USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yes, this illness has to do with hypertension in the lungs. I do eat lots of other tasty foods because I really got thin in the hospital and need to gain a few pounds but like Ringel, I like salty foods too. Every morning in the hospital I had pancakes and turkey bacon. Pancakes were great but that bacon... I wasn't loving it. :)

Hypertension in the lungs! That sounds serious Sarah G., makes my sports induced lung stuff seem pretty silly.

Ah yes, I was bad. Spam sammich for lunch....... Hey, it's been 6 to 8 months (or more) since my last one so I guess it's not that bad.
It 's full of salt, Ringel. Careful with that. I'm a salt freak and now I'm salt restricted. It bites but I have to live without it now.
6217.jpg

Hey, I eat it about once a year at most. One of the reasons I don't eat a lot of bacon, loaded with sodium and unlike Spam I could eat pounds of bacon daily...........
I miss bacon and sausage. I went to the movies and didn't get popcorn because I couldn't salt it. This is changing my life too much. :(

Can you say why you are salt restricted? Is it a mandatory thing or a personal choice?
Yes, this illness has to do with hypertension in the lungs. I do eat lots of other tasty foods because I really got thin in the hospital and need to gain a few pounds but like Ringel, I like salty foods too. Every morning in the hospital I had pancakes and turkey bacon. Pancakes were great but that bacon... I wasn't loving it. :)

After I posted that question to you, I got my curious up so did some reading on it. And I see what you are up against diet wise. Wish I had some wise words of wisdom to make it better, but I don't. I would really suffer if I had to give up my salty pretzels and chips and popcorn etc. But our health is more important than anything so I guess if I had to I could. But I wouldn't like it. Does empathy help?

Hypertension in the lungs! That sounds serious Sarah G., makes my sports induced lung stuff seem pretty silly.

You have activity induced asthma? I have dealt with it since I was a kid.

Yep, mild case. Makes 5ks interesting.

Anything having to do with the lungs is serious. I wouldn't call your ailments silly, we all have our crosses to bear. They're making great strides with my particular malady and I am feeling so much better after being diagnosed 2 months ago.

Yep, mild case. Makes 5ks interesting.

Yes mine is not serious--I don't treat for it or anything. Never know when it is going to hit though--when it does it is like somebody put a iron wall between your lungs and wind pipe. You just can't take a full breath. I went decades without a diagnosis for it. No cure. Just something we live with. It hits without warning, lasts for a few minutes, and then it's gone.

It 's full of salt, Ringel. Careful with that. I'm a salt freak and now I'm salt restricted. It bites but I have to live without it now.
6217.jpg

Hey, I eat it about once a year at most. One of the reasons I don't eat a lot of bacon, loaded with sodium and unlike Spam I could eat pounds of bacon daily...........
I miss bacon and sausage. I went to the movies and didn't get popcorn because I couldn't salt it. This is changing my life too much. :(

Can you say why you are salt restricted? Is it a mandatory thing or a personal choice?

After I posted that question to you, I got my curious up so did some reading on it. And I see what you are up against diet wise. Wish I had some wise words of wisdom to make it better, but I don't. I would really suffer if I had to give up my salty pretzels and chips and popcorn etc. But our health is more important than anything so I guess if I had to I could. But I wouldn't like it. Does empathy help?
Yes it helps. :) Thanks Foxy.

Has anyone ventured into any of the other OP's posted on the board today? It's all garbage. This board is truly sinking into the gutter. It's very difficult to find anyplace that's worth the time to even consider posting in except for the Coffee Shop. I'm going to give the board a short while to get better and if it doesn't I will very soon be leaving USMB for good. 90% of everything that's being posted these days is pretty disgusting. I'm getting very tired of it. It's almost not worth my time to even log on to the site any more. I find very very few OP's that are even worth the time to completely read and consider a response. The Coffee Shop, the only place I consider a good place to hang out in on this board even seems to be taking on a different flavor. Maybe it's me. I don't know but what I do know is that this board isn't very much fun any more and I am strongly considering finding something more productive to do with my time. Am I alone in my observations?
wild isn't it? libs/cons to the max. nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Finally someone agrees with me. :D

Of course being perfect I don't have that problem.........

By the way, can I interest anyone in a bridge? Some ocean front property in Arizona?

I have breathing issues. When I exert myself I get short of breath. granted I'm not even close to being in the shape I used to be in........ :eusa_whistle:

Alas, the asthma I'm talking about frustrates the athlete in top condition as much as it affects the couch potato. I first noticed it mountain climbing in the Sacramentos when I was a kid--before highschool. I wouldn't be the least bit tired or winded and it hit me. And there was nothing I could do but just sit down and wait--panicked of course because I didn't know what was happening. And after three or four minutes it passed and I was good to go again. It never happens doing normal activities or when resting--only when one is exerting themselves more than usual doing something aerobic.

Last edited:
I have breathing issues. When I exert myself I get short of breath. granted I'm not even close to being in the shape I used to be in........ :eusa_whistle:

Alas, the asthma I'm talking about frustrates the athlete in top condition as much as it affects the couch potato. I first noticed it mountain climbing in the Sacramentos when I was a kid--before highschool. I wouldn't be the least bit tired or winded and it hit me. And there was nothing I could do but just sit down and wait--panicked of course because I didn't know what was happening. And after three or four minutes it passed and I was good to go again. It never happens doing normal activities or when resting--only when one is exerting themselves more than usual doing something aerobic.
Do you have an inhaler?

Do you have an inhaler?
Yeah, two. I call em lungs........

My wife has allergy related asthma, I'm just really out of shape.

Do you have an inhaler?
Yeah, two. I call em lungs........
You are such a brat tonight.

Its Alaska, everything is a side road...

But to get there from Wisconsin, you would go through a lot of U.S. states plus the whole length of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory or a whole lot of Canada.
Yeah I'd drive clear over through Montana and visit my sister and her family there on the way, then through Idaho and visit my niece, then probably clear over to Seattle to head up the ALCAN. Got a cousin in Seattle too.

Come pick me up. I could use an escape and was just thinking Alaska. Watched Buying Alaska today while folding clothes. The place outside Denali National Park (sp?) Was gorgeous.
I did too... :lol:

They had kind of a "Buying Alaska" marathon on today. I watched them all, then looked at houses in Alaska on Zillow.

Do you have an inhaler?

No. It never last long enough to be a problem that would justify using one. My doctor counseled against it unless my condition worsened and it never has.

Its Alaska, everything is a side road...

But to get there from Wisconsin, you would go through a lot of U.S. states plus the whole length of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory or a whole lot of Canada.
Yeah I'd drive clear over through Montana and visit my sister and her family there on the way, then through Idaho and visit my niece, then probably clear over to Seattle to head up the ALCAN. Got a cousin in Seattle too.

Come pick me up. I could use an escape and was just thinking Alaska. Watched Buying Alaska today while folding clothes. The place outside Denali National Park (sp?) Was gorgeous.
I did too... :lol:

They had kind of a "Buying Alaska" marathon on today. I watched them all, then looked at houses in Alaska on Zillow.

Did you ever type your own address into your browser. It brings it up on Zillow and it is almost scary how much information is there.

Okay Hombre and I are going to watch some DVRed stuff and I'll probably go to sleep. So I'm gonna say good night for now. See ya'll tomorrow.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back