49 by dawn. Yippee!!! No AC needed for a while.

You can always just avoid the other areas for a while and stick to the CS! :D
That's exactly what I do. It does your general well being no good at all when some bubble head here runs their little smart ass mouth to you on the board, and then you want to reach out and give them a little friendly strangle and explain to them why that's not such a good idea... but you can't. So, just visit the CS, and avoid that.
Everyone has to find their own way of dealing with negativity. My way works perfectly for me.: I don't subscribe to any threads. I don't enter threads with vitriol going on. I don't argue opinions. I use my ignore list, albeit, lightly. I don't enter controversial threads with any mods posting in them and avoid most posts by liberals. I know where they are coming from. There are some libs I have grown fond of over the years, so I don't read anything they have to say about politics. I prefer to run into them here in the CS.

As I take my morning shower, I will no doubt think of other ways I make my experience here, a positive one. :D

Garage sale update:

Thursday was not a good day for a small sale with intermittent rain. I gave Mrs. Liberty $15 to help with making change. She brought in about $10. Didn't have the gall to ask for the $15 back.

Good morning all. Up early so I would be out of bed and coherent when our roofers arrive to do the yearly maintenance. It has been downright chilly mornings lately--high 30's or low 40's for lows--so we're having the swamp cooler winterized in the morning and switch over to the furnace. Our nights have become definitely fall like finally at night--still warm days but mostly high 70's. The mountains are shimmering gold with great color in the aspens this year.

Folks are already pouring into the city for the annual Balloon Fiesta that kicks off in the morning with the first mass ascension--by tonight it will be very difficult to find a motel room within 60 miles around here. Looks like gorgeous weather for the week long event--no systems expected at least for several days so light winds, cold mornings (great for ballooning) and warm days to enjoy the sights and activities in the afternoons. Already there were a lot of balloons up this morning as the early arrivals and locals are flying for fun. (And maybe a bit of profit offering balloon rides.)

From last year to give perspective of how big some of these balloons are:

100929-shapedballoons-01.jpg

Some of the smaller ones:

fiesta-balloons-people-s.jpg

Here's wishing you all a good Friday.

Tonight begins YOM KIPPUR (day of atonement) for our Jewish brethren in USMB, arguably the most holy day in the entire year, and a fasting period of slightly over 24 hours. It starts this evening with KOL NIDRE and will end tomorrow evening. So, as of tonight, as was the case at Rosh Hashonah, I will be offline during that time.

Enjoy your coffee today!

Wishing you a great YOM KIPPUR, and I won't mention food, I promise.

Pouring rain here in Chattanooga. Didn't see it coming, gonna get soaked. Phooey.

We had our rain the previous two weeks. Dry out. We will have sun for the next seven days.

What a disappointment for us. The weatherman claimed we were getting a storm last night, that it would probably get her around 10:00....well, surprise, surprise, nary a drop!
Thank goodness that it is cool and we have some clouds, my plants are not stressing out as much as they had been in the 90+ degree weather.

Forum List

Back