USMB Coffee Shop IV

When my brother in law was in town, he was walking around pretty much all night with back and sciatica pain. I look online for remedies, I felt so sorry for him. Here are a couple of stretches and bed setups so you can at least sleep. Some of this is kind of pricey but how much would you pay to get some sleep?

Back wedges:

Bed Wedges Back Wedge Pillows Relax The Back

Yoga:

7 Poses to Soothe Sciatica Yoga International

I had some sciatica recently and do the stretches religiously. See what you think.

Crisp and cool this morning, upper 30s, supposedly was supposed to get down in the upper 20s overnight.
Yup, left low back, upper left buttocks and left outer thigh pretty stiff and sore this morning. Pretty sure it's sciatica.
A couple of hours ago I reached down to raise the garage door. Have to do it by hand from the very bottom, no handle and the door opener doesn't work. As I pulled it up it suddenly felt like my left pant leg had tape on the inside and all my leg hairs were being pulled out, realized a second later it was like being stabbed with a hundred needles and it wasn't stopping, then realized my left hip and left side of my lower back hurt....... badly. Still sore, hurts to stand up, walk and sit down and my left thigh still feels "tingly".
Have an appointment with my chiro tomorrow........

Healing juju your way.

It's because he posted that rock climbing video yesterday :nono:
Ya didn't have to look....... :lol:
I could have posted some other more intense ones, stuff that I never attempted, for good reason. :ack-1:

When my brother in law was in town, he was walking around pretty much all night with back and sciatica pain. I look online for remedies, I felt so sorry for him. Here are a couple of stretches and bed setups so you can at least sleep. Some of this is kind of pricey but how much would you pay to get some sleep?

Back wedges:

Yoga:

I had some sciatica recently and do the stretches religiously. See what you think.
I was thinking a little stretching with some acupressure.

medieval-torture-rack-21295995.jpg

Back wedges:

Yoga:

Sarah, there are some excellent instructional videos for all kinds of physical solutions to many challenges, on YouTube. ( But you prolly knew that? ) :)

It is a lovely morning here and I hope everyone else is experiencing the same. We had our final kickball game of the season last night and sadly we lost. We played well but they played a little better. Better luck next season. Cheers!

Back wedges:

Yoga:

Sarah, there are some excellent instructional videos for all kinds of physical solutions to many challenges, on YouTube. ( But you prolly knew that? ) :)
Yes, thanks Athena. I've looked at so many and try most of them. The gentle stretches of yoga have always appealed to me tho and I know Ringel is aware of all of it too. I do some of the stretches on my bed before getting up sometimes.

Raining and 65 today. My daughter walked her doggies over to see me today. It rained on them on the way home tho. :(

Back wedges:

Yoga:

I was thinking a little stretching with some acupressure.

medieval-torture-rack-21295995.jpg

Back wedges:

Yoga:

Yes, thanks Athena. I've looked at so many and try most of them. The gentle stretches of yoga have always appealed to me tho and I know Ringel is aware of all of it too. I do some of the stretches on my bed before getting up sometimes.

Yoga is awesome. I did it as a kid, so did my parents. Need to get back into it and keep it regular.

I watched the Redskins/Dallas game last night and have been doing my "Happy Dance" ever since! My beloved Washington Redskins won!!! Regardless of how poor of a season the Redskins are having, if they manage to beat Dallas to me it's as good as the Skins winning the Super Bowl. I am amazed at how well the Redskins played and how poorly the Dallas team played. Now, back to my Happy Dance.

Low 60s with light rain and heavy leaves.

Dark, rain and wind today...low 60's. The ocean is going to look throbbing. I will be driving along it. :thup:

I was seeing on the news last night that you guys might be in for several inches of rain. But you need it right? Looked promising for a lot of California too. Maybe the terrible drought is finally breaking. We can bope so.

I watched the Redskins/Dallas game last night and have been doing my "Happy Dance" ever since! My beloved Washington Redskins won!!! Regardless of how poor of a season the Redskins are having, if they manage to beat Dallas to me it's as good as the Skins winning the Super Bowl. I am amazed at how well the Redskins played and how poorly the Dallas team played. Now, back to my Happy Dance.

It was a pretty good game. Washington played with a lot of heart. Penalties hurt them throughout the game though. A Delay of Game on the last drive during regulation and then sack ended any shoot of a last second field goal. Washington's D had some pretty key turnovers as well. As a huge Steelers fan seeing Dallas lose is as a treat. lol

And good morning all. A chilly 45 at this hour and probably won't make it out of the low to mid 60's today--low 70's forecast the rest of the week which is still unusually warm for this time of year. But the sky is so bright blue it hurts your eyes to look directly at it, the air is clean and crisp, and though we need more moisture too, it is all good.

But now Albuquerque is gearing up for Halloween Friday night:

1407440345000-Calaveras-wwwnewmexicostockcom.jpg

And I think you guys are mean to pick on our Cowboys. I'm not mean when I pick on your teams though of course. :) But grrrr. The darn Packers, Cowboys and a couple of other teams that were heavily favored to win and didn't knocked me out of my Number 1 spot in my pickems group. But I'll get it back.

They actually play games to figure out the winners, instead of just looking at stats and determining the winner. Browns fans understand that better than most.

Snow plow prep package, park assist, 3.73 rear end built in Flint, MI. I checked.
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

But do you really want to pull a trailer? I wouldn't want all the hassle. If I was driving to Alaska I would want to be able to take the interesting little side road or check out something interesting along the way that might not be so easy to do with a trailer in tow or that you have to find a safe place to park it and all. But that's just me.
I'll let you know how my Dodge Ram does hauling a trailer South. I've got a nice 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, completely dressed out for heavy hauling.
As far as side trips, Foxy, I can always disconnect and make a short trip, if I want. Usually, I'm pretty goal-oriented and just want to get where I'm going. Especially since just the trip through Canada can take 2-3 days!

Snow plow prep package, park assist, 3.73 rear end built in Flint, MI. I checked.
Yeah it's a nice truck. Don't know if I'll buy THAT one, but surely something very similar. I do really like the wheels on that one though, and the low miles, and the 2011 and later 6.6 diesels have more torque than any other they've ever made. I think that would do the trick as far as pulling a trailer up to Alaska and back, and hopefully a lot of other places as well.

But do you really want to pull a trailer? I wouldn't want all the hassle. If I was driving to Alaska I would want to be able to take the interesting little side road or check out something interesting along the way that might not be so easy to do with a trailer in tow or that you have to find a safe place to park it and all. But that's just me.
I'll let you know how my Dodge Ram does hauling a trailer South. I've got a nice 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, completely dressed out for heavy hauling.
As far as side trips, Foxy, I can always disconnect and make a short trip, if I want. Usually, I'm pretty goal-oriented and just want to get where I'm going. Especially since just the trip through Canada can take 2-3 days!

I've always wanted to get one of those huge campers and travel around the country. Maybe some day when I retire and don't have to work anymore. :D

Forum List

Back