USMB Coffee Shop IV

The worst thing about winter is women's feet.

I'm in bed with a woman, and she feels oh so good and soft and warm and delightful, and (ok, I'll stop right there, don't wanna cause any coronaries), and then she touches me with

So, I am not thrilled about winterizing.

You could give her a foot massage before getting in bed after her soaking her feet in warm water.

I've gone that route a number of times....

Well okay....I'll have to tell Mr Mertex, he often complains like you......:D

Warming up my tootsies between my ex's thighs is one of the few things that I miss about him.:lol:

Cruel and unusual punishment!!!

He never complained.:dunno:

So in Chattanooga, not 250 miles away and more or less same latitude, I had 87 degree afternoons. Back home here it's 42, going down to 33 overnight. I just spent a couple of hours winterizing.

I still have tomatoes on the vines.

I'm in bed with a woman, and she feels oh so good and soft and warm and delightful, and (ok, I'll stop right there, don't wanna cause any coronaries), and then she touches me with

You could give her a foot massage before getting in bed after her soaking her feet in warm water.

Warming up my tootsies between my ex's thighs is one of the few things that I miss about him.:lol:
I have thighs. Just sayin'.

We made a run up to the Springs today, checked out a few houses plus put some stuff in storage. The wife is still looking for jobs including Albuquerque because on a lark I looked up houses for sale and rentals...... Like the prices and what we've seen so far. May make a trip down there next week to take a good look around, see if it's something we really want to do. Seen some really good deals west and northwest of Albuquerque, some in east Albuquerque but have been told before that the east side is less than desirable, higher crime. :dunno:

Not at all. Some of Albuquerque's finest neighborhoods are on the east side. I live on the east side in what I believe to be Albuquerque's best high school district. Have great neighbors, good but not nit picky aesthetics, and crime is just something we don't worry about around here. Worst things that have happened is our next door neighbor's tree got tee-peed (he's the vice-principal and athletic director at the high school) and one Halloween the kids threw a large fire cracker in our mailbox. And that's pretty much it.

We prefer the east side because almost all of the hospitals, medical facilities, and our shopping and service networks are on this side of the river and Albuquerque doesn't have enough bridges. But there are some really good property values on the west side too. We have friends and relatives on both sides of the river.

The west side is growing because that is mostly the only direction Albuquerque has to grow. It is butted up against the mountains on the east as far as it can go--Kirtland AFB and the airport is sprawled out along the southern boundary, and the Sandia Indian Reservation and Rio Rancho forms the northern boundary. So we keep building west.

The area you want to avoid is parts of the southeast in what is affectionately known as the war zone. Gangland and drug runners but some nice folks live in that area too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Right now we're listening to the thump-thump-thump of the big fireworks display at the Balloon Fiesta--they end each evening's activities with a fireworks show.

But do you complain?

We made a run up to the Springs today, checked out a few houses plus put some stuff in storage. The wife is still looking for jobs including Albuquerque because on a lark I looked up houses for sale and rentals...... Like the prices and what we've seen so far. May make a trip down there next week to take a good look around, see if it's something we really want to do. Seen some really good deals west and northwest of Albuquerque, some in east Albuquerque but have been told before that the east side is less than desirable, higher crime. :dunno:

Not at all. Some of Albuquerque's finest neighborhoods are on the east side. I live on the east side in what I believe to be Albuquerque's best high school district. Have great neighbors, good but not nit picky aesthetics, and crime is just something we don't worry about around here. Worst things that have happened is our next door neighbor's tree got tee-peed (he's the vice-principal and athletic director at the high school) and one Halloween the kids threw a large fire cracker in our mailbox. And that's pretty much it.

We prefer the east side because almost all of the hospitals, medical facilities, and our shopping and service networks are on this side of the river and Albuquerque doesn't have enough bridges. But there are some really good property values on the west side too. We have friends and relatives on both sides of the river.

The west side is growing because that is mostly the only direction Albuquerque has to grow. It is butted up against the mountains on the east as far as it can go--Kirtland AFB and the airport is sprawled out along the southern boundary, and the Sandia Indian Reservation and Rio Rancho forms the northern boundary. So we keep building west.

The area you want to avoid is parts of the southeast in what is affectionately known as the war zone. Gangland and drug runners but some nice folks live in that area too.
I'm seeing some awesome foreclosure and auction sales, mostly in Rio Rancho and western suburbs but also some to the east. We're talking (foreclosure) prices for good sized homes under 50K and auctions starting at $10, which will obviously go much higher due to the fact many of these homes are over 3000 square feet, though the bank foreclosure estimates are under 100K.
With my inheritance and moneys from SSDI, when it comes in, is more than enough for one of the 50-60K homes with 30K + left over. :thup:
We're seriously considering it as nothing has come from the job search in Colorado Springs (he's been looking since we got down here to Trinidad.). Heck, I might start flipping homes........

I'm ready for Fall.

Okay, you're not going to get that in Texas. Maybe a little bit of that up in Lost Maples, but it would be nice. I have a Chinese Pistache (well 3 of them, but 2 are still small), and it turns yellow and then red.....but it's a lone wolf in my yard.
You can get some nice color in East Texas during the Fall my grandparents lived there looked great at Thanksgiving.

But do you complain?

Rarely. and never about cold feet between my thighs.

Went to the gym tonight, decided to do just some weights to see what I could manage. I did warm up my legs on the bike first, did three ks which I was happy about, but on the weights, I was shocked to learn that my strength has declined as well as my energy levels. I knew things wouldn't be as good as they were and I was prepared for that, I just wasn't expecting to feel completely defeated and at a loss as to what, exactly I can do for exercise.

Feeling a bit frustrated. Getting out and moving is better than sitting around at home doing nothing, but I need to work out what I am capable of because everything gets me so out of breath and dizzy. Weird.
Fighting anything, even a common cold takes a lot out of the body, the body uses quite a bit of energy in it's own defense so yeah, your body's gonna need time and work to get back to normal, just don't try to overdo or rush it.

At least it's nothing I need to be overly concerned about. Things will get better in their own time. :)

Went to a book fair being held at a local YMCA. All paperback books were just $2 each and hard cover books were $4. All in great condition. I spent $40 there and came home with three massive bags of books, about fifty in all. Got myself SIX hard cover John Grisham novels, too, all in perfect condition.

I think I got a bit carried away, haha...but I am a right bookworm. :)

I'm seeing some awesome foreclosure and auction sales, mostly in Rio Rancho and western suburbs but also some to the east. We're talking (foreclosure) prices for good sized homes under 50K and auctions starting at $10, which will obviously go much higher due to the fact many of these homes are over 3000 square feet, though the bank foreclosure estimates are under 100K.
With my inheritance and moneys from SSDI, when it comes in, is more than enough for one of the 50-60K homes with 30K + left over. :thup:
We're seriously considering it as nothing has come from the job search in Colorado Springs (he's been looking since we got down here to Trinidad.). Heck, I might start flipping homes........
She's been looking, she...... No it's not a Freudian slip, heck it's not even a Fredrick's slip....... :lol:

Went to a book fair being held at a local YMCA. All paperback books were just $2 each and hard cover books were $4. All in great condition. I spent $40 there and came home with three massive bags of books, about fifty in all. Got myself SIX hard cover John Grisham novels, too, all in perfect condition.

I don't think you can get too carried away when it comes to books. Congrats on your score!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Greetings, Everyone.
I'm thinking I might have to shop around for a new veterinarian. Although I've been taking my fur-fam to this vet's clinic for 26 years, they cater to the horsey crowd and have gotten quite expensive. One of my senior citizen kitties (18 yrs) has been slurping and burbling, eyes runny, etc. I was afraid she might have pneumonia so I took her to the doc's (Thurs). Let's do blood tests, xrays, some other stuff. Preliminary diagnosis, age-related kitty asthma or maybe hyperthyroidism. Send the blood work to a lab for further analysis. The tab for all this, $725!!! Holy, moly! I took a deep breath and paid the bill. Took kitty home with some antibiotics. She hates me now, she hates having to take medication.
So, fast forward to Friday. I get home from work and am greeting my little puppy. I notice a golf-ball sized swelling on her jawline. Holy crap! What now. Another trip to the vet's. She's got a blocked saliva gland. Vet recommends surgery. After the little surprise the day before, I ask for a guesstamate for the cost...around $1200!!! WTF! We came home with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. I've also been applying hot compresses. Some one must have seen me coming. I cannot afford $1200 for surgery for the dog. Damn!
OK, vent over. I'm going to ask around and see whether I cannot find a new vet.

I don't think you can get too carried away when it comes to books. Congrats on your score!

Thanks. One of my friends went there as well and came home with an armload as well.

Forum List

Back