USMB Coffee Shop IV

A month ago I replaced my old hard drive with a much larger (1 TB) one. Did a fresh install using the Windows 7 disc I had used on the old one...... Today I get a message on the desktop saying it needed to be activated, okay, I activate it....... Suddenly I have a black screen (with my icons and taskbar showing) with a message that says:
Windows 7 Build 1706, This is not a genuine copy of Windows.......... :wtf:
Call tech support, give them the product key, sorry, that key is not valid, you can't use it....... :mad:
They wouldn't listen, basically claiming it's a pirated copy...... :mad: :mad:
Finally I told em Microsoft just lost a customer.
I did fix it so the black screen and message went away, uninstalled the activation update and made sure it will never come up again when it want's to update.........
This is the last Windows product I will ever purchase from Microsoft.

Not a fan of okra 'cept in gumbo.

Tell you what... If you have a couple hours to spare while you're in Fairhope, take a ride to Foley and stop by Doc Holliday's. I'd love to have you try Max's bushwhackers or even his bloody Marry. They come with pickled okra, even.

Ernie, have you been to Lambert's Cafe?? I am not a big veggie fan, and never would have imagined eating okra. However, back in the day when I lived in SW MO for 13 years, I tried the fried okra at Lambert's in Ozark and thought it was quite tasty, especially when with a dab of the Country Crock spread packets at the tables. I really miss their hot throwed rolls.:thup:

Spent the last wonderful day with our daughter who will depart for California early a.m. Will catch up with the CS doings after she departs tomorrow.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mrs. Hossfly (Liz) and Hossfly,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I would be quite happy living there, Ernie, but Mrs Te would most definitely divorce me! :D

Where we do live was part of a farm and on the edge of the woods. We can sit outside in the evening and unless a cop sets off his siren or a train going by on the track a mile away blows it's horn all we hear are the birds. Oh, and we have a lot of birds. All kinds of birds from finches to eagles. There are flamingoes on the lake and New Jersey geese everywhere. They used to be called Canadian geese but I think that so many generations have been born in the USA they are now permanent residents. They even have their own Geese Police to keep them off the golf course and school playing fields.

I've driven through the rural areas of New Jersey and New York.....such beautiful sights. I would love to have a house out in that area, but, I don't know that I can stand that much cold weather............:ack-1:

We have central heating up here! :D Just ask Spoonman. He does his the hard way by chopping up wood.
Yeah, which means we can't ride our Harley for at least 9 months.....argh..............:D
I can ride all year. Sorry about that.

So can we.....but not if we lived in NY, NJ.
I rode all year in Connecticut. The first path dug through the snow was from the bike to the street.
Probably 6 or 7 years of my life, I didn't even own a cage.

Not a fan of okra 'cept in gumbo.

Tell you what... If you have a couple hours to spare while you're in Fairhope, take a ride to Foley and stop by Doc Holliday's. I'd love to have you try Max's bushwhackers or even his bloody Marry. They come with pickled okra, even.

Ernie, have you been to Lambert's Cafe?? I am not a big veggie fan, and never would have imagined eating okra. However, back in the day when I lived in SW MO for 13 years, I tried the fried okra at Lambert's in Ozark and thought it was quite tasty, especially when with a dab of the Country Crock spread packets at the tables. I really miss their hot throwed rolls.:thup:
There's a Lambert's here in Foley and I've eaten there several times. I'm not a big fan, but visitors get a roll "throwed" at them. If you do make it back this way, you have to try Fish River Grill. Some damned good eatin' there foe shore.

I'm viewed with suspicion and will likely never be asked to join the Klan, but I'll live with it. (and without okra)

Well I wouldn't want you to join the Klan, but I honestly don't know how anybody can call himself an honest to goodness southerner and not love fried okra.
I'm really not interested in hanging out with a few 90 year olds who only meet at funerals. The Klan is all but dead here. Yes the "N" word is used here, but no more often than up north.

Okra doesn't taste all that bad to me. It's the way it feels in my mouth; like something I should be spitting out.

But, it doesn't feel slimy when it's fried......at least I have never noticed.
It does to me. I won't eat raw oysters either.

I've never had raw oysters either, but I like them fried, and broiled..........yummmy!
Try Oysters Rockefeller some time. They're to die for.

Good morning, everyone.

My dog, Klia, -whom I wrote about yesterday - has taken a turn for the worse. The vet told me as he was injected the pooch yesterday with cortisone that there would probably be side-effects, not the least of which is the pancreas - and the dog already has had and barely survived pancreatitis. She refuses to eat, refuses to drink. I had to place her pill in a little bit of liverwurst and place it in her mouth, hold her mouth shut and wait until she swallowed in order to get antibiotic in her. This happened once before, in February of 2012, but she could still mostly go on foot. This time, she really is "bedridden"

She can't even get up on her own anymore and is too weak to yelp over the pain. Since vets don't work on the weekend in Germany, the only real option for me is to make life as comfortable for her as possible and if she hasn't already died by Monday (which I consider to be a real possibility), then I will take her to the vet and have him put her down.

My daughter and I, we got back from the Oktoberfest at about 1 am this morning and my friend(s) who watched Klia for us really went above and beyond the call of duty. She peed all over my buddy as he was carrying her down the steps, so his wife drove home and brought him another set of clothes to wear. That is true friendship.

Because of the Oktoberfest from yesterday, I really thought my daughter would sleep-in forever this morning, so I snuck out the door at 9 am with the pooch in my arms and when I got back, I was with the pooch on the floor, giving her her meds, cleaning out her ears, giving her water by the dropper-full and gently talking to her. I was actually quite unaware of the tears coming down my cheek, but then I a felt a small hand touch my shoulder and my daughter hugged me from behind and we both cried together. My daughter asked if I was planning to have Klia put down and I simply told her the truth: that is is likely unavoidable, that death is also part of the life-cycle, and that she should use this weekend to say her goodbyes. And then my little daughter sat down next to me, petted the dog and helped to clean out her ear and give her some water with the dropper.

I just went with the pooch for a second time today and got her to lick exactly one spoonful of water before turning her head away.

So, with the dog bundled up, my daughter and I are going swimming for a while. There is nothing we can do and the pooch will sleep for four or five hours, anyway. Just 10 steps once I get her on her feet just totally wears her out.

I feel pretty ripped-up inside. Having to say goodbye to a true companion like my dog is very, very difficult.

-Stat

Good morning, everyone.

My dog, Klia, -whom I wrote about yesterday - has taken a turn for the worse. The vet told me as he was injected the pooch yesterday with cortisone that there would probably be side-effects, not the least of which is the pancreas - and the dog already has had and barely survived pancreatitis. She refuses to eat, refuses to drink. I had to place her pill in a little bit of liverwurst and place it in her mouth, hold her mouth shut and wait until she swallowed in order to get antibiotic in her. This happened once before, in February of 2012, but she could still mostly go on foot. This time, she really is "bedridden"

She can't even get up on her own anymore and is too weak to yelp over the pain. Since vets don't work on the weekend in Germany, the only real option for me is to make life as comfortable for her as possible and if she hasn't already died by Monday (which I consider to be a real possibility), then I will take her to the vet and have him put her down.

My daughter and I, we got back from the Oktoberfest at about 1 am this morning and my friend(s) who watched Klia for us really went above and beyond the call of duty. She peed all over my buddy as he was carrying her down the steps, so his wife drove home and brought him another set of clothes to wear. That is true friendship.

Because of the Oktoberfest from yesterday, I really thought my daughter would sleep-in forever this morning, so I snuck out the door at 9 am with the pooch in my arms and when I got back, I was with the pooch on the floor, giving her her meds, cleaning out her ears, giving her water by the dropper-full and gently talking to her. I was actually quite unaware of the tears coming down my cheek, but then I a felt a small hand touch my shoulder and my daughter hugged me from behind and we both cried together. My daughter asked if I was planning to have Klia put down and I simply told her the truth: that is is likely unavoidable, that death is also part of the life-cycle, and that she should use this weekend to say her goodbyes. And then my little daughter sat down next to me, petted the dog and helped to clean out her ear and give her some water with the dropper.

I just went with the pooch for a second time today and got her to lick exactly one spoonful of water before turning her head away.

So, with the dog bundled up, my daughter and I are going swimming for a while. There is nothing we can do and the pooch will sleep for four or five hours, anyway. Just 10 steps once I get her on her feet just totally wears her out.

I feel pretty ripped-up inside. Having to say goodbye to a true companion like my dog is very, very difficult.

-Stat

03fd3497f43cc725f5ab6636ed40b632.jpg

Peace be with you, your daughter and your beloved Klia, Stat.

Take care
Deri

Good morning, everyone.

-Stat

Oh Stat, the tears came reading this. I can imagine what the two of you are feeling. It has been some years since we had our last beloved companion put down and there are few things in life tougher to do. Sending all possible comforting thoughts across the distance.

Morning mdk and everybody. I am up hours before my usual rising time. We'll have a quick breakfast this morning and then will have to watch daughter and her doggy companion drive away yet again. It's harder this time because even though she is going to a familiar place for her, it seems so far away. And no matter how old you or they get, you never stop worrying about your kids.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to Truman123 and natrualgas who are both new to USMB and are joining us for the first time in the Coffee Shop. Welcome and we're happy to have you, hung over or not. You'll find the Coffee Shop a welcome respite from the too often contentiousness of some of the other forums.

Your first timers complimentary beverages:

8087061625_34942a3964_z.jpg

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to Truman123 and natrualgas who are both new to USMB and are joining us for the first time in the Coffee Shop. Welcome and we're happy to have you, hung over or not. You'll find the Coffee Shop a welcome respite from the too often contentiousness of some of the other forums.

Your first timers complimentary beverages:

8087061625_34942a3964_z.jpg
Much appreciated!

Forum List

Back