USMB Coffee Shop IV

We are at 1,119 feet.
Flatlander........

Indeed. The lowest point in New Mexico is in the Pecos valley at 2,842 feet in southeast New Mexico, but it occupies a really small area. Our average elevation is 5,700 feet above sea level and tops out at 13,161 feet--Wheeler Peak about 15 miles northeast of Taos. My house sits at about 5,400 feet--Albuquerque is approximately the same overall elevation as Denver.

Just fielded a robo call re state and local elections. After the series of routine questions of "If the election were held today, would you vote for. . . . .?" But in the closing demographics--male or female - young or old- they closed with whether I would describe myself as Native American, African American, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, or Anglo. And I had to grin and think only in New Mexico. :)

The lowest point in Colorado is 3,315 ft and is the highest low point in the nation.

Your high point is higher than ours too. But we boast the highest State Capital. Santa Fe is roughly at 7,000 ft.
Denver is 5,690 ft high the Springs is at 6,035 ft, Albuquerques highest point is 6,700 ft. We're at 6,025 ft here in Trinidad.

Okay battle of the statistics LOL. Albuquerque's average elevation is 5,352 ft making it the highest metropolitan city on the American mainland. You have to get up close to the mountain and actually start ascending into the foothills to get to the 6,700 ft. The lowest elevation at river level before it exists the southern city limits is 4900 ft.

Denver's average elevation is right at that 5,278 (mile high) level with a low of 5,130 ft to a high of 5,690 ft.

No acclimation is necessary for folks visiting back and forth between the two cities. :)

Ah, I don't have to acclimate going from here to Denver. Time before last I took a sledgehammer to a brick wall 12 hours after arrival. Would have started sooner, but it was night and the neighbors might have had issues.

Watched 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' this afternoon. Haven't seen it in years. I still got scared at the ending when Doom gets run over by the steamroller and melts in the 'dip'.
Used to give me bad dreams as a kid, probably will again tonight!
Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

I get scared at basically everything, lol.

Watched 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' this afternoon. Haven't seen it in years. I still got scared at the ending when Doom gets run over by the steamroller and melts in the 'dip'.
Okay, that show was (mostly) a cartoon, supposed to be funny, I can understand having nightmares after reading HP Lovecraft but not after watching Roger Rabbit. :dunno:

BOO!

:scared1:

Snow plow prep package, park assist, 3.73 rear end built in Flint, MI. I checked.
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

But do you really want to pull a trailer? I wouldn't want all the hassle. If I was driving to Alaska I would want to be able to take the interesting little side road or check out something interesting along the way that might not be so easy to do with a trailer in tow or that you have to find a safe place to park it and all. But that's just me.
I'll let you know how my Dodge Ram does hauling a trailer South. I've got a nice 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, completely dressed out for heavy hauling.
As far as side trips, Foxy, I can always disconnect and make a short trip, if I want. Usually, I'm pretty goal-oriented and just want to get where I'm going. Especially since just the trip through Canada can take 2-3 days!

I've always wanted to get one of those huge campers and travel around the country. Maybe some day when I retire and don't have to work anymore. :D

I've always imagined driving one of those to be a hassle. :dunno:
Driving them isn't so bad. Mine is 28 feet and nearly 8,000 pounds with the Harley loaded and except for hills, I really forget it's there at times. Parking them can be a big problem. And the extra fuel you use pulling one.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I got scared at last nights Blacklist. Anyone watch it? <shudder>

:lol: You must really hate Halloween then!

(
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

But do you really want to pull a trailer? I wouldn't want all the hassle. If I was driving to Alaska I would want to be able to take the interesting little side road or check out something interesting along the way that might not be so easy to do with a trailer in tow or that you have to find a safe place to park it and all. But that's just me.
I'll let you know how my Dodge Ram does hauling a trailer South. I've got a nice 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, completely dressed out for heavy hauling.
As far as side trips, Foxy, I can always disconnect and make a short trip, if I want. Usually, I'm pretty goal-oriented and just want to get where I'm going. Especially since just the trip through Canada can take 2-3 days!

I've always wanted to get one of those huge campers and travel around the country. Maybe some day when I retire and don't have to work anymore. :D

I've always imagined driving one of those to be a hassle. :dunno:
Driving them isn't so bad. Mine is 28 feet and nearly 8,000 pounds with the Harley loaded and except for hills, I really forget it's there at times. Parking them can be a big problem. And the extra fuel you use pulling one.

No kidding. Gas is definitely something to take into consideration ( :razz: and not the kind that comes out of your bum!)

I got scared at last nights Blacklist. Anyone watch it? <shudder>

I watch that show (and Scorpion) with the mother-in-law. It was pretty freaky. I rarely get scared, but often have to close my eyes or walk away during a horror flick ... any time someone inflicts serious pain on another. I've no problem with gruesome, but can't handle pain. I can watch an autopsy, but still can't watch the scene in Misery where Kathy Bates breaks the author's legs with a sledgehammer (no blood and I don't think they even show it, really).

Forum List

Back