USMB Coffee Shop IV

Maybe, but it would still be cool to travel around in one. They have some really nice ones. Probably really hard to park though! Lol! I might have to practice.

I used to think so too. But after taking a trip in one with my sister and her hubby, and finding out how much work was involved not only doing the essential maintenance and set up on the RV and whatever but the cooking, cleanup, housekeeping, trash handling, etc. under less than ideal conditions plus dealing with less than comfortable toilet and showering facilities, it just didn't feel like a vacation or really fun adventure for me. I would rather have unlimited mobility at all times in a comfy vehicle and enjoy the comforts of a motel and restaurant and let somebody else do all that work. :)
If you travel much in places where comfy accommodations are not readily available, and the only alternative is a cold, damp tent, you'd appreciate an RV. I guarantee!

I've been tent camping quite a few times. Lol! The RV is nice. There is a bath and a shower. Although not ideal, it beats those camp site bathrooms! :cheeky-smiley-018:
You camp sites had bathrooms??!!

Well, most of them did, yes. There were a few times when I've camped with friends at non-designated camping sites with no facilities. :D
Other than porta-johns that was normal for us.......

1BD30D01-155D-451F-677C2BBAD439F145.jpg

Maybe, but it would still be cool to travel around in one. They have some really nice ones. Probably really hard to park though! Lol! I might have to practice.

I used to think so too. But after taking a trip in one with my sister and her hubby, and finding out how much work was involved not only doing the essential maintenance and set up on the RV and whatever but the cooking, cleanup, housekeeping, trash handling, etc. under less than ideal conditions plus dealing with less than comfortable toilet and showering facilities, it just didn't feel like a vacation or really fun adventure for me. I would rather have unlimited mobility at all times in a comfy vehicle and enjoy the comforts of a motel and restaurant and let somebody else do all that work. :)
If you travel much in places where comfy accommodations are not readily available, and the only alternative is a cold, damp tent, you'd appreciate an RV. I guarantee!

I've been tent camping quite a few times. Lol! The RV is nice. There is a bath and a shower. Although not ideal, it beats those camp site bathrooms! :cheeky-smiley-018:
'Specially when you are camping in a place so remote the only way out is if your pilot comes to get you, or you are up to hiking miles and miles through some of the toughest terrain on Earth. That's kind of what you get when you guide big game hunters in Alaska, though. Base camp is cushy.

Lol! I've never camped like that before. I'm talking about just regular camping at camp sites. I've never been to Alaska, but I had a friend who lived their for a short time while her husband was in the military, and she said it was just breathtaking. :)
It is, and I would not leave for any other reason then my daughter and granddaughters. I cannot fault my SIL for his choices, though. He's a brave youngster, a good husband and father. Although they have assured me that I can live in the house with them, I am quite satisfied to be bringing my own "house" with me. I've lived in this trailer almost 8 years now and it's comfy. While I want to be close, I do not want to be a pain in the butt or interfere too much in their family dynamics.

Well, most of them did, yes. There were a few times when I've camped with friends at non-designated camping sites with no facilities. :D

My part of the country isn't nearly as wide open as yours. :) I'm from the east coast, and it is very woodsy around here. Our camping sites are more on the idea of this. I actually camped here before. Good times. :D This is a picture from Sebago Lake Camp in Maine.

sebago-campsite_679-128.jpg

Caught up, again.
Greetings of the day to y'all!
Well, it's finally gotten cold, 18 this morning. Everything is frosted and frozen and I doubt we'll see too many days above freezing from now until Spring thaw.
I made my first attempt at soft pretzels this morning. While nothing much to look at, they are quite tasty and have the proper chewy consistency one expects of soft pretzels. As soon as I get this batch of cheese into the mold, I'll get out and milk my goats. Then it's a few hours of prep for class tomorrow. I don't really like the skimpy presentation I inherited to teach about aircraft instruments so I am re-writing and improving the Powerpoint presentation. I've already re-written the homework and test. I'll be doing the same with navigation and a few other topics.
My daughter will be 32 tomorrow. Where has the time flown to?
I hope Ringel finds relief for his pain. Sarah G, keep on improving, as well. My wishes that all my fellow CS travelers be well and thrive continue to be in my thoughts.
Any one of y'all ever makes it to AK while I am here, I will feel privileged to host you at my cabin.

My part of the country isn't nearly as wide open as yours. :) I'm from the east coast, and it is very woodsy around here. Our camping sites are more on the idea of this. I actually camped here before. Good times. :D This is a picture from Sebago Lake Camp in Maine.

Those pictures are from Northern Virginia where I lived until 2012. Now if I want to tent camp I have to find a flar space or make one......

Rainbow-Jambaia-climbing-and-camping-cliffs.jpg

Those pictures are from Northern Virginia where I lived until 2012. Now if I want to tent camp I have to find a flar space or make one......

Rainbow-Jambaia-climbing-and-camping-cliffs.jpg

Now that is challenging camping, especially if you aren't crazy about heights, like myself. :lol:

First freeze and frost warnings for the Front Range and the high plains tonight. Highs today were in the 60s with a constant breeze so in the shade it was fairly cool and it's already getting dark out at 6:15.

First ones? We have had at least four frosts already and possible snow Friday.
For the mountains it's already happened at least that many times not to mention all the snow some areas have already had. Normally we would have already had that many but the last two weeks we set record highs for this time of year. :dunno:

Forum List

Back