USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have this little alarm clock that sets itself by WWVB so it's always accurate -- that's a bit of a pain in the ass* but I need my multiple alarm clocks so it's in the arsenal. This morning it kept telling me it was 5am when everything else told me it was 6. For a while I was seriously concerned the Daylight Savings circus had ended and I had got up an hour too early. That would have been uforgiveable. Fortunately the WWVB clock was wrong -- it's next week according to the latest "plan".

Still, I have yet to start a work day lately in anything but the dark. It's completely stupid.

(*I like my clocks to be intentionally fast)

Well... Sunday... what to do with myself... :eusa_think:
Buy a bar. You will always have something to do It could be washing beer glasses, painting walls or mopping up barf, but there's always something to occupy your time.
Been there, done that, bro. I bartended for years, and once managed a restaurant/bar/country club. I'm too old and busted up to work those late hours anymore. Dark comes and my body clock is telling me it's time to wind it down and hit the rack.
I hear ya. I open up at 1PM and most nights, I'm out of there by 10. Mondays, it's usually midnight before I chase out the poker players and get the tables put away. Band nights, I'm there til the bitter end too.

Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

I knew a kid who claimed that Forensic Files gave him nightmares. :lol:

Good morning all. I am in MUCH better shape this morning than yesterday morning, and I'm having my coffee so it's okay to approach me I think. :) Forced myself to go to bed before midnight last night and it did help.

ChrisL, I am not familiar with Forensic Files, but there are definitely movies I will not watch, most especially in the evenings, for that very reason. I want movies that get the point across without all the extreme gratuitous violence, blood, and gore and that leave you feeling happy or satisfied at the end. The graphic ones do not have a positive effect on me.

It's very good if you are interested in how crimes are solved. :)

Forensic Files No Witnesses. No Leads. No Problem.

Oh I enjoy that kind of genre. I have not watched the various CSI series or programs like Bones a lot, but usually enjoy them when I do. I just don't want unnecessary blood, gore, violence.

Oh, it's more like a documentary type of show that deals with real life crimes and how they went about solving them with very few clues to begin with. It's quite fascinating IMO. It's not bloody and gory, aside from the stories themselves, but they don't show anything graphic. You would probably really like it.

Yes, that does sound like something I would like.

Morning Everybody
Happy National Pumpkin Day!

happy-halloween-day-to-you-three-pumpkins-graphic-637x358.jpg

Pumpkin Pie for everyone! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! :)

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg
Gotta have whipped cream....... This is about half of what I put on my pumpkin pie..........

pumpkin-pie-with-whipped-cream.jpg

:D

I actually enjoy the whipped cream more than the pie. :)

Watched 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' this afternoon. Haven't seen it in years. I still got scared at the ending when Doom gets run over by the steamroller and melts in the 'dip'.
Used to give me bad dreams as a kid, probably will again tonight!
Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

Good morning all. I am in MUCH better shape this morning than yesterday morning, and I'm having my coffee so it's okay to approach me I think. :) Forced myself to go to bed before midnight last night and it did help.

ChrisL, I am not familiar with Forensic Files, but there are definitely movies I will not watch, most especially in the evenings, for that very reason. I want movies that get the point across without all the extreme gratuitous violence, blood, and gore and that leave you feeling happy or satisfied at the end. The graphic ones do not have a positive effect on me.

The wife watches those type of shows, not the CSI type dramas but the real crime shows, her background is abnormal psychology.

They are very interesting. It's just amazing how they can start off with just a carpet fiber and end up solving the case!

The wife watches those type of shows, not the CSI type dramas but the real crime shows, her background is abnormal psychology.

They are very interesting. It's just amazing how they can start off with just a carpet fiber and end up solving the case!

In the "olden days' I loved shows like "Columbo" and "Murder She Wrote" and "Perry Mason". In the movie "A Few Good Men", the case cracker was the simple fact that the victim was not packed--something that I was embarrassed that it had not occurred to me before that line in the movie. (I was an investigative reporter in my earlier life and an insurance investigator in my later but still former life and something like that should not have escaped my attention.) I will check out the Forensic Files. Does sound interesting.

Morning Everybody

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg
Gotta have whipped cream....... This is about half of what I put on my pumpkin pie..........

Pumpkin pie is just a convenience for whipped cream........ Come to think of it so is strawberry shortcake......... :eusa_drool:

I think my favorite pie is apple, and I don't need anything else with it, and I can even eat it cold. Lol! It is so good!

Well... Sunday... what to do with myself... :eusa_think:
Buy a bar. You will always have something to do It could be washing beer glasses, painting walls or mopping up barf, but there's always something to occupy your time.
Been there, done that, bro. I bartended for years, and once managed a restaurant/bar/country club. I'm too old and busted up to work those late hours anymore. Dark comes and my body clock is telling me it's time to wind it down and hit the rack.
I hear ya. I open up at 1PM and most nights, I'm out of there by 10. Mondays, it's usually midnight before I chase out the poker players and get the tables put away. Band nights, I'm there til the bitter end too.
Many fights?

Apple pie is my favorite but I prefer it with vanilla ice cream or melted cheddar cheese. :thup:

Ice cream, okay. Cheddar cheese? I've never heard of such a thing! Blasphemy! :lol:

I personally prefer my apple pie without the cheese but it is considered a delicacy in many circles--cheddar cheese and apple pie go together quite well.

Apple pie is my favorite but I prefer it with vanilla ice cream or melted cheddar cheese. :thup:

Ice cream, okay. Cheddar cheese? I've never heard of such a thing! Blasphemy! :lol:

I personally prefer my apple pie without the cheese but it is considered a delicacy in many circles--cheddar cheese and apple pie go together quite well.
I'm a "cheese head," and I've never heard of that.

Morning Everybody

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg

Pumpkin pie is just a convenience for whipped cream........ Come to think of it so is strawberry shortcake......... :eusa_drool:

And Hot Chocolate ummmmmmmmmmmm
I love Hot Chocolate with lots of whipped cream on top. :)

That's what I thought when I first saw it...... One taste changed my mind, heck I used to snack on raw apples with cheese.
There are lots of apple and cheese recipes.

That's what I thought when I first saw it...... One taste changed my mind, heck I used to snack on raw apples with cheese.
There are lots of apple and cheese recipes.

Oh yes, I've heard of apples and cheese being served together (like grapes or other fruits), but I've never heard of cheese being served with apple pie. It probably is very good.

Morning Everybody

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg

I've always put Fluff in my hot chocolate. I have a shameless sweet tooth! :biggrin:

Not so much a sweet tooth here. Apple pies generally call for 3/4 cup of sugar, I use 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Same with anything I make, I add about 1/3 to 1/2 less sugar than what the recipe calls for, I don't like sugar flavored deserts, I like to taste the fruit, spices, cream, etc. Yeah I know, it's unAmerican........ :lol:

Morning Everybody

pumpkin-pie-day.jpg

Not a big chocolate fan except for the occasional dark chocolate. If I eat chocolate straight up it's usually bitter-sweet.
Now butterscotch on the other hand........ :D
My big weakness is carbs, fat and salt specifically in the form of regular potato chips but they tear up my lower GI tract, would still rather eat a large bowl of jasmine rice with butter, salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Often I will toss in some french cut green beans and sometimes breakfast sausage or hamburger and make a meal out of it.

Forum List

Back