USMB Coffee Shop IV

Has anyone ventured into any of the other OP's posted on the board today? It's all garbage. This board is truly sinking into the gutter. It's very difficult to find anyplace that's worth the time to even consider posting in except for the Coffee Shop. I'm going to give the board a short while to get better and if it doesn't I will very soon be leaving USMB for good. 90% of everything that's being posted these days is pretty disgusting. I'm getting very tired of it. It's almost not worth my time to even log on to the site any more. I find very very few OP's that are even worth the time to completely read and consider a response. The Coffee Shop, the only place I consider a good place to hang out in on this board even seems to be taking on a different flavor. Maybe it's me. I don't know but what I do know is that this board isn't very much fun any more and I am strongly considering finding something more productive to do with my time. Am I alone in my observations?
wild isn't it? libs/cons to the max. nobody's right if everybody's wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Has anyone ventured into any of the other OP's posted on the board today? It's all garbage. This board is truly sinking into the gutter. It's very difficult to find anyplace that's worth the time to even consider posting in except for the Coffee Shop. I'm going to give the board a short while to get better and if it doesn't I will very soon be leaving USMB for good. 90% of everything that's being posted these days is pretty disgusting. I'm getting very tired of it. It's almost not worth my time to even log on to the site any more. I find very very few OP's that are even worth the time to completely read and consider a response. The Coffee Shop, the only place I consider a good place to hang out in on this board even seems to be taking on a different flavor. Maybe it's me. I don't know but what I do know is that this board isn't very much fun any more and I am strongly considering finding something more productive to do with my time. Am I alone in my observations?
I hear ya, pard. I don't venture anywhere else on the board either. It's a damn cess pool, and since I cant reach through my computer and choke anyone, I don't need the aggravation.

What RIngel said. I am doing most of my serious on line discussion elsewhere where the rules are more uniform and somewhat stricter and enforced which cuts down on a lot of the really stupid stuff, but the Coffee Shop and the very occasional intelligent discussion at USMB keeps me here. But the trolls, idiots, and other exercises in futility are everywhere. It isn't just here.

It is the election cycle that makes some segments of the internet world more crazy than usual. Please nobody make any rash decisions until after the election and the dust settles. Then maybe the paid disruptors and professional trolls will go elsewhere. We can hope.

Snow plow prep package, park assist, 3.73 rear end built in Flint, MI. I checked.
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

1379657_415757488546644_795712216_n.jpg

Snow plow prep package, park assist, 3.73 rear end built in Flint, MI. I checked.
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

But do you really want to pull a trailer? I wouldn't want all the hassle. If I was driving to Alaska I would want to be able to take the interesting little side road or check out something interesting along the way that might not be so easy to do with a trailer in tow or that you have to find a safe place to park it and all. But that's just me.

I'd be thrilled to have a discussion that didn't end up about race, muslims, othersexual or name calling the other party. I'm pretty done with those topics. I like it here in the CS and the kitty thread. I'm not ready to exit, but I'm not in much of a headspace to venture out into the gutter.

Its Alaska, everything is a side road...

But to get there from Wisconsin, you would go through a lot of U.S. states plus the whole length of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory or a whole lot of Canada.
Yeah I'd drive clear over through Montana and visit my sister and her family there on the way, then through Idaho and visit my niece, then probably clear over to Seattle to head up the ALCAN. Got a cousin in Seattle too.

Ah yes, I was bad. Spam sammich for lunch....... Hey, it's been 6 to 8 months (or more) since my last one so I guess it's not that bad.
It 's full of salt, Ringel. Careful with that. I'm a salt freak and now I'm salt restricted. It bites but I have to live without it now.
6217.jpg

Hey, I eat it about once a year at most. One of the reasons I don't eat a lot of bacon, loaded with sodium and unlike Spam I could eat pounds of bacon daily...........
I miss bacon and sausage. I went to the movies and didn't get popcorn because I couldn't salt it. This is changing my life too much. :(

Can you say why you are salt restricted? Is it a mandatory thing or a personal choice?
Yes, this illness has to do with hypertension in the lungs. I do eat lots of other tasty foods because I really got thin in the hospital and need to gain a few pounds but like Ringel, I like salty foods too. Every morning in the hospital I had pancakes and turkey bacon. Pancakes were great but that bacon... I wasn't loving it. :)

Its Alaska, everything is a side road...

But to get there from Wisconsin, you would go through a lot of U.S. states plus the whole length of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory or a whole lot of Canada.
Yeah I'd drive clear over through Montana and visit my sister and her family there on the way, then through Idaho and visit my niece, then probably clear over to Seattle to head up the ALCAN. Got a cousin in Seattle too.

Come pick me up. I could use an escape and was just thinking Alaska. Watched Buying Alaska today while folding clothes. The place outside Denali National Park (sp?) Was gorgeous.

Forum List

Back