USMB Coffee Shop IV

Trick-or-Treat came off with no weather surprises! It did not rain as predicted, but the temps were hovering in the high 30s.

Those glowsticks were a smash hit! I gave away 48 of them in 45 minutes. When I got them, I set one off just to see how long it would glow (better than eight hours!). Then on Saturday evening, during Trick-or-Treat, I put one of them around my neck as a sales tool. The rest of the sticks were gladly accepted by both parent and child.

Now my Jack o' Lantern is in the compost heap at the Big House, the flower boxes have been emptied and put away for the winter, the Autumn garland can stay on the front portico rail until the first of December when the Christmas garland and lighting comes out.

And this is why the pace of life picks up once you hit the months ending in 'ber'!

Things are going wrong here. First my bank Lloyds may be closing my branch. So I will have to move my account to another bank. Then my email account has stopped working. I think the server has shut down.
I was using uku.co.uk but I think they have gone bust. So I will have to find a new service for my emails.

My favorite months of the year are those ending in 'ber. :) The glow sticks were a great idea Nosmo. You had a lot more kids at your place than we did ours this year. We had maybe 30 kids come by--a really low turnout. But a lot of our neighbors were away and maybe with so many houses dark on our street, folks just bypassed our block. Who knows.

But I just saw this and it gets my vote for the best Halloween costumes of 2014:

1891078_10155006550425508_6212721588265287037_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

As of midday Hobbes will have set a new record. Five days.

sigh...:frown:

Have you tried luring him down with food or something? I don't know what to tell you, other than to climb up there and get him. I hope he isn't stuck. Five days is a long time to go without eating.

He's far too high to reach this time (40-50 feet I estimate). My basket contraption on a pole, even standing on a ladder leaning at a very uncertain angle enabled me to perch the basket up there about halfway with a dish of food in it. I did that yesterday to encourage the idea that "there's food down below if I can just get to it", which would require him figuring a way to do the first 20 feet.

Left it up there all day but he didn't take the bait. Something did -- the bowl was cleaned out.

Unfortunately I don't think this tree would support a human weight at that height even if somebody could climb that high -- it's too thin. The guy would probably fall into the rocky creek bed below from fifty feet up. Somebody suggested cutting the tree down, which would fall either into that rocky bed, into other trees, or across my driveway.

It's Scorpion and Blacklist night with MIL. Can only post during commercials. BRB
I'm thinking about watching Scorpion but I'll have to let something else go. Love Blacklist!

Such a short season. We might have to check out the new one by the same guy, something with "state," with Alfre Woodard (I like her).

Elementary is back, but they may have ruined it like Person of Interest.

This is drastic, Pogo, but do you have power spray of some sort. Even if it is only a few drops that reach the critter, it should move him. Put all sorts of food and water lures on the ground below for visual reinforcement.

Forum List

Back