USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think a fan or maybe one of those 'sounds of nature' type cd's would be better background noise than the TV. The TV is much too erratic.
Yup, we always run a fan, circulates the air in the house and creates 'white noise'. As for needing it to be dark...... Nope, worked decades of evening and night shifts, I could sleep on a rooftop, next to a busy airport, under the flight path at noon if I was tired enough.......
Had my parents' old metal fan I took to college to run as white noise. Worked great even when the room next door was having a party.

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. Playing hooky from Mass this morning. Just don't feel like venturing out today. It's a beautiful day here but I don't feel like going any where today. My buddy, got himself a very nice doe yesterday bow hunting. She was a dandy and one of the biggest does I've seen lately. Got lots of stuff I want to do on the computer today so I best get to that second cup of coffee and get to it.

You missed out on Army billets the would have around 50-60 guys in a large room....I didn't sleep much then....
WWII reenacting, old barracks at Fort Indiantown Gap........ Yeah, I know...... What's funny is I slept pretty well there but I slept downstairs, most were upstairs. The problem wasn't the snoring it was the partying that went on till 0-dark-thirty of which I frequently was part of........

Watched 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' this afternoon. Haven't seen it in years. I still got scared at the ending when Doom gets run over by the steamroller and melts in the 'dip'.
Used to give me bad dreams as a kid, probably will again tonight!
Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

I knew a kid who claimed that Forensic Files gave him nightmares. :lol:

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. Playing hooky from Mass this morning. Just don't feel like venturing out today. It's a beautiful day here but I don't feel like going any where today. My buddy, got himself a very nice doe yesterday bow hunting. She was a dandy and one of the biggest does I've seen lately. Got lots of stuff I want to do on the computer today so I best get to that second cup of coffee and get to it.
Coffee... good idea... I'll start with that... :coffee:

Watched 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' this afternoon. Haven't seen it in years. I still got scared at the ending when Doom gets run over by the steamroller and melts in the 'dip'.
Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

Good morning all. I am in MUCH better shape this morning than yesterday morning, and I'm having my coffee so it's okay to approach me I think. :) Forced myself to go to bed before midnight last night and it did help.

ChrisL, I am not familiar with Forensic Files, but there are definitely movies I will not watch, most especially in the evenings, for that very reason. I want movies that get the point across without all the extreme gratuitous violence, blood, and gore and that leave you feeling happy or satisfied at the end. The graphic ones do not have a positive effect on me.

Good morning all. I am in MUCH better shape this morning than yesterday morning, and I'm having my coffee so it's okay to approach me I think. :) Forced myself to go to bed before midnight last night and it did help.

ChrisL, I am not familiar with Forensic Files, but there are definitely movies I will not watch, most especially in the evenings, for that very reason. I want movies that get the point across without all the extreme gratuitous violence, blood, and gore and that leave you feeling happy or satisfied at the end. The graphic ones do not have a positive effect on me.

It's very good if you are interested in how crimes are solved. :)

Forensic Files No Witnesses. No Leads. No Problem.

Oh I enjoy that kind of genre. I have not watched the various CSI series or programs like Bones a lot, but usually enjoy them when I do. I just don't want unnecessary blood, gore, violence.

Oh I enjoy that kind of genre. I have not watched the various CSI series or programs like Bones a lot, but usually enjoy them when I do. I just don't want unnecessary blood, gore, violence.

Oh, it's more like a documentary type of show that deals with real life crimes and how they went about solving them with very few clues to begin with. It's quite fascinating IMO. It's not bloody and gory, aside from the stories themselves, but they don't show anything graphic. You would probably really like it.

The wife watches those type of shows, not the CSI type dramas but the real crime shows, her background is abnormal psychology.

Returned the latest laptop the wife decided she didn't like and while we were a Beast Buy she looked at a few others. Found a Lenovo 'Yoga2' (2 in 1) that had the keyboard she wanted with the tablet to notebook configuration she wanted though it's only a 13" screen. Set it up for her yesterday, we'll see if this works for her because I told her if she gets it she'll have to live with it.........

lenovo-laptop-yoga-2-pro-modes.png

Coffee... good idea... I'll start with that... :coffee:

:thup: That always makes me think better...:lol:

I know what I am going to do today and I very much like it already. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think a fan or maybe one of those 'sounds of nature' type cd's would be better background noise than the TV. The TV is much too erratic.
Yup, we always run a fan, circulates the air in the house and creates 'white noise'. As for needing it to be dark...... Nope, worked decades of evening and night shifts, I could sleep on a rooftop, next to a busy airport, under the flight path at noon if I was tired enough.......
Had my parents' old metal fan I took to college to run as white noise. Worked great even when the room next door was having a party.

I agree. It is that white noise. :thup:

Good morning Coffee Shoppers! 77 here already and they're calling for a high of 81. #2 son will land in NOLA on Wednesday and be staying with us for a few days. Maybe some fresh ink is in my future?

Well... Sunday... what to do with myself... :eusa_think:
Buy a bar. You will always have something to do It could be washing beer glasses, painting walls or mopping up barf, but there's always something to occupy your time.
Been there, done that, bro. I bartended for years, and once managed a restaurant/bar/country club. I'm too old and busted up to work those late hours anymore. Dark comes and my body clock is telling me it's time to wind it down and hit the rack.

Forum List

Back