USMB Coffee Shop IV

Jimmy Dean sausage... just slice it in the wrapping, discard the wrapping, flatten each patty a little and right into the frying pan. Best sausage made, bar none.

Jimmy Dean sausage is really good and we usually buy it unless another brand we also like is on sale. There's not a lot of extraneous fat in it. Hombre makes our home verson of McDonald's sausage mcmuffins. He toasts two halves of the English muffins then makes a sandwich of it it with a good cooked thin sausage patty and a slice of cheese. The cheese needs to be put on while the muffin is very hot and even then he might microwave it just a bit to make sure it is hot all the way through and the cheese has melted a bit. But they are yummy.

Jimmy Dean was from Hombre's home town. I got to interview him once for the Plainview Daily Herald--really nice guy. His brother, not so nice a guy, was our milk man who delivered milk in glass gallon containers to our front porch and picked up the empties. Jimmy Dean's mother used to cut Hombre's hair when he was school age.

Ya'll may be too young to remember when Jimmy Dean was a recording artist:

Morning Everybody
Happy National Pumpkin Day!

happy-halloween-day-to-you-three-pumpkins-graphic-637x358.jpg

Pumpkin Pie for everyone! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! :)

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg
Gotta have whipped cream....... This is about half of what I put on my pumpkin pie..........

pumpkin-pie-with-whipped-cream.jpg

:D

I actually enjoy the whipped cream more than the pie. :)
Pumpkin pie is just a convenience for whipped cream........ Come to think of it so is strawberry shortcake......... :eusa_drool:

I think my favorite pie is apple, and I don't need anything else with it, and I can even eat it cold. Lol! It is so good!

"can even eat it cold"??

Eww. How else would you eat it?

As long as we're doing virtual pie I'd like to put in a vote for my favorite fruit --- Peach.

Morning Everybody
Happy National Pumpkin Day!

happy-halloween-day-to-you-three-pumpkins-graphic-637x358.jpg

Pumpkin Pie for everyone! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! :)

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg
Gotta have whipped cream....... This is about half of what I put on my pumpkin pie..........

Pumpkin pie is just a convenience for whipped cream........ Come to think of it so is strawberry shortcake......... :eusa_drool:

I think my favorite pie is apple, and I don't need anything else with it, and I can even eat it cold. Lol! It is so good!

"can even eat it cold"??

As long as we're doing virtual pie I'd like to put in a vote for my favorite fruit --- Peach.

Warm? You've never had warm apple pie? OMG! You don't know what you're missing! :) You must try it!

Jimmy Dean sausage... just slice it in the wrapping, discard the wrapping, flatten each patty a little and right into the frying pan. Best sausage made, bar none.

Jimmy Dean sausage is really good and we usually buy it unless another brand we also like is on sale. There's not a lot of extraneous fat in it. Hombre makes our home verson of McDonald's sausage mcmuffins. He toasts two halves of the English muffins then makes a sandwich of it it with a good cooked thin sausage patty and a slice of cheese. The cheese needs to be put on while the muffin is very hot and even then he might microwave it just a bit to make sure it is hot all the way through and the cheese has melted a bit. But they are yummy.

Jimmy Dean was from Hombre's home town. I got to interview him once for the Plainview Daily Herald--really nice guy. His brother, not so nice a guy, was our milk man who delivered milk in glass gallon containers to our front porch and picked up the empties. Jimmy Dean's mother used to cut Hombre's hair when he was school age.

Yup, that video is before my time, but I do like Jimmy Dean sausage. I use it to make sausage stuffing on Thanksgiving. So delicious! :)

I don't like cooked fruit, except black and blue berries ... no apple pie, no peach cobbler, no pineapple on ham, no strawberry shortcake. I make a mean blackberry cobbler, though, and decent blueberry pancakes.

"can even eat it cold"??

Warm? You've never had warm apple pie? OMG! You don't know what you're missing! :) You must try it!

I've seen it out there. I stick it in the freezer before the meal so it can chill.
Warm pie.... :puke:

"can even eat it cold"??

I've seen it out there. I stick it in the freezer before the meal so it can chill.
Warm pie.... :puke:

I make homemade pie and I always have a piece while it's still warm. With vanilla ice cream, it is yummy!

Step son had to work today, which was not in the plans Saturday. That meant work slowed and I was placing the 16' treated 2x6s in for the roof by myself. Oh, well about five more hours to completion. Might have had a shot getting it done today with help.

Pie? Lemon or pecan.

Miss freedombecki, yep.

Sausage? We have a Bob Evans plant in town.

That about covers it.

That's what we had this morning....only we did the Canadian bacon, just like Mickey D does 'em.....they are so good........:)

That's what we had this morning....only we did the Canadian bacon, just like Mickey D does 'em.....they are so good........:)

Not to split hairs or nitpick or anything, but you can't make a Sausage McMuffin out of Canadian bacon. :) (I think you're thinking Egg McMuffin. :)

Forum List

Back