USMB Coffee Shop IV

On Mountainmen, there is a guy who chases off cougars. He has dogs that tree the cat and then bangs on the trunk with a stick. The cat can feel the vibration and gets out of the tree. Maybe its whack-a-tree time?

It's Scorpion and Blacklist night with MIL. Can only post during commercials. BRB
I'm thinking about watching Scorpion but I'll have to let something else go. Love Blacklist!

Such a short season. We might have to check out the new one by the same guy, something with "state," with Alfre Woodard (I like her).

Elementary is back, but they may have ruined it like Person of Interest.
The season finale is just the Fall finale. They will be back after the first of the year.

On Mountainmen, there is a guy who chases off cougars. He has dogs that tree the cat and then bangs on the trunk with a stick. The cat can feel the vibration and gets out of the tree. Maybe its whack-a-tree time?

Curiously, I tried that too, last week when he went up there. Didn't work then but I have a baseball bat and have a pretty good swing. Never hurts to take BP. I'm on it. :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
This is drastic, Pogo, but do you have power spray of some sort. Even if it is only a few drops that reach the critter, it should move him. Put all sorts of food and water lures on the ground below for visual reinforcement.

I tried that too last week. My hose has a pretty powerful spurt but it won't reach anywhere near that high.

Hey could be worse, what if Hobbes got all the other cats in the neighborhood to climbs trees too? You'd have a meowing forest!

Morning

so-much-fun.jpg

the-damn-kids.jpg

CS cop? I like to think of it more like Seal Team 6....

Vote!

Be prepared to be a gracious loser and/or generous winner.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Today is election day. If you have not already voted, please go to the polls and vote for the candidate of your choice and vote for the issues that are important to you.
Done and done.. I pray Democrats keep the senate.

Today is election day. If you have not already voted, please go to the polls and vote for the candidate of your choice and vote for the issues that are important to you.
Done and done... I pray Republicans take the senate.

Foxfyre

Hammer time.

This is drastic, Pogo, but do you have power spray of some sort. Even if it is only a few drops that reach the critter, it should move him. Put all sorts of food and water lures on the ground below for visual reinforcement.

I tried that too last week. My hose has a pretty powerful spurt but it won't reach anywhere near that high.

Time for chain saw and removal of tree??? :eek: Thing is, he will do it again, though.

As of midday Hobbes will have set a new record. Five days.

sigh...:frown:

Have you tried luring him down with food or something? I don't know what to tell you, other than to climb up there and get him. I hope he isn't stuck. Five days is a long time to go without eating.

He's far too high to reach this time (40-50 feet I estimate). My basket contraption on a pole, even standing on a ladder leaning at a very uncertain angle enabled me to perch the basket up there about halfway with a dish of food in it. I did that yesterday to encourage the idea that "there's food down below if I can just get to it", which would require him figuring a way to do the first 20 feet.

Left it up there all day but he didn't take the bait. Something did -- the bowl was cleaned out.

Unfortunately I don't think this tree would support a human weight at that height even if somebody could climb that high -- it's too thin. The guy would probably fall into the rocky creek bed below from fifty feet up. Somebody suggested cutting the tree down, which would fall either into that rocky bed, into other trees, or across my driveway.

Maybe you could call animal rescue in your area. Maybe they have some ideas that none of us know about? It's worth a shot. Hopefully he will just come down on his own when he gets hungry enough.

Done and done.. I pray Democrats keep the senate.

Done and done... I pray Republicans take the senate.

Foxfyre

Hammer time.
Tattletale. :lol:

Time for chain saw and removal of tree??? :eek: Thing is, he will do it again, though.
Me thinks it should be an indoor cat only. He can have a blast in a ficus :)

I was just scoping out the area -- the tree would either fall (a) into the creek bed which is rocky (and currently dry) and further down than the height of the tree (which means a fall of more like sixty feet), (b) at an angle into the branches of other trees, which could mean impalement, (c) across my driveway or possibly (d) across the road.

I done whacked the tree with a baseball bat until my hands ache from the return shock. It's an aluminum bat (I know, that's not real baseball). Hobbes' reaction was to settle in and decide it was time to lick his paws.

Forum List

Back