USMB Coffee Shop IV

Did you or did you not say party in the Coffee Shop at 10?

:banana::beer::party::woohoo:

I brought the chips and salsa.:thup:

s-CHIPS-AND-SALSA-large640.jpg

Afternoon all!
Third class for the week is over, and once again Sensei asked me if I was okay as I went pale. It reminds me that I have to fight the urge to put in 100% as my body won't be capable of that for several weeks yet.
The hardest thing about recovery is knowing that you can no longer do what you used to. Your body cannot give you enough energy to get through something you once thought easy.

Bit frustrating, but it happens to others too.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
BBD's shoulder,
Mertex,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Went to the gym tonight, decided to do just some weights to see what I could manage. I did warm up my legs on the bike first, did three ks which I was happy about, but on the weights, I was shocked to learn that my strength has declined as well as my energy levels. I knew things wouldn't be as good as they were and I was prepared for that, I just wasn't expecting to feel completely defeated and at a loss as to what, exactly I can do for exercise.

Feeling a bit frustrated. Getting out and moving is better than sitting around at home doing nothing, but I need to work out what I am capable of because everything gets me so out of breath and dizzy. Weird.

On a happier note, I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Daylight Savings starts here tomorrow morning (I hate daylight savings) and I am not looking forward to it. Never liked it.

Went to the gym tonight, decided to do just some weights to see what I could manage. I did warm up my legs on the bike first, did three ks which I was happy about, but on the weights, I was shocked to learn that my strength has declined as well as my energy levels. I knew things wouldn't be as good as they were and I was prepared for that, I just wasn't expecting to feel completely defeated and at a loss as to what, exactly I can do for exercise.

Feeling a bit frustrated. Getting out and moving is better than sitting around at home doing nothing, but I need to work out what I am capable of because everything gets me so out of breath and dizzy. Weird.
Fighting anything, even a common cold takes a lot out of the body, the body uses quite a bit of energy in it's own defense so yeah, your body's gonna need time and work to get back to normal, just don't try to overdo or rush it.

Good happy Saturday morning, all. No joy in mudville, the Dodgers lost, but the USU Aggies whipped BYU Kittens badly.

I'm back! Shoulder is all healed up now and doesn't hurt at all. Once again I am firing on all pistons. Interesting day here. I woke up at 0800 and it was cold, and I have seen the first snow flakes of the coming winter here. We had some rain/snow mix and I can't say I am very happy about that. Also today is Mrs. BBD's birthday. She turned 65 today. I've never found myself in bed with a 65 year old lady before so I'm on new ground here. I have to say though, she looks pretty darned good for 65! She is off with a friend at the annual Autumn on Parade here this morning and probably for most of the afternoon looking at all the crafts and stuff they are selling. Taco and I are hanging out here at the house. Well, time for more coffee. More later.

Any advice, BBD? I'm considering sleeping with a 65 year old come next June.

58 at wake up this morning and 65 at 11:19. Gotta head in early today. Poker starts at 2 PM.

Y'all have a great Saturday!

Hey! I got the property tax bill in the mail just now. It has gone up about 20% to a whopping $265/year.

Good morning all. A glorious day here--the mass ascension got off without a hitch into a brilliant clear blue sky this morning. Will be in the low to mid 40's for lows all week but into the high seventies or low 80's for highs--perfect weather for the Fiesta.

Looks weird to look at the national map and there is no precipitation anywhere west of the great lakes except for some tiny showers in the Dakotas. First time the map has looked like that in a long time for us here in the monsoon states, i.e. Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado. . . .and that is really bad for California that remains seriously parched.

I think I shall fold towels and wash cloths today. They have been piling up for some time in a huge laundry basket in the laundry room and it now threatens to overflow. Procrastination is working well.

More coffee. A great Saturday everybody and Yom Kippur continues until sundown for our Jewish friends.

The first wave lifting off this morning. . .(the special shapes are not usually launched in the first wave). . . .they launch 100 at a time in successive waves until all are up.

1.jpg

What it looks like from the air as they are starting to inflate:

Albuquerque-International-Balloon-Fiesta.jpg

Last edited:
I remember small property tax bills in the South, yes.

We have a huge discount here in SLC for 65 and over, and other things for veterans.

The city is far more veteran friendly that forty years ago, for which I am grateful.

Forum List

Back