USMB Coffee Shop IV

Its Alaska, everything is a side road...

But to get there from Wisconsin, you would go through a lot of U.S. states plus the whole length of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory or a whole lot of Canada.
Yeah I'd drive clear over through Montana and visit my sister and her family there on the way, then through Idaho and visit my niece, then probably clear over to Seattle to head up the ALCAN. Got a cousin in Seattle too.

Come pick me up. I could use an escape and was just thinking Alaska. Watched Buying Alaska today while folding clothes. The place outside Denali National Park (sp?) Was gorgeous.
I did too... :lol:

They had kind of a "Buying Alaska" marathon on today. I watched them all, then looked at houses in Alaska on Zillow.

Did you ever type your own address into your browser. It brings it up on Zillow and it is almost scary how much information is there.
Hmmm... close but no cookie when I type in my address. But you have to remember, I am in the sticks. They have more information about Alaska than they do parts of back woods Wisconsin. I guess they just don't care much about us.

Jimmy Dean sausage... just slice it in the wrapping, discard the wrapping, flatten each patty a little and right into the frying pan. Best sausage made, bar none.

Jimmy Dean sausage is really good and we usually buy it unless another brand we also like is on sale. There's not a lot of extraneous fat in it. Hombre makes our home verson of McDonald's sausage mcmuffins. He toasts two halves of the English muffins then makes a sandwich of it it with a good cooked thin sausage patty and a slice of cheese. The cheese needs to be put on while the muffin is very hot and even then he might microwave it just a bit to make sure it is hot all the way through and the cheese has melted a bit. But they are yummy.

Jimmy Dean was from Hombre's home town. I got to interview him once for the Plainview Daily Herald--really nice guy. His brother, not so nice a guy, was our milk man who delivered milk in glass gallon containers to our front porch and picked up the empties. Jimmy Dean's mother used to cut Hombre's hair when he was school age.

Ya'll may be too young to remember when Jimmy Dean was a recording artist:

That's what we had this morning....only we did the Canadian bacon, just like Mickey D does 'em.....they are so good........:)

Jimmy Dean sausage... just slice it in the wrapping, discard the wrapping, flatten each patty a little and right into the frying pan. Best sausage made, bar none.

Jimmy Dean sausage is really good and we usually buy it unless another brand we also like is on sale. There's not a lot of extraneous fat in it. Hombre makes our home verson of McDonald's sausage mcmuffins. He toasts two halves of the English muffins then makes a sandwich of it it with a good cooked thin sausage patty and a slice of cheese. The cheese needs to be put on while the muffin is very hot and even then he might microwave it just a bit to make sure it is hot all the way through and the cheese has melted a bit. But they are yummy.

Jimmy Dean was from Hombre's home town. I got to interview him once for the Plainview Daily Herald--really nice guy. His brother, not so nice a guy, was our milk man who delivered milk in glass gallon containers to our front porch and picked up the empties. Jimmy Dean's mother used to cut Hombre's hair when he was school age.

Ya'll may be too young to remember when Jimmy Dean was a recording artist:

That's what we had this morning....only we did the Canadian bacon, just like Mickey D does 'em.....they are so good........:)

Not to split hairs or nitpick or anything, but you can't make a Sausage McMuffin out of Canadian bacon. :) (I think you're thinking Egg McMuffin. :)

Well I didn't mean to imply it was the same as the Sausage McMuffin with Egg.... we had an Egg McMuffin....McDonalds' Sausage McMuffin with egg, is the same thing as the Egg McMuffin except for the meat.

Sausage-McMuffin-with-Egg.jpg

th

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I woke up early: I do this once or twice a month.

Chilly this morning, then the fifties, but later in the week we will be in the low seventies again, and 69 for Halloween. Crazy.

I'm spending most of the week at the Greenbrier, the ornate and heavily-storied structure at White Sulphur Springs, now a resort but once the location of a secret bunker where Congress was to be spirited off to in the event of nuclear war. They give tours of the bunker but I prolly won't bother paying their $34 ransom. Sheesh, for an hour and a half tour? I don't make much more than that. But this area is also inside the National Radio Quiet Zone and not far (60 miles north) is the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. So at the end of the week I'm planning a visit conveniently slotted into my time off. :)

Mertex, ph, yeah, they wore those hideous things. Go look up the Oakland Atheletic baseball uniforms from the 1970s.

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express lat night, but I will be going to the Utah Jazz opening hoop game Wednesday night.

I'm spending most of the week at the Greenbrier, the ornate and heavily-storied structure at White Sulphur Springs, now a resort but once the location of a secret bunker where Congress was to be spirited off to in the event of nuclear war. They give tours of the bunker but I prolly won't bother paying their $34 ransom. Sheesh, for an hour and a half tour? I don't make much more than that. But this area is also inside the National Radio Quiet Zone and not far (60 miles north) is the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. So at the end of the week I'm planning a visit conveniently slotted into my time off. :)

We lived in White Sulphur Springs the summer we were in West Virginia. Hombre was attending photography school and I was doing some freelance writing. The Greenbrier and the adjacent very prestigious medical clinic were the focal point of course. This was back in the 1980's when the $50 green fees at the Greenbrier resort golf course were really astronomical. The golf course extended on both sides of the highway running through town so you had to dodge the golf carts crossing from one side to the other. And considering that those $50 green fees were about the equivalent of $100 green fees now, it was amazing to us how many expensively attired, superbly coiffeured, manicured people were out poking through the grass and bushes along the highway hunting for lost balls. :)

Steelers won ... :gs:

and looked sooo dumb...
blog_steelers_unis2.jpg
Did they really have those uniforms at one time? They looked like a bunch of yellow jackets buzzing around....but they did the job....:)

Actually that's been done before -- this is the Eagles reviving their 1920s antecedents' unis..

6a00d83451bf7069e2017d3da91925970c-pi

What they looked like at the time: Frankford vs. the Dayton Triangles

ChamberlainPlay.jpg

(Frankford is a section in northeast Philadelphia -- where I was born).

Frankford went on to finish out the season with a 14-1-2 record, making them the undisputed 1926 NFL champions. Eleven of those victories were shutouts. This spectacular season marked the first time in history that a Philadelphia team won a national football championship. Frankford's 14 wins that season remained an NFL record that would not be broken until 1984, nearly 60 years later, when the San Francisco 49ers achieved a 15 win season.

The Yellow Jackets were a true part of the Frankford community. Most of the players lived together in boarding houses near the stadium, ate at the local YMCA, and passed time by playing football with kids in the street. The average salary for a player was $150 a game. The team had a fight song, a band, cheerleaders and a mascot. Any income that was in excess of covering player salaries and team expenses was given to charities in the local community, like the Frankford Hospital or the local Boy Scouts. (here)​

Last edited:
Steelers won ... :gs:

and looked sooo dumb...
blog_steelers_unis2.jpg
Did they really have those uniforms at one time? They looked like a bunch of yellow jackets buzzing around....but they did the job....:)

Actually that's been done before -- this is the Eagles reviving their 1920s antecedents' unis..

6a00d83451bf7069e2017d3da91925970c-pi

What they looked like at the time: Frankford vs. the Dayton Triangles

ChamberlainPlay.jpg

(Frankford is a section in northeast Philadelphia -- where I was born).
You were born in Philly? That explains a lot!!!

:D

Forum List

Back