USMB Coffee Shop IV

You have been given the gift of time to adjust Stat. I always gave my cats a last day filled with food they liked and time with me before the vet visit. Also dug the grave in advance, that is tough to do after.

Klia will be cremated. I just called the vet and left a message on the machine that I will be bringing the dog there tomorrow at 10 am to have her put down. This is of course assuming that the dog lives through the night.

Love and prayers to Klia (and you). I am so sorry, Stat.

Edited because my reply ended up inside the quote box.

Good morning all. Still send prayers of strength and comfort to Stat and his daughter. Another crisp and gorgeous bright blue morning in Albuquerque with a chance for showers later. But that chance for rain means there will be white fluffly clouds gathering over the high terrain and drifting overhead from time to time making for quite beautiful skies and a chance for a beautiful sunset.

New Mexico sunsets can be amazing:
33_1059876048_1060_0002_002.jpg

Send best wishes for a good Sunday for all. Hombre and I are having a light breakfast and I will be preaching at the Rehab center later this morning. And we'll bring tacos home for lunch. Life is good.

Good morning everyone....home early as our friends didn't make it to church this morning....didn't get to go to Cracker Barrel as we usually do every Sunday. Fixing my own coffee and biscuits....not quite Cracker Barrel, but probably saving a bit of money. I'll be back..............:)

69.8 degrees here in Foley at noon. The humidity is so low the coffee is sticking in the burr grinder and making coffee is messy. The weather guesser says a high of 75.
The poker gods were kind yesterday afternoon and I will be eating this week.

You have been given the gift of time to adjust Stat. I always gave my cats a last day filled with food they liked and time with me before the vet visit. Also dug the grave in advance, that is tough to do after.

Klia will be cremated. I just called the vet and left a message on the machine that I will be bringing the dog there tomorrow at 10 am to have her put down. This is of course assuming that the dog lives through the night.

We will all be thinking of you and Klia. It does sound like you're making the right decision but the vet can tell you better. As I've said, it never gets easy, even when we know its the right thing to do.

We owe our animal companions certain things - a decent end is surely among the most important.

Give her a hug from me and be gentle with yourself.

All of our prayers are with you and your daughter over the sad news of your beloved dog.
It is very difficult when you have to say good bye to your pets, but your dog will be much happier on the other side.
Klia had a very good long life here on Earth and was a very good companion.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away from Gracie or Karma or Moki if they were in their last legs of life.

Last edited:
Every day is a beautiful day in Cowtown, TX. Wish it would rain though. We've had about 20 minutes of rain the past 6 weeks.

Hopefully the predicted El Nino will help with this interminable drought even as far east as Cowtown. We have relatives coming out of the woodwork in those parts and both Hombre and I have lived there when we were much younger and go back fairly often to visit. I wish I could say it was always beautiful to me but I also think of hot/humid summers, ice storms in winter, occasional hail storms and tornadoes, chiggers, and fire ants none of which we have much of on the high desert. Ya'll have a lot more green grass and leafy trees than we do when it does rain though.

Hopefully I've finally ended the saga of the swamp gas smell in the bathroom........ For about a month we've had a swamp gas (sewer) smell emanating from the bathroom, occasionally strong, sometimes non existent. Had contacted the property manager who sent out a repairman but he couldn't smell anything and couldn't find anything. A week later we demanded he come back and replace the wax ring which he did but he used the cheap small ring with a flange. Well, it knocked the smell down for a few days but it came back just as strong, okay, he comes back with a can of Flex Seal (as seen on TV) goes under the house and sprays all the waste line joints just in case. Note: DO NOT use this stuff indoors with out opening every door and window with fans blowing out!!!!!!!!
Nope, doesn't work, I know it's the tiny wax ring but he swears it will do the job. I Just finished putting another small wax ring (no flange) on top of the one he installed and reinstalled the toilet. Now it's a waiting game to see if I was correct.......

Forum List

Back