USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was a day ahead of myself, there Wednesday, in case anybody noticed.....so I doubled checked the calendar this morning.....:D

412184-tgif_everybody_thank_god_it_s_friday_origin_word_friday.jpg

A little bit of levity:

It was our second anniversary, and my husband sent me flowers at the office. He told the florist to write “Happy Anniversary, Year Number 2? on the card.

I was thrilled with the flowers, but not so pleased about the card. It read “Happy Anniversary. You’re Number 2.”

It's Friday. We should all show up at Ollie's house tonight for a big party. Say, maybe 1830. I'll bring a bunch of those red plastic cups and a bag of chips. Somebody else bring something too. Oh, I'm bringing Taco along.

Damn, I'm almost two hundred years late... :mad:

Well, night before last little brother (59) went to the hospital with something stuck in his throat. he was eating what he called some fallin off the bone ribs....

They kept him over night, fed him some soft breakfast and it got stuck. We were afraid it was his throat cancer coming back, and it may be but he's not telling us if it is...

Waited all day for an update but my landline is out and very few have my cell number...

Finally:
Just got a call from oldest brother...He was at the hospital....

Put little brother on the phone.

He says his flapper isn't flapping. Food and drink was getting stuck and sometimes going into his lungs.

They are teaching him how to use some kind of eating tube and then he'll go home and have a visiting nurse 3 to 4 times a week stop at the house.

he'll be in the hospital for at least a week and probably have to use this tube for 3 to 4 months....

I don't even pretend to understand......

So I guess he goes on the list until we know what the hey is going on.......

Well, night before last little brother (59) went to the hospital with something stuck in his throat. he was eating what he called some fallin off the bone ribs....

They kept him over night, fed him some soft breakfast and it got stuck. We were afraid it was his throat cancer coming back, and it may be but he's not telling us if it is...

Waited all day for an update but my landline is out and very few have my cell number...

Finally:

He says his flapper isn't flapping. Food and drink was getting stuck and sometimes going into his lungs.

They are teaching him how to use some kind of eating tube and then he'll go home and have a visiting nurse 3 to 4 times a week stop at the house.

he'll be in the hospital for at least a week and probably have to use this tube for 3 to 4 months....

That's not good news, Ollie. Hope everything will be ok with your little brother.

Finally:

That's not good news, Ollie. Hope everything will be ok with your little brother.

Well, there's a thing about little brother....They told him when he was 48 that he'd never make it to 50. He turned 59 a month ago....He doesn't seem too concerned but the prayers from the CS Prayer list can't hurt.....

Finally:

Well, there's a thing about little brother....They told him when he was 48 that he'd never make it to 50. He turned 59 a month ago....He doesn't seem too concerned but the prayers from the CS Prayer list can't hurt.....

You're right. Prayer never hurts anything or any situation. Often helps to bring peace of mind.

Finally:

Prayers have often worked for me. Hope your little brother gets through this ok, Ollie. My prayers are with him.

"I believe in prayer. It is the best way to draw strength from heaven." - Josephine Baker

Forum List

Back